Cardinals : AJ green signed

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I’ll take total yard per catch over 11 or under 8? Hmmmm

Average Depth of target was 13.7 yards downfield for Green, 6.0 for Fitzgerald...that probably has more to do with yards per catch than anything else when comparing these 2. Its obvious he was asked to run deeper routes in Cincy than Larry was.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keim is throwing mud at the wall hoping some of it sticks on older guys who are short term fixes if they stay healthy. It's a familiar theme.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
At this cost...... We should have been able to get a team option for a 2nd year. this screams of name over value IMO.

On the other hand...... AJ Green is a HOF level boundary WR. Just like Hop. And Kyler throws to the boundaries better than pretty much every QB.

If he can only stay healthy...... My guess, is this is a meh level move by the end of the season.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
yeah... which you guys all expected to happen by now to sign the Thuney/Lindsleys of the world or a big time...

forget it. If I dare say anything reasonable I’ll just be accused of raging out anyway.

great allocation of cap room!

I think the thought here is that they wont kick the can down the road unless they have to. But I'm sure this is just more rookie level salary cap maneuvers by our front office. We have continuously played checkers on this chess board so ....... whatever. LOL

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At this cost...... We should have been able to get a team option for a 2nd year. this screams of name over value IMO.

On the other hand...... AJ Green is a HOF level boundary WR. Just like Hop. And Kyler throws to the boundaries better than pretty much every QB.

If he can only stay healthy...... My guess, is this is a meh level move by the end of the season.

He was relatively healthy last season and painfully mediocre.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
For who Chris? Also, I’ve seen the above stated for months, with you guys all expecting it to happen by now to sign the Thuney/Lindsleys of the world or a big time...

forget it. If I dare say anything reasonable I’ll just be accused of raging out anyway.

great allocation of cap room. Love the off-season bringing guys back on cheap contracts and developing an AARP MASH unit from outside the team offseason.

You continue to overpay for the Devondre Campbells/ Phillips/Kennards of the world, and you're going to have to deal with the consequences of misallocating resources.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Average Depth of target was 13.7 yards downfield for Green, 6.0 for Fitzgerald...that probably has more to do with yards per catch than anything else when comparing these 2. Its obvious he was asked to run deeper routes in Cincy than Larry was.

Larry is 5 years older and more washed. I guarantee Green has more left in the tank then Fitz.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Mixed about this signing but if he can play like another former disgruntled Bengal we all know it may be a decent move in the end

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Fitz was overpaid for sure but Green averaged 1.8 yards after the catch, Larry averaged 3.4. $6 million seems like a lot more than he is worth at this point in his career (I sincerely hope I am wrong though).
1.8 YAC. This signing looks stupider with each additional stat I see.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This allows Kirk to play the slot where he belongs. They are certainly drafting a rookie as well.
Here is my issue. There is almost zero upside to this signing. If he plays well, he will be a 34 year old WR coming off his best year since 2018 expecting a larger contract. If he doesn't play well we now have both him and Kirk as free agents with only Isabella (maybe) and KJohnson on the roster at WR other than Hop.