Clippers @ Suns Monday WCF game thread 6-28-2021 - Game 5

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam Johnson needs more minutes. He has been tremendous. That is the one obvious change that needs to be made.

Cam and Craig. Those guys don’t let the ball come to a dead STOP when they get and there’s a run out. They ATTACK. And right now, they’re better defenders than Bridges and Crowder who is in the midst of a “can’t throw it in the ocean” stretch that usually lasts for like six games.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Sometimes Ayton looks like his mind is somewhere else entirely during the game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I expect all the whiners that think the series to be over to be absent from future game threads.

But that’s wishful thinking—you’ll all be back crying about the officiating and that we are a terrible team.
Ah the old youre bad fans post. Awesome. Everyone has turned on each other. Fun!

some people see bad news. Who cares?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Listen I think we this but guys let’s not forget this is an extremely young team

Booker
Ayton
Bridges
Cam Johnson
Cam Payne

All playing big playoff minutes for the first time. They need to learn there going to get everybody’s best shot every night. It was clear from jump they thought the Clippers were going to lay down tonight.

they’ll learn

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cam and Craig. Those guys don’t let the ball come to a dead STOP when they get and there’s a run out. They ATTACK. And right now, they’re better defenders than Bridges and Crowder who is in the midst of a “can’t throw it in the ocean” stretch that usually lasts for like six games.

Watching Craig is rough. Those crazy rebounds where he can’t grab the ball. Dumb fouls. Silly dribbling.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
PG is literally strolling to his spots whereas Booker has to straight up brawl to get to his.

Raindog

Reaction score
The fix is to give Craig, Johnson, Payne and even Carter more minutes... if Bridges, Crowder and CP are looking flat.

Monty needs to shake up the energy factor when the starters come out flat... instead of waiting until late in the second quarter to try anything at all different when things aren't clicking.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Cam Johnson needs more minutes. He has been tremendous. That is the one obvious change that needs to be made.
Agreed. His shot has been on in the series abs he’s been aggressive whereas Bridges has been a deer in the headlights.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
By the way the suns made it to the conference finals and kicked the lakers asses. Who expected that? Be happy!

I’m content.
A Lakers team missing Anthony Davis and a 75% LeBron James.

Screw that they should have beaten them. They should have beaten this Clippers team already. And they should be ready to win a championship.

Content with that means nothing. Win the damn championship. Mavs havent won one since that year where everything came together. This is the Suns year to get it done. Unless Booker really becomes Kobe this might be the best chance to do it.

FINISH

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty needs to shake things up. Take Bridges out of the starting lineup. Start Cam. Spend some damn time figuring out the zone.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Watching Craig is rough. Those crazy rebounds where he can’t grab the ball. Dumb fouls. Silly dribbling.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
he has not played great, but it is mostly because Lou has changed their defense to not give him his elbow jumper.

since that is 70 percent of his normal shots, that is a big problem.
Yea, but I’m not looking to Paul to be our primary scorer. He’s the “Point God,” so he’s gotta find a way to still orchestrate the offense, keep the ball moving and get the ball to Ayton and Booker in rhythm and spots where they can produce.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing that is most striking to me is how we have gone from this fluid offense to playground 1 on 1 basketball for long stretches. They look like they don’t know where they should be and totally confused by the zone three games running.

I have not seen anything like it all season long.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Tough game
Numerous times we showed grit to come right back. Clippers just punched us right back. They had to play outta their mind to get this W. I've also seen us play outta our mind a few times. Let's end them in LA .

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s fair to compare Monty to Pringles but his inability to make adjustments feels familiar. He has had 3 games to figure out this damn zone. Couple that with skimming out two wins we have legit reasons to worry.

Going to call it now. If the Suns don’t win game 6 the Suns are in deep trouble.

lol... really going out on a limb with that call.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol... really going out on a limb with that call.
How so? One of the biggest knocks on Pringles was his inability to make adjustments. That is exactly what we are seeing. To be clear I not making any other comparisons. That’s why I said it wasn’t fair. I can’t think of another glaring example with a coach getting us here.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
During this series, Bridges has been useless on offense and his defense has been average at best. If he and/or Crowder gave us any sort of spark, we’d be running away with this series.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Monty needs to shake things up. Take Bridges out of the starting lineup. Start Cam. Spend some damn time figuring out the zone.
That would involve a plan. Lue had one and stuck with it...even though that zubac injury could have been a blessing for them tonight. Now the ball is in Monty's court. Step up sir.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How so? One of the biggest knocks on Pringles was his inability to make adjustments. That is exactly what we are seeing. To be clear I not making any other comparisons.

My comment about you really going out on a limb was made re: your “if we lose Game 6 points we’re in trouble” comment Captain Obvious.:D

Raindog

Reaction score
How so? One of the biggest knocks on Pringles was his inability to make adjustments. That is exactly what we are seeing. To be clear I not making any other comparisons. That’s why I said it wasn’t fair. I can’t think of another glaring example with a coach getting us here.

I think he was talking more about your prediction of the Suns being in trouble if they lose next game. That's a no brainer.

But for the record, I am inclined to agree with your D'Antoni comparison if Monty chokes this away.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My comment about you really going out on a limb was made re: your “if we lose Game 6 points we’re in trouble” comment Captain Obvious.:D
Ah…makes sense now [emoji23]. I am a few beers in. Well as you can tell a few people are still acting like there isn’t cause for concern. See above. I think that is tunnel vision.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison