Cards meeting today (3/19) in OK with Murray

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The anti-Murray crowd are throwing lots of ridiculous arguments.

There are legitimate ones and those arguments are undermined by the ridiculous ones.

Small sample size.
Lack of film in adverse situations.
Poor competition defensively

Hey Krang, two things. His height and recently added weight are fair concerns IMO.

Murray could go back to baseball in 4 years if things aren't to his liking in the NFL and he would surrender little to none of the signing bonus and the Cards would be put in a big hole. One has to know if Murray LOVES fb because he may think the long hours and hits are worth it.

Baseball contracts are crazy high and plenty of shorter athletes can play in MLB.

Third thing, I'm with you that if KK wants him and SK is good with that then we should draft Murray, but as you have pointed out there are concerns, pretty much like with every draftee.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
He would have to give back a good chunk of his signing bonus if he left. Its guaranteed, but not for leaving the sport.
I’m not saying he’s going to go to baseball after 2 years of struggling, although that’s possible. I’m saying after his rookie contract is up or he’s released like in year 4. He wouldn’t have to rerun a dime.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Eh, actually if I’m trying to analyze two guys the dude that shuts down his season is the dude I’m more concerned about than the guy who skips a few skills-related workouts. You know, that whole valuing what you can see on the field verses in the underwear olympics that most football guys espouse unless it’s trying to denigrate Murray.

Murray only has a season under his belt but at least it was a full and highly decorated season. There’s almost no negatives from his season. Bosa has more than one season but it’s widely recognized that he played less than a full amount in any season due to the talent pool at his position at OSU, he shut down his last season after injury and he never had more than 8 sacks in a season. So it’s a TON of conjecture that he’s this “safe” deluxe pass rusher everyone is making him out to be.
Bosa’s injury was a season ending injury. It’s not like it was a 3 week injury and he shut it down.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Eh, actually if I’m trying to analyze two guys the dude that shuts down his season is the dude I’m more concerned about than the guy who skips a few skills-related workouts. You know, that whole valuing what you can see on the field verses in the underwear olympics that most football guys espouse unless it’s trying to denigrate Murray.

Murray only has a season under his belt but at least it was a full and highly decorated season. There’s almost no negatives from his season. Bosa has more than one season but it’s widely recognized that he played less than a full amount in any season due to the talent pool at his position at OSU, he shut down his last season after injury and he never had more than 8 sacks in a season. So it’s a TON of conjecture that he’s this “safe” deluxe pass rusher everyone is making him out to be.

Yeah, I'm not thrilled with either one of there choices. IIRC Bosa was going to miss most of the regular season anyway and if he came back he probably wouldn't be 100% so he decided to get his self completely healthy. If that's the case then I give him a pass.

Murray's refusal to participate in all the drills at the combine and his pro day raises a red flag for me, what's he afraid of or is he simply above it all in his mind.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Murray could go back to baseball in 4 years if things aren't to his liking in the NFL and he would surrender little to none of the signing bonus and the Cards would be put in a big hole. One has to know if Murray LOVES fb because he may think the long hours and hits are worth it.
The hole would be even bigger if things aren't going well and Murray is still on our books. I'd rather see him leaving for baseball than sucking for us. Or even worse, Murray showing flashes so that you still pay him after his rookie contract is up, like Miami payed Tannehill or the Jags payed Bortles. If Jameis Winston doesn't completely crap the bed, he will get paid as well despite his average to below average play so far. All this will do is keep the Bucs in mediocrity at best for years, and no shot at a real franchise QB.

All you need is to hit on a franchise QB. Murray playing bad or just average and leaving for baseball? On to the next! The chance of Murray leaving for baseball if he turns out good in the NFL is neglectable.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Thanks for the "info", but I know I've read 185 lbs so maybe that was bad info that I inadvertently passed along but it was not an attempt at hypebole.
185 is what MaxPreps has him at during his senior year of HS. That might be where it started at. No worries bro

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Murray's refusal to participate in all the drills at the combine and his pro day raises a red flag for me, what's he afraid of or is he simply above it all in his mind.

Maybe does not want to hurt himself. Deshaun Watson had a season-ending knee injury running around in practice when nobody touched him.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Maybe does not want to hurt himself. Deshaun Watson had a season-ending knee injury running around in practice when nobody touched him.
Especially when he already knows that he's most likely end up being the 1st overall pick.

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not thrilled with either one of there choices. IIRC Bosa was going to miss most of the regular season anyway and if he came back he probably wouldn't be 100% so he decided to get his self completely healthy. If that's the case then I give him a pass.

I hope he doesn't have a "Johnny Football " attitude

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Rumors have it the 49ers will take Murray and trade Garrapolo.......not true but shouldn’t they? I mean it’s kyler Murray!
Absolutely. Murray is a perfect fit for Shanahan and would finally be something for the 9ers fan base to get excited about. They drafted what 4 or 5 DL with the 1st round picks they recently had, with every single one of them either being a bust or not living up to expectations. Their fan base would riot if they draft Quinnen Williams. Bosa is an edge rusher, but still DL and just after they signed Dee Ford to big money. Since they got their new stadium there was really nothing to get excited about as a 9er fan. They couldn't even land the 1st overall pick during all those abysmal years. Garopolo can be had for cheap right now, and would be interesting for any QB needy franchise. Injury discount, some starter experience/pedigree and still not too old to possibly be a long-term solution.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Btw the Murray to 49ers rumors can only help us.

If we ultimately take Murray, it's a moot point.

But if we are looking to maximize the value of the 1st overall pick, this is the perfect scenario.

What's better than just acting like we are very interested into Murray with the #1 pick? The 49ers at #2 having serious interest in Murray!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Btw the Murray to 49ers rumors can only help us.

If we ultimately take Murray, it's a moot point.

But if we are looking to maximize the value of the 1st overall pick, this is the perfect scenario.

What's better than just acting like we are very interested into Murray with the #1 pick? The 49ers at #2 having serious interest in Murray!

What rumors?

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
More insanity. Two SB MVP's and one who probably would have been if his OC called a run play or two at the end of the game.

There is little to no empirical data that says Rosen will become a Matt Ryan level passer at this point in his NFL career.

Furthermore: there is literally zero evidence that Bosa becomes Vonn Miller. I.E. the most dominating speed rusher in the league since LT.

The more fair comparison would probably be a Matt Stafford or Jared Goff level passer combined with a Joey Bosa level rusher. Nick & Joey are almost identical from a speed and power perspective.

Matt Ryan even in his rookie season alone had 3400 yards, a 94 rating, and a positive TD to INT ratio.

Talk about insanity. Peyton Manning has the record for most INT’s by a rookie ever. So according to your logic the Colts should have moved on from him after one year.

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
Talk about insanity. Peyton Manning has the record for most INT’s by a rookie ever. So according to your logic the Colts should have moved on from him after one year.

He also set the record for touchdown passes by a rookie (26) which was tied by Russell Wilson and then broken by Baker Mayfield (27)

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I heard that Murray won`t even use the Golden gate to cross the bay...he will just walk across the water.
Then let’s trade down with Niners for their pick, JG and a third rounder...

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Me after reading last dozen or so posts:

You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard