2019 Free Agency

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man do i disagree with your post. Not everything always sunshine and rainbows. Many knowledgeable fans become realists when things are bad. And newsflash: things have been bad -REALLY BAD- for quite some time. So the realists should be invited to leave? To have their fandom questioned bc they choose to view sports differently than do you? That’s an awfully arrogant position to take. If you don’t want to read it, put them on ignore. It took some time for me to do so but I’ve got at least two posters on ignore. Sometimes some threads are difficult to read but it’s much more enjoyable. So please stop criticizing a mod doing their job and trying to be a thought police in how people should post.

What I'm saying is if I can't question someone's fandom and why they follow the team then I shouldn't have my fandom questioned and asked why I follow the team. Both lead to the same thing but are on opposite ends of the spectrum.

If I can't question why someone who only complains follows the team or suggest that they find a new hobby then I don't want someone to attack my fandom and question why I choose to follow the team.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man. I don't question your fandom, but I do wonder about your emotional stability. You are just plain angry a lot lately--at least that is how it comes across. It's just not worth it to get that worked up--unless your every day life is just that boring.

I read a gamut of his posts and they are not all even close to "angry". I mean we all want the team to succeed. I never question that about anybody here. However, let's be real. We are one of the most winning franchises in all sports without a title. We have been through it all. Finals trips, getting big name players but always being the bridesmaid and not the bride. Sarver has been an awful owner.

If as a fan you have been waiting all of these years for a title nothing else matters. The end game is to win a title and hang it in our rafters. Fans should call out b.s. Fans should complain with an inferior product is on the floor. They should judge our ownership/FO history and meet current moves with skepticism.

I get it. The optimists around here don't like it when people are not upbeat and praising every move. However, what about the other end of the spectrum? This forum would be full of people running around with unicorns pooping rainbow type attitudes being perfectly content with that status quo. Let's field fun teams every year!!!!

We need both ends of the spectrum on this forum to balance this place out. I appreciate both an optimist and hard skeptic both on the forums from time to time. It keeps me in check.

Any tool coming in here to tell someone to go root for another team can go suck an egg. Now back to the rainbow pooping unicorns.

Last edited:

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
All I said is might as well root for another team...basically suggesting the alternative if the Suns can do no right. It's all good I apologize for the post. I was really negative about Igor for months and finally realized it's because I care so much. End of day we all want this team in the dance again. I'm hoping with these moves it happens.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I read a gamut of his posts and they are not all even close to "angry". I mean we all want the team to succeed. I never question that about anybody here. However, let's be real. We are one of the most winning franchises in all sports without a title. We have been through it all. Finals trips, getting big name players but always being the bridesmaid and not the bride. Sarver has been awful owner.

If as a fan you have been waiting all of these years for a title nothing else matters. The end game is to win a title and hang it in our rafters. Fans should call out b.s. Fans should complain with an inferior product is on the floor. They should judge our ownership/FO history and meet current moves with skepticism.

I get it. The optimists around here don't like it when people are not upbeat and praising every move. However, what about the other end of the spectrum? This forum would be full of people running around with unicorns pooping rainbow type attitudes being perfectly content with that status quo. Let's field fun teams every year!!!!

We need both end of the spectrum on this forum to balance this place out. I appreciate both an optimist and hard skeptic both on the forums from time to time.

I'm fine with both ends of the spectrum. What I took issue with is how one side is being singled out with this "rule". If it's ok for one side to be negative and ask how people can still support this team then it should be fine for the other side to ask why some don't find a new hobby. I would think if only one side were allowed on a fan forum it would be that of the fan asking the negative side why they still follow the team, not the opposite where a fan is forced to defend their fandom.

