Kyler Murray entering Draft

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Who is in the room when the Cardinals interview the top picks? HC & GM only or position coach as well? What about Bidwill is he present as well?

If the reports of bad interviews are true (and who can say for sure), then I'd have to believe the Cards brass could pick up on it too even if Kingsbury is enamored with him Keim has sat in enough of those interviews to be able to interpret BS you would hope.

Schrager reported that Bidwill flew into Indy for the meeting with Murray.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 25m25 minutes ago
Kyler Murray’s Pro Day at Oklahoma today. But also Pro Day for Buffalo QB Tyree Jackson, who will hold his at the Buffalo Bills facility, which is fitting. Jackson’s arm is as strong, if not stronger, than Bills QB Josh Allen. Many believe he will go higher than expected in draft

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Cards and crew evaluate and think Murray is the best QB for the job I will support them but I will say this and it's not crazy at all... watch when Goff struggled before McVay and Rosen actually showed more promise than him in worst coaching conditions and less talent in my opinion

Will Rosen improve under KK. Sure, that goes without saying. I just don't see as high a ceiling with Rosen as I do with Murray. In the NFL, QB/HC is almost everything. Why settle for less when we can have more? Why shortchange KK? Give him the QB that will run his offense to PEAK perfection. I think that guy is Murray. If we don't draft him, I'm sure we'll regret it.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Will Rosen improve under KK. Sure, that goes without saying. I just don't see as high a ceiling with Rosen as I do with Murray. In the NFL, QB/HC is almost everything. Why settle for less when we can have more? Why shortchange KK? Give him the QB that will run his offense to PEAK perfection. I think that guy is Murray. If we don't draft him, I'm sure we'll regret it.
How do we know what KK’s offense actually looks like the NFL?

You didn’t have to be super fast to run KK’s offense at Tech. Mahomes, Baker, Keenum, & damn sure Webb weren’t anything special as far as speed.

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How do we know what KK’s offense actually looks like the NFL?

You didn’t have to be super fast to run KK’s offense at Tech. Mahomes, Baker, Keenum, & damn sure Webb weren’t anything special as far as speed.

You may be right. If we stay with Rosen, I pray that you are. I just don't see where blazing speed wouldn't enhance his system. Would KK have loved to have Murray at TT? I'm sure he would have. We're not making decisions, so we can only sit back & wait. I feel like I've been watching elusive QB's escape our sacks & burn us for decades. For once, I'd like that guy to be on our sideline.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport speculating that Murray may just throw today.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

There is no evidence to support the contention that Murray would be more apt to run KK's offence, which in fact will be an amalgam of his college concepts and pro approaches brought in by Clements.

KK came in, broke down the Rosen tape, and convinced Bidwill & Keim he could work with him going forward. They then hired Clements who was Rodgers QB coach and O-coordinator.

Not hard to connect these real dots as opposed to media ******** off of a piece of tape before KK had any inkling that he'd be an NFL H-C or that Murray would forego a baseball career.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

After watching that three hour video of his entire season, I don’t agree. I still don’t see why everyone is so enamored with this kid. Sure, he can be a good NFL quarterback. But I still don’t see top-tier, and I still don’t see why we would take him over Rosen except for his running and scrambling ability. And the way he handles himself pre-draft is a huge red flag for me , I don’t even want to draft him.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
After watching that three hour video of his entire season, I don’t agree. I still don’t see why everyone is so enamored with this kid. Sure, he can be a good NFL quarterback. But I still don’t see top-tier, and I still don’t see why we would take him over Rosen except for his running and scrambling ability. And the way he handles himself pre-draft is a huge red flag for me , I don’t even want to draft him.

He is special on tape, but what concerns me is that his play is greatly enhanced by superior players and really good scheme.

In the one game that Murray played against a superior team, he looked very average. Around 50% completion and there were at least 5 passes that were just bad passes because he felt pressure that wasn't there.

He got rattled in the biggest game of his life. It's not hard to see that happening to him in game one of his NFL career because he will face pressure like the Alabama game often.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport speculating that Murray may just throw today.

Pretty chickenshit of him, but guess we'll see if it matters in the end. I'm not convinced he is going Top 5 or Top 10. Could be one of those green room guys that sits around until the 20's. If that's the case, he might as well go play baseball.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Field Yates (@FieldYates)
3/19/19, 12:42 PM
With news the Cardinals are meeting with Kyler Murray today...

Any team acquiring Josh Rosen in a trade would be on the hook for three-years, $6.24M, both in cash paid and total cap hits for a potential starter/valuable backup.

Every team should at least make a call to Arizona.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL)
3/19/19, 12:16 PM
Heisman Trophy winner Kyler Murray is meeting on the Oklahoma campus with Cardinals GM Steve Keim and coach Kliff Kingsbury, according to a league source
First question should be...How would you feel about competing with Brett Hundley, to backup Josh Rosen?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If one has patience, and one wants to make a late round gamble... Ta'amu might be worth a sixth round pick opposed to Grier who seems to me to lack arm strength

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Some more Murray stuff:

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Safid Deen (@Safid_Deen)
4/4/19, 12:07 PM
Former Dolphins exec Mike Tannenbaum believes Kyler Murray is the third best QB in the draft behind Dwayne Haskins and Drew Lock, because of his size despite his elusiveness and playmaking ability.