Budda Baker getting paid

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
sorry but I think he’s the most overrated player we have. Made some splash/highlight plays but I remember a lot of blown coverages and TE’s having their way with him. And as the previous post pointed out, no interceptions. Would rather see money spent on Hopkins.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
$33.1m in G's

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For anyone that wants to say it's too much here's the market. It was always going to be this way.

Budda Baker, $14.75M
Eddie Jackson, $14.6M
Kevin Byard, $14.1M
Tyrann Mathieu, $14M
Landon Collins, $14M

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seems a bit of an overpay. He’s good, but the best? Not sure. Oh well, it’s the team’s money.

If only NFL contracts worked that way. Hump isn't the 5th best left tackle in the league but his salary is.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The devil will be in the details. Cards control him for the next six years; Keim gets to boast he’s gotten another draft pick to sign a deal.

Lotta money to pay for a box safety who was 32nd in pass success rate last season.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems a bit of an overpay. He’s good, but the best? Not sure. Oh well, it’s the team’s money.

a bit? The guy is a safety I don’t care if he’s a “box safety” or not he’s never had a career interception and is 32 in pass success rate... overrated and now overpaid...

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The devil will be in the details. Cards control him for the next six years; Keim gets to boast he’s gotten another draft pick to sign a deal.

Lotta money to pay for a box safety who was 32nd in pass success rate last season.

Even without the details, it's too much IMO. It was a head scratcher when he was selected to start in the pro bowl game. I guess he used that as a catalyst to get a lucrative deal done.

Don't get me wrong - he's a really good player, but not "highest paid ever at his position" good.

I agree w/ you that much of this is Keim patting himself on the back.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
By the way - this contract extension could look really bad when the cap goes down significantly next season.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even without the details, it's too much IMO. It was a head scratcher when he was selected to start in the pro bowl game. I guess he used that as a catalyst to get a lucrative deal done.

Don't get me wrong - he's a really good player, but not "highest paid ever at his position" good.

I agree w/ you that much of this is Keim patting himself on the back.

He's the highest-paid until the next contract comes up for a quality Safety.

The "market" dictates the price.