Ideally there wouldn't be a rule against either. I think we're all adults and can act like such. I do see how either side could step over a line but I don't think that's the case in this particular instance and that's why I spoke up. I'm simply commenting on how the rule was presented and how I think it should cut both ways if it's being enforced now. If someone is given a warning for suggesting someone find a new hobby then I'd like to know why warnings aren't handed out the other way.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey anybody have a running total or know of a site that is keeping track? I really want a total when all is said and done of money teams spent.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I had a funny thought this morning. I envisioned a scenario where Leonard pulls a Barry Sanders and just announces his retirement.

Or announces he's going to quit basketball and try a baseball career.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Man. I don't question your fandom, but I do wonder about your emotional stability. You are just plain angry a lot lately--at least that is how it comes across. It's just not worth it to get that worked up--unless your every day life is just that boring.
Naw just a couple of very specific things set me off. But when they do, they really do. I try to live my life by very high ethical standards. I’m not saying I always make the right decisions but I try to. And I’m not going to say that I’m 100% understanding all the time, but again i try to be. So when I see something that I think falls south of the ethical line . . . particularly when aimed at me and mine or those less fortunate, yeah I get angry.

So those two things that tend to set me off to the greatest degree on these boards tend to be:

1. Someone putting words in my, or someone else’s mouth. And let’s be honest here . . . that’s lying. That’s misrepresenting someone to try to get a leg up in an argument. And it’s bs. Sorry if I won’t stand for that. Now if it proves out that I’m wrong and I did say what someone is claiming I said, I have always owned up to it. My ego is not so inflated that I can’t admit when I’m wrong. I’ve done so numerous times both on the suns and cards board.

And

2. People talking down to other fans like they’re not good fans, or not as worthy fans, or telling someone to find another team, or how to be a fan. I mean, **** here with that stuff. People may question your viewpoint, but they shouldn’t tell you how to be a fan or of whom to be a fan. Imo that’s arrogant and way beyond anyone’s place on this board or in this world. You don’t like what someone’s perspective is? Put ‘em on ignore and go about your business. I mean, for those that want to criticize more realistic fans they need to understand that they are likely just as sick of reading the “everything’s great, nothing to see here,” “the suns can do no wrong” “every move is the best ever” Pollyanna fantasy land stuff. But we don’t tell them to find a new team or leave.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What I'm saying is if I can't question someone's fandom and why they follow the team then I shouldn't have my fandom questioned and asked why I follow the team. Both lead to the same thing but are on opposite ends of the spectrum.

If I can't question why someone who only complains follows the team or suggest that they find a new hobby then I don't want someone to attack my fandom and question why I choose to follow the team.
So your argument is that somehow two wrongs make a right?

I don’t think it should happen in either direction.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So your argument is that somehow two wrongs make a right?

I don’t think it should happen in either direction.

I'm questioning the existence of a rule by presenting the double standard that it allows. I don't think the rule should exist because as I said, we're all adults here and the majority of us can handle talking to each other in a civil manner. I don't believe what SDS said was being less than civil and I took issue with how he was singled out because of a rule that seems to only protect those who choose to look at things from more of a negative or pessimistic point of view rather than from a neutral standing.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm fine with both ends of the spectrum. What I took issue with is how one side is being singled out with this "rule". If it's ok for one side to be negative and ask how people can still support this team then it should be fine for the other side to ask why some don't find a new hobby. I would think if only one side were allowed on a fan forum it would be that of the fan asking the negative side why they still follow the team, not the opposite where a fan is forced to defend their fandom.

