2019 Free Agency

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I thought it was San Diego where he just bought a home.

Just checked. Yes. It is San Diego. He bought a home in Rancho Santa Fe in January. That is his hometown, near friends and family.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...13000-square-foot-home-in-southern-california
I saw yesterday that the teams were meating him at his house in LA to pitch him on their teams. Must be nice to have more than one house! Millionaire problems! Oh and someone said he already has a house in Toronto!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kawhi has a home in LA now. That seems to be where he stays when he wasn't in Toronto.

he was raised outside of LA as well. That's pretty much his hometown and off-season home.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Suns are doing just fine....including the draft. All the negative is getting old. If this off-season doesn't have you ready for the season than you might as well root for someone else. Go Suns

Just a reminder we don't condone telling other fans to go "Root for another team" because their opinion is different than yours.

It's not conducive to good conversation to assume one fan is a "better fan" than another.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just a reminder we don't condone telling other fans to go "Root for another team" because their opinion is different than yours.

It's not conducive to good conversation to assume one fan is a "better fan" than another.
Might as well is considered a suggestion right? Not outright telling anyone to not root for the Suns.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I agree with that position but I don't think SDS's post is saying he's a better fan than any other.

It gets old having to defend the team you root for when you're supposed to be amongst fellow fans, especially when there are some posters who do nothing but bash every single move that is made. No one will like all of the moves, that's a given, and that's fine, but there are some who seemingly hate everything and it seems the only joy they get is in putting the team down. After so long it's only reasonable to ask why they watch the team still or suggest they find another hobby because clearly they get no enjoyment from the Suns any longer.

I'm surprised to see a mod step up and quote that rule here in this instance because of how that post came about. I don't see how a fan that is enjoying things, or trying to, asking others who aren't why they still watch deserves a warning when the opposite happens without note quite often. By opposite I mean when a poster questions another's dedication as far as why they still watch the team when they'll only be let down and how they're a homer or an apologist. If either were to cause a mod to step in, like you have here, I would think it would be the latter rather than the former.

This is a Suns forum and as a Suns forum I think it's reasonable that a Suns fan could ask some that post here why they're following the team if they don't enjoy it compared to someone asking posters to defend their allegiance to the team because the team sucks.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Gambo dropped the bomb he doesn't think JJ can be traded. Gambo said one NBA front office guy said he would not take JJ even if he was free. Gambo said all it takes is one team, but he's kind of skeptical after calling all his team sources.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Elamin Elhassen, said JJ is the type of player that a draft pick has to be given to get rid of him.

Elamin said there was a trade offer to the Suns before the draft that included a pick coming BACK to the Suns for TJ. He said Indiana when they answered the phone and the Suns offered TJ and a pick, they thought it was a joke.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Channing Frye says DLO would not have worked with the Suns. At 30 mil, he says they would have had to showcase DLO. It would have put Booker on the back burner. Frye says you bring in players to compliment Booker at this point.

Lot's of basketball on the radio today.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Channing Frye says DLO would not have worked with the Suns. At 30 mil, he says they would have had to showcase DLO. It would have put Booker on the back burner. Frye says you bring in players to compliment Booker at this point.

I call B.S. The guy almost puts up 7 assists per game. Which means despite putting up over 20 last year he likes to pass the ball. He would have worked out just fine complimenting Booker. That back court would have been crazy!

I don't hear anybody saying that DLO won't compliment Curry because he can put up 20 PPG and 7 assists?!?!

I don't buy it for a second.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I call B.S. The guy almost puts up 7 assists per game. Which means despite putting up over 20 last year he likes to pass the ball. He would have worked out just fine complimenting Booker. That back court would have been crazy!

I don't hear anybody saying that DLO won't compliment Curry because he can put up 20 PPG and 7 assists?!?!

I don't buy it for a second.

But he is a wretched defender. That's the primary opposition to bringing him in.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But he is a wretched defender. That's the primary opposition to bringing him in.

and Rubio is a wretched shooter... something someone opposite Booker really needs to bring to take pressure and doubles off him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

they would have "had" to showcase him? Why? The best and smartest FO in the league brought him in and probably aren't thinking we have to back burner Curry. The idea that one of the most dubious FOs somehow is smarter than a team that's gone to 5 straight Finals is odd thinking on Frye's part.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
they would have "had" to showcase him? Why? The best and smartest FO in the league brought him in and probably aren't thinking we have to back burner Curry. The idea that one of the most dubious FOs somehow is smarter than a team that's gone to 5 straight Finals is odd thinking on Frye's part.

