Robert Sarver is in Big Trouble (ANNOUNCES SALE PROCESS)

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Green’s impact goes beyond boxscore. He’s their most versatile defender and leads them in assists and rebounds. He can also handle the ball and make open 3’s. He will get in Ayton’s head and not sign a jersey for him after the game.

We’ll see

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we win multiple titles, yes.

If we don’t, no one even ever MENTIONS the HOF with him.

You can contort and cram whatever random different stats together and put a cap on the years when the stats matter to your hearts content, but there’s nothing historical about averaging 15.8 ppg/11.8 rebounds/1 block in the playoffs. That’s what he did for the course of the playoffs. It was easily his most consistent stretch of his entire career and a GREAT time to do it, but the idea he was “historical” is just laughable to me.
His numbers stack up better than you think. For the sake of keeping this thread on topic I posted some numbers here: https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/the-ayton-plan.414577/post-4655405

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Just to help @Ouchie-Z-Clown, Wilt's Career averages regular season:

MPG: 45.8
FG%: .540
RPG: 22.9
APG: 4.4
PPG: 30.1

Wilt's Career averages post season:

MPG: 47.2
FG%: .522
RPG: 24.5
APG: 4.2
PPG: 22.5

For fun, Wilt's last year in the league when he was "washed up:"

regular season: (82 games played for the Lakers) 72.7 from the floor over 82 games, WTF?

MPG: 43.2
FG%: .727
RPG: 18.6
APG: 4.5
PPG: 13.2

playoffs (17 games):

MPG: 47.1
FG%: .552
RPG: 22.5
APG: 3.5
PPG: 10.5

Wilt wanted to make movies and play volley ball. He almost unretired to play for the Suns, but the Lakers blocked the Suns from signing Wilt because they still retained his rights. Wilt stayed retired.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can we get back to Sarver discussions? There are a few Ayton threads we can discuss his value in.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Just to help @Ouchie-Z-Clown, Wilt's Career averages regular season:

MPG: 45.8
FG%: .540
RPG: 22.9
APG: 4.4
PPG: 30.1

Wilt's Career averages post season:

MPG: 47.2
FG%: .522
RPG: 24.5
APG: 4.2
PPG: 22.5

For fun, Wilt's last year in the league when he was "washed up:"

regular season: (82 games played for the Lakers) 72.7 from the floor over 82 games, WTF?

MPG: 43.2
FG%: .727
RPG: 18.6
APG: 4.5
PPG: 13.2

playoffs (17 games):

MPG: 47.1
FG%: .552
RPG: 22.5
APG: 3.5
PPG: 10.5

Wilt wanted to make movies and play volley ball. He almost unretired to play for the Suns, but the Lakers blocked the Suns from signing Wilt because they still retained his rights. Wilt stayed retired.
Did I ever bring up wilt?!?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Did I ever bring up wilt?!?
You were bringing up Ayton's numbers in general were not worth the max. I just selected a Center I thought would be the max, who we could compare Ayton to. Yes, I see what you mean 15 and 11, or whatever numbers we are looking at for Ayton, just do not seem worth the max. I am thinking of Jokic averages, etc.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You were bringing up Ayton's numbers in general were not worth the max. I just selected a Center I thought would be the max, who we could compare Ayton to. Yes, I see what you mean 15 and 11, or whatever numbers we are looking at for Ayton, just do not seem worth the max. I am thinking of Jokic averages, etc.
Lol I don’t think I’ve been a part of this conversation. Mixing me up with cheese?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Former Suns employees have been released from non-disclosure agreements for NBA investigation.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s kind of a huge leap in logic.
You're right, there was one paragraph in that article that seemed quite damning on my initial read. On a re-read I realize it could just be ESPN playing games with the truth (not lying, just misleading). I should have paid more attention to the fact that it was an ESPN article. I thought this paragraph indicated new witnesses and new claims when in fact it could easily just be referring to their initial interviews that eventually led to the investigation.

Before their interviews, current and former employees told ESPN they had prepared extensive notes about allegations they wanted to share, dates of incidents and names of other witnesses to specific accounts. Some provided lists of current and former employees, along with their contact information, who could corroborate certain allegations.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Who did the releasing? If it was the Suns, then they think there is nothing out there too damning. If the NBA..... Sarver could be screwed.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're right, there was one paragraph in that article that seemed quite damning on my initial read. On a re-read I realize it could just be ESPN playing games with the truth (not lying, just misleading). I should have paid more attention to the fact that it was an ESPN article. I thought this paragraph indicated new witnesses and new claims when in fact it could easily just be referring to their initial interviews that eventually led to the investigation.

Before their interviews, current and former employees told ESPN they had prepared extensive notes about allegations they wanted to share, dates of incidents and names of other witnesses to specific accounts. Some provided lists of current and former employees, along with their contact information, who could corroborate certain allegations.

The problem is, until the NBA investigation is complete, we are unlikely to hear much new information about the investigation unless another news organization like The Athletic steps up.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who did the releasing? If it was the Suns, then they think there is nothing out there too damning. If the NBA..... Sarver could be screwed.

The Suns are releasing former employees from non-disclosure agreements for the purpose of the NBA investigation.

Of course I don't think the Suns had much choice other than cooperate with the NBA. If they didn't cooperate I'm guessing that would be a violation of their agreement with the NBA.

Another thought, the release may have come collectively from ownership.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t think the nba has the power to release them. Only the contracting parties. So it would have to be the suns. Which is why my initial reaction was the same as your’s, not as bad as our imaginations can likely conjure.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Suns are releasing former employees from non-disclosure agreements for the purpose of the NBA investigation.

Of course I don't think the Suns had much choice other than cooperate with the NBA. If they didn't cooperate I'm guessing that would be a violation of their agreement with the NBA.

Another thought, the release may have come collectively from ownership
That’s an interesting thought.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I havent been keepin up with this to much

So is sarver almost bein forced to sell ownership? Over issues involved

Looks like sarver has a good attitude that pic of him on plane celebratin after lakers in reg season i think was hiliarous

Be intrestin see how this ends

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think the NBA suggested it was in there Suns "best interest" to release former employees.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The problem is, until the NBA investigation is complete, we are unlikely to hear much new information about the investigation unless another news organization like The Athletic steps up.
I can wait. Not in a hurry. Get it right.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns are creating an internal confidential employee hotline.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This guy keeps pushing.

Why would an employee be more likely to complain to a team hotline than to a league hotline? I would think the fear of team repercussions would make them less likely to report to a team hotline. Maybe the employee thinks their complaint is not serious enough to report to the league, but serious enough to ask for it to be solved internally?

This just doesn't make sense to me. I am willing to be enlightened.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This guy keeps pushing.

Why would an employee be more likely to complain to a team hotline than to a league hotline? I would think the fear of team repercussions would make them less likely to report to a team hotline. Maybe the employee thinks their complaint is not serious enough to report to the league, but serious enough to ask for it to be solved internally?

This just doesn't make sense to me. I am willing to be enlightened.

Maybe the answer is contained in the last paragraph in the disclaimer.

Baxter Holmes, ESPN Senior Writer:

Suns employees were made aware of the NBA's hotline in a February 2018 email from team president and CEO Jason Rowley. It was noted in the email that the callers have the option to remain anonymous, but a disclaimer was included: "Note that if you make an anonymous complaint, someone could still guess your identity from the circumstances or other information you provide."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose