2019 Free Agency

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ridiculous...The Sarver era has multiple playoffs and great moments. It's only the last 4 years that it's been a complete disaster. Give the organization credit for it's early success don't crap on it over 4yrs

Are you kidding me right now? Sarver has done nothing but ride on the coattails of a team JC built. Jerry worked in the FO post sale. Maybe you forgot. This team has gone south and hasn’t built anything on the merits of his own decisions.

Get real.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Kelly Oubre back at 15+ Mil? Does he know something?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Wow, their owner promised them Zion, Kyrie, and KD before the draft! Knicks fans are pissed!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ben Simmons has been offered $168 million from the 76ers.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn

Philadelphia has offered a five-year, $168M maximum contract extension to Ben Simmons and the Sixers and agent Rich Paul are expected to work through the details toward an eventual agreement, league sources tell ESPN.

9:59 AM - 2 Jul 2019

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Ben Simmons has been offered $168 million from the 76ers.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn

Philadelphia has offered a five-year, $168M maximum contract extension to Ben Simmons and the Sixers and agent Rich Paul are expected to work through the details toward an eventual agreement, league sources tell ESPN.

9:59 AM - 2 Jul 2019
They are like Golden State and offering up tons of money this off season. It's going to be interesting to see both team's payrolls when the dust settles.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are like Golden State and offering up tons of money this off season. It's going to be interesting to see both team's payrolls when the dust settles.

These teams are running a wide open offense with last minute decision making. It reminds me a bit of a spread option offense in football.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The crazy money being thrown around in the last 24 hours or so. o_O

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm sure Kawhi is listening to this stuff. :p
What is best for the NBA as a whole is for Kawhi to stay in the EC, probably in Toronto. Going to the Knicks might be OK, but he does not make that team a contender. And I just cannot see Kawhi enjoying the NY media.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
What is best for the NBA as a whole is for Kawhi to stay in the EC, probably in Toronto. Going to the Knicks might be OK, but he does not make that team a contender. And I just cannot see Kawhi enjoying the NY media.
I still don't quite understand why he would even entertain going to the Lakers. He just won a championship in Toronto as the #1 and that city worships him. Coming to the Lakers, he's arguably the #3 player on the roster! Why would he do that? He goes to the Clippers and he's still a #1 and in a city he wants to be in.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Kawhi needs to stay in the East for sure namely Toronto. He has had more than enough time to make this decision, like all season.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still don't quite understand why he would even entertain going to the Lakers. He just won a championship in Toronto as the #1 and that city worships him. Coming to the Lakers, he's arguably the #3 player on the roster! Why would he do that? He goes to the Clippers and he's still a #1 and in a city he wants to be in.
I agree. He seems to be a loner. Joining that bunch in LA does not fit. The Clippers make more sense to me. Now, I can see why he might want to be closer to home, but there are other options than LA. His home is San Diego. That is still a 2 hour drive from LA. Not sure if it makes much sense to fly from LA to San Diego. If he wanted to go to the Warriors or Sacramento--those teams could provide air taxi service and he could commute in an hour.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I agree. He seems to be a loner. Joining that bunch in LA does not fit. The Clippers make more sense to me. Now, I can see why he might want to be closer to home, but there are other options than LA. His home is San Diego. That is still a 2 hour drive from LA. Not sure if it makes much sense to fly from LA to San Diego. If he wanted to go to the Warriors or Sacramento--those teams could provide air taxi service and he could commute in an hour.
Kawhi has a home in LA now. That seems to be where he stays when he wasn't in Toronto.