That's the part I don't get. Why do you need to "showcase" a player like Dlo? If he came here he would be the second best shooter in the lineup behind Booker. Who else would the Suns showcase in that lineup? There would be enough balls between that back court to get their numbers every single night. They are friends. He would have known what team he was coming to.

Seems like a really dumb comment all the way around.

I think that reasoning ship sailed when we bought in Saric.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
and Rubio is a wretched shooter... something someone opposite Booker really needs to bring to take pressure and doubles off him.

I’ve seen a lot of plays where teams doubled off Rubio. His teammates pass him the ball and he drives to the hoop. He can either finish or distribute. His ball handling, passing and ability to finish help compensate for his poor shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I’ve seen a lot of plays where teams doubled off Rubio. His teammates pass him the ball and he drives to the hoop. He can either finish or distribute. His ball handling, passing and ability to finish help compensate for his poor shooting.

Also, no better lob passer in the game to Gobert! Just imagine if he gets half of those to Ayton? He is going to arguably affect Ayton's game more than Bookers.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I had a funny thought this morning. I envisioned a scenario where Leonard pulls a Barry Sanders and just announces his retirement.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

More than half of his assists are finished at the rim which means teams have a hard time containing him at the top of they key and keeping him out of the paint.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I agree with that position but I don't think SDS's post is saying he's a better fan than any other.

It gets old having to defend the team you root for when you're supposed to be amongst fellow fans, especially when there are some posters who do nothing but bash every single move that is made. No one will like all of the moves, that's a given, and that's fine, but there are some who seemingly hate everything and it seems the only joy they get is in putting the team down. After so long it's only reasonable to ask why they watch the team still or suggest they find another hobby because clearly they get no enjoyment from the Suns any longer.

I'm surprised to see a mod step up and quote that rule here in this instance because of how that post came about. I don't see how a fan that is enjoying things, or trying to, asking others who aren't why they still watch deserves a warning when the opposite happens without note quite often. By opposite I mean when a poster questions another's dedication as far as why they still watch the team when they'll only be let down and how they're a homer or an apologist. If either were to cause a mod to step in, like you have here, I would think it would be the latter rather than the former.

This is a Suns forum and as a Suns forum I think it's reasonable that a Suns fan could ask some that post here why they're following the team if they don't enjoy it compared to someone asking posters to defend their allegiance to the team because the team sucks.
Man do i disagree with your post. Not everything always sunshine and rainbows. Many knowledgeable fans become realists when things are bad. And newsflash: things have been bad -REALLY BAD- for quite some time. So the realists should be invited to leave? To have their fandom questioned bc they choose to view sports differently than do you? That’s an awfully arrogant position to take. If you don’t want to read it, put them on ignore. It took some time for me to do so but I’ve got at least two posters on ignore. Sometimes some threads are difficult to read but it’s much more enjoyable. So please stop criticizing a mod doing their job and trying to be a thought police in how people should post.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man do i disagree with your post. Not everything always sunshine and rainbows. Many knowledgeable fans become realists when things are bad. And newsflash: things have been bad -REALLY BAD- for quite some time. So the realists should be invited to leave? To have their fandom questioned bc they choose to view sports differently than do you? That’s an awfully arrogant position to take. If you don’t want to read it, put them on ignore. It took some time for me to do so but I’ve got at least two posters on ignore. Sometimes some threads are difficult to read but it’s much more enjoyable. So please stop criticizing a mod doing their job and trying to be a thought police in how people should post.
Man. I don't question your fandom, but I do wonder about your emotional stability. You are just plain angry a lot lately--at least that is how it comes across. It's just not worth it to get that worked up--unless your every day life is just that boring.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Funny how we are complaining about the black management team (JJ and Monty) going out and getting white guys to fill the bench. There is some irony in that after the years we had with a pasty white GM named McDonough prioritizing athleticism above everything.

“Athleticism”

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen