Robert Sarver is in Big Trouble (ANNOUNCES SALE PROCESS)

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Maybe the answer is contained in the last paragraph in the disclaimer.

Baxter Holmes, ESPN Senior Writer:

Suns employees were made aware of the NBA's hotline in a February 2018 email from team president and CEO Jason Rowley. It was noted in the email that the callers have the option to remain anonymous, but a disclaimer was included: "Note that if you make an anonymous complaint, someone could still guess your identity from the circumstances or other information you provide."

That disclaimer would apply to any confidential line.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That disclaimer would apply to any confidential line.

Maybe it's implied but not to be written? I didn't find a lot of meat in the article. Maybe they figure two hotlines are better than one.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe the answer is contained in the last paragraph in the disclaimer.

Baxter Holmes, ESPN Senior Writer:

Suns employees were made aware of the NBA's hotline in a February 2018 email from team president and CEO Jason Rowley. It was noted in the email that the callers have the option to remain anonymous, but a disclaimer was included: "Note that if you make an anonymous complaint, someone could still guess your identity from the circumstances or other information you provide."

That is the case with all hotlines, there is no way that is avoidable.

If you are one of a few people present when an incident takes place - by definition your knowledge of the event identifies you as one of the few people.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is the case with all hotlines, there is no way that is avoidable.

If you are one of a few people present when an incident takes place - by definition your knowledge of the event identifies you as one of the few people.

Maybe to a degree. Secrets are hard to keep. Word gets around.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe to a degree. Secrets are hard to keep. Word gets around.
If you are saying the witness tells someone else who then reports it - ultimately that still identifies the original reporter down to a small group - so the person who reports it will still be outing the original witness - which is the only person that truly needs to remain anonymous.

In other words some knowledge is impossible to report while keeping complete anonymity.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
If you are saying the witness tells someone else who then reports it - ultimately that still identifies the original reporter down to a small group - so the person who reports it will still be outing the original witness - which is the only person that truly needs to remain anonymous.

In other words some knowledge is impossible to report while keeping complete anonymity.
Especially when there is maybe only two to three people in a closed office when it happens

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

When you report something you are hoping the perpetrator gets fired, demoted or tranferred or otherwise you wouldn't be smart to report it. In other words you have to have confidence in the process.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When you report something you are hoping the perpetrator gets fired, demoted or tranferred or otherwise you wouldn't be smart to report it. In other words you have to have confidence in the process.
Sam Hinkie quote?

Drop_D

Rookie
Reaction score
This reminds me of Secret by The Pierces.

Side note:
Confidentiality requires a strong culture. As well as maintaining tight protocols that include internal controls.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still not seeing the relationship to what I was talking about but that's fine.
The last line of your post was "In other words you have to have confidence in the process". Hinkie popularized "the process" in the NBA. I just think it was a light-hearted reference.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last line of your post was "In other words you have to have confidence in the process". Hinkie popularized "the process" in the NBA. I just think it was a light-hearted reference.

I didn't take it as anything else. Just wanted to make sure I understood the reference.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was scrolling through Twitter and saw a paid ad for a blog article defending Sarver:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Looks like a fake blog and social media account was set up to look like AZ sports coverage but is instead a thinly veiled attempt at Sarver PR. The site is undeveloped and Sarver-centric...just bizarre in its execution.

I felt the urge to bring it up here since the weird article actually references posters on this site:

"On another social media site, a commenter from Idaho named boisesuns alleged that “it’s pretty obvious espn has some agendas in a lot of areas,” something that has been noted here as well on EyeontheballAZ following Bob Iger (the former CEO of Disney, the parent company who owns ESPN) publicly stating his interest in buying the Phoenix Suns should the opportunity arise.

Such a convenient time, by such a convenient person, to make such a convenient offer.

Another blogger named Ouchie-Z-Clown argued with all those who took Holmes’ “documented evidence” as gospel were essentially fooling themselves since never has “‘documented evidence’” even been released, “and I think it’s fair to say if any existed we’d have likely seen it at this juncture.”

Forum commentor Hoop Head concurred with this position and further argued that “anyone who thinks ESPN’s legal team dotted all i’s and crossed all t’s needs to look at how terribly they managed Jalen Rose’s accusations” after ESPN swept Rose’s malicious and patently false statement that Sarver called Deandre Ayton “a lazy n*****” under the rug with a half-witted apology given by Stephen A. Smith.

