With the 8th pick in the NFL Draft......

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cardinals usually give an idea or ideas of what positions they are looking at or will not draft.

My fearless prediction is that the Cardinals will not draft OL with the 8th pick. Resigning DJ DJ Humphries and talking up RT Murray are the indicators.

RT Murray went from liability to decent player last year. I think he can be an average starter who will have his good and bad moments.

PLUS....as an ERFA, he is extremely cheap.

I'd say that WR will be the top of their list and Jeudy and Lamb are the targets. I go with Lamb because of his friendship and connection with Murray and his ability to break tackles and make the acrobatic/contested catch.

I know Jeudy is a master technician, but building that QB/WR connection is a real big deal. Weve seen in the past where that connection is never built between two players and they fizzle out.

Murray to Lamb is the next QB/WR combo. If Butler can become the big physically imposing receiver, the Cardinals can have a killer WR corps with speed and some size.
Kyler & Jeudy could build a connection.

Idk, I just dislike that “chemistry in college” reason as to why choose Lamb. Not like Haskins-McLaurin we’re setting the world on fire in their first year.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ve said before I’ll break my TV if they draft a WR. We need offensive line and defensive front 7 help bad and I do mean bad.

Thomas, Wills, Brown, Simmons, Kinlaw any of those guys I’m good

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I’ve said before I’ll break my TV if they draft a WR. We need offensive line and defensive front 7 help bad and I do mean bad.

Thomas, Wills, Brown, Simmons, Kinlaw any of those guys I’m good

What kind of TV do you have?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Idk, I just dislike that “chemistry in college” reason as to why choose Lamb. Not like Haskins-McLaurin we’re setting the world on fire in their first year.

Could.

I think they are alot closer in ability than you do. I was thinking more about the press argument this morning. There are tons of WRs coming from schools that dont face the press at all that become very good WRs.

That over 10% drop rate for Jeudy last year is alarming. Most of the ones I saw were at big moments when he was about to receive contact.

If he has an over 10% drop rate in the NFL it will be a problem.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cardinals usually give an idea or ideas of what positions they are looking at or will not draft.

My fearless prediction is that the Cardinals will not draft OL with the 8th pick. Resigning DJ DJ Humphries and talking up RT Murray are the indicators.

RT Murray went from liability to decent player last year. I think he can be an average starter who will have his good and bad moments.

I'd say that WR will be the top of their list and Jeudy and Lamb are the targets. I go with Lamb because of his friendship and connection with Murray and his ability to break tackles and make the acrobatic/contested catch.

I know Jeudy is a master technician, but building that QB/WR connection is a real big deal. Weve seen in the past where that connection is never built between two players and they fizzle out.

Murray to Lamb is the next QB/WR combo. If Butler can become the big physically imposing receiver, the Cardinals can have a killer WR corps with speed and some size.

I don't know man. Murray being cheap means he can stick around as a swing tackle and they can draft Wills or Wirfs if they are there.

Are tackle room is weak. Oft injured Hump. Waiver Wire Murray then two very young guys that have 3 snaps between them.

That's just not good enough. That's a recipe for disaster. Say Hump went down in game 3. Ugh.

I still think they take a tackle, it's probably more likely they go with Niang or Prince in round 2 but I wouldn't rule out 8.

You could argue with the depth at WR that it makes much more sense to go tackle at 8 and WR at 40.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

Have we seen this type of connection before...#1 franchise QB and top 10/#1 WR from same college team to same NFL team? Not to mention same/similar offense?

Haven't seen enough of Haskins to say he is a QBOF or the next Rosen. McLaurin is a 3rd rd complimentary WR.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Could.

I think they are alot closer in ability than you do. I was thinking more about the press argument this morning. There are tons of WRs coming from schools that dont face the press at all that become very good WRs.

That over 10% drop rate for Jeudy last year is alarming. Most of the ones I saw were at big moments when he was about to receive contact.

77 catches - 7 drops = 9.09% <-- Still high though.

His percentage in 2018 was much lower IIRC. I'm not overly worried about that.

CeeDee's physicality, grace, and overall desire has won me over.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
77 catches - 7 drops = 9.09% <-- Still high though.

His percentage in 2018 was much lower IIRC. I'm not overly worried about that.

CeeDee's physicality, grace, and overall desire has won me over.

Also

Lamb had 5 drops on 62 receptions. That's 8.06%.

Barely anything between Lamb and Jeudy. Certainly not enough to be raised as an issue.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m watching an interview with Okudah on the NFL Channel. This kid is the real deal. As a technician, one of the best I’ve ever seen. And the kid is extremely bright & well spoken. Probably the best player in the draft. Wow!! The whole package is threw the roof. He also had a shout out to PP21. This kid will be in the NFL for 10+ years. He won’t be there at 8, but if he is, you sprint to the podium.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't know man. Murray being cheap means he can stick around as a swing tackle and they can draft Wills or Wirfs if they are there.