Ideally there wouldn't be a rule against either. I think we're all adults and can act like such. I do see how either side could step over a line but I don't think that's the case in this particular instance and that's why I spoke up. I'm simply commenting on how the rule was presented and how I think it should cut both ways if it's being enforced now. If someone is given a warning for suggesting someone find a new hobby then I'd like to know why warnings aren't handed out the other way.
Oooooh are you’re TOTALLY moving the goalposts. I don’t believe anyone said “why do you support the team?” I’ve seen “what makes you believe in this front office?” There’s a mountain of difference. And even if they did ask what you claim they ask . . . they are asking you a question, they aren’t telling you to go somewhere else or not be a fan. And it’s absolutely ridiculous of you to conflate the two. Do you understand the difference? I am asking that question in all seriousness.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm questioning the existence of a rule by presenting the double standard that it allows. I don't think the rule should exist because as I said, we're all adults here and the majority of us can handle talking to each other in a civil manner. I don't believe what SDS said was being less than civil and I took issue with how he was singled out because of a rule that seems to only protect those who choose to look at things from more of a negative or pessimistic point of view rather than from a neutral standing.
Read my next post. I think you’re being disingenuous with the claim that it doesn’t go both ways. I don’t think you could find a single post that has one of the more negative posters telling the rainbow brights to go find another team. Not a single one. If I’m wrong, I’m wrong. But in this instance I REALLY don’t think I am. What you argued previously does not equate. A poster questioning your reasons for supporting a front office is not the same as someone telling you to go root for another team. Not in this world.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Read my next post. I think you’re being disingenuous with the claim that it doesn’t go both ways. I don’t think you could find a single post that has one of the more negative posters telling the rainbow brights to go find another team. Not a single one. If I’m wrong, I’m wrong. But in this instance I REALLY don’t think I am. What you argued previously does not equate. A poster questioning your reasons for supporting a front office is not the same as someone telling you to go root for another team. Not in this world.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oooooh are you’re TOTALLY moving the goalposts. I don’t believe anyone said “why do you support the team?” I’ve seen “what makes you believe in this front office?” There’s a mountain of difference. And even if they did ask what you claim they ask . . . they are asking you a question, they aren’t telling you to go somewhere else or not be a fan. And it’s absolutely ridiculous of you to conflate the two. Do you understand the difference? I am asking that question in all seriousness.

I've explained myself and my position but you've chosen to take it personally but rather than get a response from that is personal, I'm going to walk away from this because you aren't the mod here and I don't need to build a case for you.

I recommend you take a step back also and calm down some because I agree with JC, that it seems like the majority of your posts come from an angry place, more so than usual lately. I don't mean that in a negative way either, even though I'm sure it can be viewed that. I enjoy debating basketball with you and that's part of why I'm choosing to walk away from this now. I don't want to say anything that an apology can't make right. So I guess I'll just to have to throw out the suggestion to agree to disagree for now.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I've explained myself and my position but you've chosen to take it personally but rather than get a response from that is personal, I'm going to walk away from this because you aren't the mod here and I don't need to build a case for you.

I recommend you take a step back also and calm down some because I agree with JC, that it seems like the majority of your posts come from an angry place, more so than usual lately. I don't mean that in a negative way either, even though I'm sure it can be viewed that. I enjoy debating basketball with you and that's part of why I'm choosing to walk away from this now. I don't want to say anything that an apology can't make right. So I guess I'll just to have to throw out the suggestion to agree to disagree for now.
First I’m not taking anything personally. I’m stating my thoughts on the matters at hand. If you’re reading anger into my posts that’s your prerogative, but I’m not angry here. But even if I did take it personally I would think it warranted considering originally I was responding to a post directed . . . at me personally (calling me angry).

And i have to say, I’m chuckling at the hypocrisy of your post. Outta one side of your mouth you say you’re not going to get personal. And then in the very next paragraph you throw out “the majority of your posts come from an angry place” which even given the normal amount of hyperbole on this board, isn’t remotely true and is totally personal. “Majority?” Cmon man.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'd seriously take a chance on Cousins. More and more i think about it I like it.
Would he be our PF or are you moving Ayton to PF? We have to develop Ayton, so I start him. You bring in Cousins, it's going to be more than the vet minimum. You would have to play him. Just don't see how that's going to work. The seemless way is if Cousins comes in off the bench. Would he do that for a non-playoff team?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I think Dudley should immediately start questioning LeBron's practice habits. He seems to be an expert on everything, so he might as well start improving his teammates right away.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't believe Dudley is only 33 and younger than LeBron. I thought for sure he was on the wrong side of 35.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn