Free Agency 2020

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We may be able to get a combo of guys like Hassan Whiteside/Harry Giles, Napier/Reggie Jackson. If roster spots and money are drying up some of these guys may end up in a tough spot.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. He really is the key. If he can keep being good enough on D[\b] and just a little more aggressive and dominant on offense, this team can be really dangerous.

I don't remember a lot of the Phoenix Suns basketball I watched last year, but at said it was my recollection that DA is still a liability and not nearly good enough on D. I do remember thinking that there were times when he made Amare Stoudemire look like Bill Russell IMO. I'm hoping Chris Paul can really help teach DA on both ends of the floor and will ride his butt to get a consistent effort out of him. That consistently strong effort and solid focus have been missing from DA's game from what I can remember.

The stats say Jae Crowder is not that good.Town five

He played well his last 20 regular season games with Miami, but than went back to subpar play in the playoffs.

I am disappointed with this signing.

Millsap and Dario are both superior players by the stats.

It's been quite a while since I've visited the board more than just a casual glance, but I do not recall ever reading another poster as consistently negative as you. Don't get me wrong. The organization has given peopl plenty of justification for complaint. You seem to search for it though.

Why would we lose Dario though? He is restricted and isn't getting anything more than the MLE and that is assuming he even gets that at this rate.
Wasn't there some noise at the end of last season about Saric possibly returning to Europe? Maybe it was around the time when he was traded here last year? Anybody else remember that? I hope it's not right because I would like to see hiim back here.

Yea, I liked Ibaka a lot more, but in life, I try not to make good the enemy of great, so I am happy with Crowder... but man, Ibaka would of been awesome.

I'm pretty sure Ibaka is like 75 years old at this point, isn't he? How did he look in the playoffs?

Joe

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Isn't that a reason where we'd need him more than Saric when we go against teams with power in the post?
We have Smith to grab some minutes at that spot and I trust Saric to take some minutes at the center position as well. Saric is simply a more versatile player than Baynes so if it's one or the other I would rather have the one that can fill more roles on the team.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Ibaka is like 75 years old at this point, isn't he? How did he look in the playoffs?

Joe
There has always been some dispute on if his age is accurate or not, but his official age is 31. I’m not sure about the playoffs specifically, but I know last season he set a career high in points per game and assists per game and had his second highest rebounds per game average in his career. He has had to alter his game since he isn’t as athletic as he was in his younger days, but it is still a darn good signing by the Clippers for the MLE.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was hoping for some news on Dario Sario but after a brief scan of the media I didn't see anything.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Nuggets rescinded their qualifying offer to Torrey Craig, he becomes a UFA. He would be a solid rotation player.

At times it seemed like Craig may even player some power forward forward for the Nuggets. He was a sold role player.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There has always been some dispute on if his age is accurate or not, but his official age is 31. I’m not sure about the playoffs specifically, but I know last season he set a career high in points per game and assists per game and had his second highest rebounds per game average in his career. He has had to alter his game since he isn’t as athletic as he was in his younger days, but it is still a darn good signing by the Clippers for the MLE.

Ibaka is twice the player Crowder is. His PER is 5 points higher, his shooting numbers are far superior, and his defense is better. I am livid we are paying Crowder more than the Clippers are paying Ibaka.

On a positive note, the Crowder signing shows that Sarver is at least willing to spend to try to compete. Unfortunately it also shows that the problem isn't the frugality of Sarver, but rather the incompetence of James Jones.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ibaka is twice the player Crowder is. His PER is 5 points higher, his shooting numbers are far superior, and his defense is better. I am livid we are paying Crowder more than the Clippers are paying Ibaka.

On a positive note, the Crowder signing shows that Sarver is at least willing to spend to try to compete. Unfortunately it also shows that the problem isn't the frugality of Sarver, but rather the incompetence of James Jones.
Ibaka is ring chasing. He may have turned down PHX for all we know thus we moved on to Crowder.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This may be why the Suns didn't get Serge Ibaka.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harry Giles signs with Portland.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Harry Giles signs with Portland.

That would have been a nice get.

Portland is kind of scary now.

Kellen Olsen was saying they should go after Bradley Beal, and offer Mccollum, Simons and 1st rounders. That actually sounds like a really smart move for both teams to me.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would have been a nice get.

Portland is kind of scary now.

Kellen Olsen was saying they should go after Bradley Beal, and offer Mccollum, Simons and 1st rounders. That actually sounds like a really smart move for both teams to me.

Portland is much improved and it started with them trading for Robert Covington although it cost them their 2020 and 2021 first round picks. This might slow them down.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How many roster spots do the Bucks have?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Portland is much improved and it started with them trading for Robert Covington although it cost them their 2020 and 2021 first round picks. This might slow them down.

The two LA teams, Denver and Portland are now light years ahead of us.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score

He was in and out of the rotation for the Hawks last year. Not a great sign, especially given the injuries the Hawks had up front.