Suns @ Clippers Thursday WCF game thread 6-24-2021 - Game 3

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a must-win game for the Clips. We must get out to a big lead early and take the fight out of them. If it is close, it is going to get ugly and someone will get injured.

It is but this is a HUGE game for the Suns. If they win this they crush the Clips mentally. It's like putting your foot on the jugular. If the Suns want to be a champion they can't let opportunities slip. There is no way the Clips are coming back from a 3-0 deficit and winning 4 in a row with this team.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd wear that shirt. It's payback time. This time the refs hopefully won't be rigging the games.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Suns need to approach this as game seven. Full intensity from the tip-off. No screwing around, no taking it easy, no waiting to see what the Clippers do. Just go out there and destroy them in the first quarter.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns need to approach this as game seven. Full intensity from the tip-off. No screwing around, no taking it easy, no waiting to see what the Clippers do. Just go out there and destroy them in the first quarter.

Getting CP3 back makes me confident we still have another gear coming in. Maybe a little rust up front and the team feeling itself out, but as long as we withstand the early storm, I think we pull this out at the end.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don’t think Booker’s nose will be an issue. I haven’t heard anything about it so I assume its not an issue. With CP3 back in the line up our bench can use Cam Payne back to his role. Hopefully our bench can help us stretch the lead more and CP3 can game manage to stop the Clippers from going on their little run every time we started to pull away.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting CP3 back makes me confident we still have another gear coming in. Maybe a little rust up front and the team feeling itself out, but as long as we withstand the early storm, I think we pull this out at the end.

For me it seems like the biggest "gear" missing is the ability to pull away. That has been missing with CP3 out.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I haven’t seen the suns treat a single playoff game in a manner other than this, so no reason to think they’ll do so now with a guaranteed intense Chris Paul returning.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t think Booker’s nose will be an issue. I haven’t heard anything about it so I assume its not an issue. With CP3 back in the line up our bench can use Cam Payne back to his role. Hopefully our bench can help us stretch the lead more and CP3 can game manage to stop the Clippers from going on their little run every time we started to pull away.
I guarantee it’s an issue if it’s broken. You just can’t have an uncomfortable sensation in the middle of your face and not have it be a distraction.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I haven’t seen the suns treat a single playoff game in a manner other than this, so no reason to think they’ll do so now with a guaranteed intense Chris Paul returning.
They are a remarkably well-disciplined team, mentally and in execution, for being so young. You rarely see them get rattled. Even when things get a little testy they still seem under control.

That's coaching.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I want the Bucks. The Hawks are younger and deeper. The Suns have been winning by wearing down the other team's star player. That will be easier with the Bucks than the Hawks.

This thread is bad karma though. If we go up 3-0 or 3-1 its ok.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guarantee it’s an issue if it’s broken. You just can’t have an uncomfortable sensation in the middle of your face and not have it be a distraction.

I don't know about that. The same game would be the biggest impact. If anything in this game his worry would be about getting it hit again. If anything that will be the biggest impact. Guys play with pain banged up all season long.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't know about that. The same game would be the biggest impact. If anything in this game his worry would be about getting it hit again. If anything that will be the biggest impact. Guys play with pain banged up all season long.
And it definitely DID affect him same game in terms of shooting and passing. And I’m going to assume you’ve never broken your nose by your comments. Your face swells. Not just the nose. Usually around your eyes as well. And even if it’s just your nose, that swelling can be seen with your peripheral vision and it throws it off some. Not to mention your ability to breath normally. This isn’t sore ribs, or bruise.

I’ll bet if you look at player stats that wore a mask you’ll see a drop as well.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And it definitely DID affect him same game in terms of shooting and passing. And I’m going to assume you’ve never broken your nose by your comments. Your face swells. Not just the nose. Usually around your eyes as well. And even if it’s just your nose, that swelling can be seen with your peripheral vision and it throws it off some. Not to mention your ability to breath normally. This isn’t sore ribs, or bruise.

I’ll bet if you look at player stats that wore a mask you’ll see a drop as well.

Fractured nose. Played an entire season with a fractured arm as well. No doubt there will be pain but these guys play through pain all the time and I have seen other guys with broken noses play. I see his biggest issue is drives to the basket and being afraid to get it hit. Then again he made a huge shot after the nose and then set a huge pick with someone way bigger than him too. I guess we shall see. We will know by 1st quarter because it's definitely possible.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
FIL knows the company who printed these and snagged one for me. They are printing ones with DBook’s broken nose now.

You must be registered for see images attach
They should make a side to side version.

Superbone

Reaction score
for the life of me, I don’t know why someone would wear a shirt celebrating a moment in Suns history where our best player got knocked out of a crucial game where we lost HCA. I mean, why not another shirt with Steve Nash on the ground and Shorty standing over him post hip check?

now, a Booker broken face pic I get. He came back and was instrumental in getting the W, but when I saw someone wearing that shirt above at Game 2, I was flabbergasted.
How about a then and now. I like now better.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Rip Hamilton had to go mask near the 2004 Finals against the Lakers I believe. Then he scorched the Lakers all series. Hopefully we continue to be like that team.

Superbone

Reaction score
According to FLEX, Book's nose isn't broken:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Rip Hamilton had to go mask near the 2004 Finals against the Lakers I believe. Then he scorched the Lakers all series. Hopefully we continue to be like that team.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Didn't he then decide to keep wearing it after he was all healed up?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Fractured nose. Played an entire season with a fractured arm as well. No doubt there will be pain but these guys play through pain all the time and I have seen other guys with broken noses play. I see his biggest issue is drives to the basket and being afraid to get it hit. Then again he made a huge shot after the nose and then set a huge pick with someone way bigger than him too. I guess we shall see. We will know by 1st quarter because it's definitely possible.
Not sure what the arm has to do with anything. I’m not even talking about the pain. That’s a tolerance thing. His vision and breathing will most likely be impacted. I hope it’s a nothing but it’s highly unlikely that we see a top end book game tonight.