Cardinals : AJ green signed

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We could of had Marvin Jones for the same price.

I have been a koolaider from the beginning but is there any room left on the dark side bus. I ready to come aboard.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Just to be sure someone doesn’t lose the chance to claim I’m yelling the sky is falling: this looks stupid. But par for the keim.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's ok. Keim thinks it's 2016 and he is signing good players

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
AJ Green did have a better rating last year than any WR not named Deandre Hopkins last year..... but still

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he hits the incentives to take it to 8 from 6 it’s a good signing I’m guessing...

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Takes balls to end the title of this thread with an exclamation mark...unless intended as sarcasm.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm ok with it. I don't think Green is cooked.

At the very least we will get a WR worth $6m and 500-600 yards. But plenty of upside there too for that contract to over perform.

The obvious downside is injury with Green so need to see the G's.

Doesn't bode well for Larry being back. Although I was already pretty sure he was retiring (when did he ever leave it this late to announce a return?)

Edit

The downside is 1 year deals can't be structured so the whole $6m hits this years cap.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
This has to be a joke. I don't understand this move, AJ Green seems like a great guy and at one time was a great WR but this seems like a move for a team that is a Super Bowl contender and needs another vet to solidify a position group not for a team that should be trying to become a playoff contender.

Still waiting on that interior OL and CBs that we so desperately still need.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
AJ Green did have a better rating last year than any WR not named Deandre Hopkins last year..... but still

That's because our receivers are hot garbage! We're desperate for a #2 WR, and there were plenty of attractive options out there. AJ Green went from oft injured to ineffective last year. The Bengals tried to consistently feed him, and he was one of the worst targets in the NFL!

To spend up to 8M on him, when guys like Marvin Jones go for 7 is just unconscionable.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has to be a joke. I don't understand this move, AJ Green seems like a great guy and at one time was a great WR but this seems like a move for a team that is a Super Bowl contender and needs another vet to solidify a position group not for a team that should be trying to become a playoff contender.

Still waiting on that interior OL and CBs that we so desperately still need.

6 for green with a chance at 8 based on performance? Don’t see a huge downside.... Def better then paying 10 or 11 for Fitz.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keim is gonna cap this offseason off by drafting a ILB like Zaven Collins or Micah Parsons over a Alijah Vera-Tucker or Teven Jenkins & people 7 months from now will foolishly say it was the right pick like Simmons over Wirfs now.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Consider me happy was a top 10 receiver before injury.

Dhop will have him motivated
agree. You can’t always blame players for what happens in Cincy. Mike Brown will find a way to turn any golden goose into a pile of crap.