Are tackle room is weak. Oft injured Hump. Waiver Wire Murray then two very young guys that have 3 snaps between them.

That's just not good enough. That's a recipe for disaster. Say Hump went down in game 3. Ugh.

I still think they take a tackle, it's probably more likely they go with Niang or Prince in round 2 but I wouldn't rule out 8.

You could argue with the depth at WR that it makes much more sense to go tackle at 8 and WR at 40.

The problem is that there were numerous instances where Murray was standing around waiting for a receiver to get open. The Cardinals desperately need a receiver who can get open on their own.

You've been the primary one talking about how much better RT Murray played by the end of the year! I'm starting to think the Cardinals see this too and will roll with Murray at RT again.

The question is, how much do they like Miles and Toth? Gaillard?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Could.

Yea, you take a risk on those guys on Day 2 & 3. Not with a top 10 pick.

Jeudy’s drop rate was much lower in 2018. I’m not too worried about it.

I just think contested catching as a main trait has really become overrated.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The problem is that there were numerous instances where Murray was standing around waiting for a receiver to get open. The Cardinals desperately need a receiver who can get open on their own.

You've been the primary one talking about how much better RT Murray played by the end of the year! I'm starting to think the Cardinals see this too and will roll with Murray at RT again.

The question is, how much do they like Miles and Toth? Gaillard?

I'd like to see tape of Murray waiting without pressure for a receiver to get open. I'd be surprised if you could find 5 over the season.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I’m watching an interview with Okudah on the NFL Channel. This kid is the real deal. As a technician, one of the best I’ve ever seen. And the kid is extremely bright & well spoken. Probably the best player in the draft. Wow!! The whole package is threw the roof. He also had a shout out to PP21. This kid will be in the NFL for 10+ years. He won’t be there at 8, but if he is, you sprint to the podium.

Chase Young is better. Should be a 12+ sack per year guy for the next decade. Reminds me a bit of Simeon Rice.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yea, you take a risk on those guys on Day 2 & 3. Not with a top 10 pick.

Jeudy’s drop rate was much lower in 2018. I’m not too worried about it.

I just think contested catching as a main trait has really become overrated.

I would say his YAC and tackle breaking come before contested catch ability.

He's not a jump ball guy only LOL. Those guys pretty much all fail.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
More like moving around because no one was open. Happened often.

Yet a bunch of our guys were at the top of Next Gen Stats average separation rankings.

The reason we played such a short passing game is because by forcing teams to play zone to stop Kyler we could pick off the easy yardage from the DB's sitting off.

Nobody could get open downfield because the O line couldn't give them the time.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chase Young is better. Should be a 12+ sack per year guy for the next decade. Reminds me a bit of Simeon Rice.

Maybe Young is better, but he did disappear down the stretch. IMO, Simeon was a mental midget, and we passed on a HOF O-Lineman when we drafted him. There’s nothing about drafting Simeon Rice that conjures up positive vibes.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This crop is actually much better. Looking at it with the knowledge we have now, the Cardinals should have passed on Isabella.
The crop is better. Just wish we had less holes to worry about.

I really hope Isabella and Butler can get it going next season.

I think I'm ready to move Lamb above Jeudy..... And man...... I love me some Jeudy.

I just see more fire from CeeDee. Talent wise, they both are great...... Now I need to know who "want's it" more. That seems like CeeDee to me.

My new top picks:

Young - Wont be there
Okudah - Wont be there
Simmons - No-brainer to me.
Lamb
OT - Wont rank until I see them move at the combine.
Jeudy - May move above the OT's
Only way Lamb/Jeudy moves above OTs for me is if they address OL in FA.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Denzel Mims from Baylor could be the steal of the 2nd round WR

Although I kind of lean towards Center in the 2nd round.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe Young is better, but he did disappear down the stretch. IMO, Simeon was a mental midget, and we passed on a HOF O-Lineman when we drafted him. There’s nothing about drafting Simeon Rice that conjures up positive vibes.

Well, the following from Simeon creates a positive vibe for me:

Sacks: 122.0
Pass deflections: 35
Forced fumbles: 25
Tackles: 475

BIGDADDY_REDBIRD

Registered
Reaction score

Don't know if this has been said already:

I believe drafting Cee Dee Lamb is in essence bringing him into an offense he's already playing in. Kliff changed all his terminology to fit what Kyler did in OKlahoma with Lincoln Riley. Lamb walks in the building knowing the offense. Accelerates the rookie learning curve. I want Derek Brown @ 8. If he's off the board, I'm fine with Lamb. He & Kyler would be Special!

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Most mocks have 3 QB's selected before we pick at #8.

Is Cee Dee the 5th best player at a position of need?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Not drafting OL because of Justin Murray is like not drafting DL because of Zach Allen. It seems like something a stupid team would do. Of course we still have the FA period to upgrade which will give us more of an idea come the draft.