On that same site, Covert Rain believes that Holmes subtly manipulated the readers with his use of certain words into believing information that was either un-true or half-truths and the author implied that the events, number of interviews, and nature of said interviews, were far more damning to Sarver than they actually were."

The links on the site (https://eyeontheballaz.com/) all lead to nothing, except the top link that has these articles:

You must be registered for see images attach

False! Rose/ESPN Retract Sarver Accusation
Jan 3, 2022

Cards Deliver in Dallas
Jan 3, 2022

Nash, Kerr, Fitz Talk Suns
Dec 23, 2021

Larry Fitzgerald comments on Robert sarver
Dec 22, 2021
Jan 3, 2022

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was scrolling through Twitter and saw a paid ad for a blog article defending Sarver:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Looks like a fake blog and social media account was set up to look like AZ sports coverage but is instead a thinly veiled attempt at Sarver PR. The site is undeveloped and Sarver-centric...just bizarre in its execution.

I felt the urge to bring it up here since the weird article actually references posters on this site:

"On another social media site, a commenter from Idaho named boisesuns alleged that “it’s pretty obvious espn has some agendas in a lot of areas,” something that has been noted here as well on EyeontheballAZ following Bob Iger (the former CEO of Disney, the parent company who owns ESPN) publicly stating his interest in buying the Phoenix Suns should the opportunity arise.

Such a convenient time, by such a convenient person, to make such a convenient offer.

Another blogger named Ouchie-Z-Clown argued with all those who took Holmes’ “documented evidence” as gospel were essentially fooling themselves since never has “‘documented evidence’” even been released, “and I think it’s fair to say if any existed we’d have likely seen it at this juncture.”

Forum commentor Hoop Head concurred with this position and further argued that “anyone who thinks ESPN’s legal team dotted all i’s and crossed all t’s needs to look at how terribly they managed Jalen Rose’s accusations” after ESPN swept Rose’s malicious and patently false statement that Sarver called Deandre Ayton “a lazy n*****” under the rug with a half-witted apology given by Stephen A. Smith.

On that same site, Covert Rain believes that Holmes subtly manipulated the readers with his use of certain words into believing information that was either un-true or half-truths and the author implied that the events, number of interviews, and nature of said interviews, were far more damning to Sarver than they actually were."

The links on the site (https://eyeontheballaz.com/) all lead to nothing, except the top link that has these articles:

False! Rose/ESPN Retract Sarver Accusation
Jan 3, 2022

Cards Deliver in Dallas
Jan 3, 2022

Nash, Kerr, Fitz Talk Suns
Dec 23, 2021

Larry Fitzgerald comments on Robert sarver
Dec 22, 2021
Jan 3, 2022
How come all they quoted were the few Sarver apologists we have on this site?

j/k

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How come all they quoted were the few Sarver apologists we have on this site?

j/k
Because it seems like a weird PR site. They posted two new articles about different things recently...so mayyybe it's someone's poor attempt at earnest AZ sports coverage...but the paid ad was to promote ESPN as slanderers and has a smiling picture of Sarver, followed by images of Suns players in BLM shirts. And the Fitzgerald/Sarver article is ridiculous. So it feels like a poor PR move, which is ethically questionable at best. Figured it was worth bringing to the board's attention, considering posters are being referenced.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because it seems like a weird PR site. They posted two new articles about different things recently...so mayyybe it's someone's poor attempt at earnest AZ sports coverage...but the paid ad was to promote ESPN as slanderers and has a smiling picture of Sarver, followed by images of Suns players in BLM shirts. And the Fitzgerald/Sarver article is ridiculous. So it feels like a poor PR move, which is ethically questionable at best. Figured it was worth bringing to the board's attention, considering posters are being referenced.
Yeah, sorry, I was kind of making a statement/joke. There is a tendency on this site to label anyone that defends Sarver in any way shape or form as a Sarver apologist.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did a couple of searches for quotes in the ASFN search engine and I did not find matches.

Did anyone else do the same and find a match?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did a couple of searches for quotes in the ASFN search engine and I did not find matches.

Did anyone else do the same and find a match?
I didn't do a search but every one of those posts in quotes seemed familiar although the author's summation of certain comments might have been taken out of context.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't do a search but every one of those posts in quotes seemed familiar although the author's summation of certain comments might have been taken out of context.

I simply put a couple quotes and the posters name in the ASFN search engine and nothing matched.

Of course I have no idea if the named posters posted elsewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard