OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gina Mizell‏Verified account @ginamizell

More Ayton: "That's the best team (in the NBA). We flew all the way over here to compete, not to get in foul trouble. They gotta ease up a little bit on the whistle...We’re talking fouls after the ball was already through the hoop. It just messed up the whole game." #Suns

2:14 PM - 2 Feb 2020

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

More Ayton: "You don’t get the best out your players, that aggression and that physicality. Because in the back of our head, 'Oh, we got one or two fouls that the ref might call if I even turn it up a notch.'" #Suns

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

For some context, Ayton defended Giannis quite a bit in a #Suns win over Milwaukee last March -- and quite good. "I love that battle...if you have the MVP, and you know a guy can compete. It was 1-on-1 last year...the fouls really changed up our defense."

2:17 PM - 2 Feb 2020

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Ayton 10 for 27 and Oubre 5 for 20... I didn't see the game, but I don't know how both guys shoot that badly. Were they just chucking or what?

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Oubre needs to get his head out of his a$$ and pass the ball when he drives it into 3 defenders. Watching him ball hog at all times is ridiculous.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oubre needs to get his head out of his a$$ and pass the ball when he drives it into 3 defenders. Watching him ball hog at all times is ridiculous.

This is something I thought about some when Bridges was moved into the starting lineup. Now there is no one breathing down Oubre's neck and forcing him to play smarter, better basketball to keep his starting job.

I hope that's not what's really going on but I have a bad feeling it could be.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton 10 for 27 and Oubre 5 for 20... I didn't see the game, but I don't know how both guys shoot that badly. Were they just chucking or what?

Also of the starters, Bridges 2-9 and Okobo 1-4.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is something I thought about some when Bridges was moved into the starting lineup. Now there is no one breathing down Oubre's neck and forcing him to play smarter, better basketball to keep his starting job.

I hope that's not what's really going on but I have a bad feeling it could be.

I'm not excusing Oubre for off games but somebody needs to score besides Booker and Ayton.

Bridges needs to take advantage of his opportunity to start.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not excusing Oubre for off games but somebody needs to score besides Booker and Ayton.

Bridges needs to take advantage of his opportunity to start.

I agree. I just think Oubre's free to make more bad decisions with Mikal next to him than he was when Mikal was behind him, not just on the depth chart but in games as well. Oubre seems to gamble more defensively when Bridges is there. Offensively it seems like Oubre thinks shoot more when Mikal is there because Bridges won't call for the ball either.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm guessing Ayton might get fined for these comments about the officiating.

In multiple postgame interview answers, Deandre Ayton repeated that he was not happy with tonight's officiating in a 128-109 loss at Milwaukee. "I just don’t like how these refs called the game tonight…I’m putting it on them." #Suns

Holy crap **** and shoot better than 10-27, play poor defense and shoot no FTs. THEN bitch. Freaking soft serve baby

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. I just think Oubre's free to make more bad decisions with Mikal next to him than he was when Mikal was behind him, not just on the depth chart but in games as well. Oubre seems to gamble more defensively when Bridges is there. Offensively it seems like Oubre thinks shoot more when Mikal is there because Bridges won't call for the ball either.

Suns need more players that can play.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Okobo sucks. Our offense sucks when he’s in the game.

I wanted to see Lecque handle the ball but they stuck him in the corner. There’s no scouting report on him, with his quickness I think he could have made some plays here and there and surprised them. He left Korver in his tracks on that drive and dish.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton may have played like crap but I'm glad he spoke out about the refs. I'm sure he knows a fine is coming, probably another drug test too, but he still said his piece. That shows he cares some and is much better than his typical attempts to be a comedian with the press to give them a good soundbyte.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ayton may have played like crap but I'm glad he spoke out about the refs. I'm sure he knows a fine is coming, probably another drug test too, but he still said his piece. That shows he cares some and is much better than his typical attempts to be a comedian with the press to give them a good soundbyte.
Not me. Find your voice once you find your game. Otherwise ****.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Eddies right, Ayton doesn't play with enough bad intentions in the paint. Not nearly enough.

I’m so tired of Ayton’s soft act. His complaining about the refs is laughable. How can he watch Giannis attack the basket with ferocity while Ayton continues to lay soft layups around the rim. Wake up!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Okobo sucks. Our offense sucks when he’s in the game.

I wanted to see Lecque handle the ball but they stuck him in the corner. There’s no scouting report on him, with his quickness I think he could have made some plays here and there and surprised them. He left Korver in his tracks on that drive and dish.
That was a definite mismatch. Korver has NO lateral movement left on defense. Someone on the Suns should have scouted that.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score

I’m so tired of Ayton’s soft act. His complaining about the refs is laughable. How can he watch Giannis attack the basket with ferocity while Ayton continues to lay soft layups around the rim. Wake up!
What's frustrating is that he's showed it (aggressiveness) already. But it's pick and choose right now. You can't play that way. On offense especially. Go after missed shots above the rim! Don't bring it down to be stripped.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
We've seen him aggressive and getting results. He neees time. A lot of pressure on a kind 21 year old kid. With the right coaching he'll be great.

Try to limit the Ayton bashing to twice a day. It's not all doom and gloom. We're still a crap team, marginally less crappy than last year. We can still make some leaps after the break.

Go Suns. Sarver sell.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We've seen him aggressive and getting results. He neees time. A lot of pressure on a kind 21 year old kid. With the right coaching he'll be great.

Try to limit the Ayton bashing to twice a day. It's not all doom and gloom. We're still a crap team, marginally less crappy than last year. We can still make some leaps after the break.

Go Suns. Sarver sell.

I don't understand why it takes time for a player to attack the basket instead of taking jumpers. I can understand the attacks not working, but not the lack of an attempt. Isn't it as simple as not shooting a jumper and moving towards the basket?

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
It's a matter of building confidence. Getting positive results. A friend of mine was great but he was more tentative and less assertive on the top level, while another teammate zipped around like it was nothing and he was not that talented. People are different. I'm pulling for the kid.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's a matter of building confidence. Getting positive results. A friend of mine was great but he was more tentative and less assertive on the top level, while another teammate zipped around like it was nothing and he was not that talented. People are different. I'm pulling for the kid.

For sure, but shouldn't he be declining taking the jumper? It seems to me one isnt going to gain confidence if they do not attempt what they need to gain confidence at.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
A jumper is less imposing than taking it strong to the hole on a grown man stronger and more experienced than he is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn