Cards meeting today (3/19) in OK with Murray

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me? No, I'm 6'3" adult with a fairly healthy outlook on how to behave normally. You must be one of the 6'3" man children here.

Bc midget jokes are hilarious...when I was in middle school? I guess your humor is too sophisticated for me . Sorry.

Agreed. I would imagine there aren't many, if any, #1 overall picks (or 1st round) that are Korean.

Oh, I'm sure he couldn't care less what middle aged dudes on a cardinals forum thinks...I was just pointing out the weird mentality that some people here have.

The dude has no personality...which is a shame bc with his talent he could be insanely marketable. But his personality means nothing when he produces like he does. I don't know that football has ever seen a skill set quite like his? Vick is the closest thing I can think of...but kylers elusiveness is beyond Vick....as is his accuracy. My only complaint regarding Murray is he tends to float the ball over the middle a little bit, which you can't do at that level.

No, I didn't say you were a failure. You are good at talking **** on the internet, like I said.

Dude is a top 10 pick in two sports and middle aged dudes telling him what he should And shouldn't be doing. Not sure how he has done this well so far without you and your wise expert advice .

Consistency is not necessarily a positive. Keep the insults flowing. It will make for great drama... or lighten up and enjoy the experience might work out better.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Created an account due to this thread.

To be upfront- I'm a sooner fan. So my opinion is biased...so take from it what you will.

To start- the midget jokes are kind of pathetic. I'm assuming you guys are adults but Im not sure. Every fanbase has their share of childish adults...but this group appears to have an exceptionally high number. I hope you look back at some point and are embarrassed by your behavior.

As for kyler- while some of you are obsessing over two inches... You ignore what he did with an offensive line that's bigger than what the cards put up. Had fewer balls batted than Haskins. He literally put up the best season of any quarterback in the history of college football. Went 42-0 in 6A highschool football in Texas and is considered the best player in Texas high school football history. He has beyond excelled at every level. He doesn't have bakers arm strength...but he adds another dimension Baker didn't have and that's elite speed and quickness. His elusiveness is beyond anything anyone has seen in football (beyond Vick), which allows him to extend plays.

As for his attitude. Dude is not a talker. Cocky? Probably. He isn't Baker Mayfield in the locker room. From all accounts, he's pretty quiet but he leads on the field. He let's his play talk and I would say he's done that well. There hasn't been a single teammate that has played with that has trashed his attitude or leadership...but dudes on this message board think their opinion has validity based on a 15 second interview clip they saw on the internet.

So keep obsessing over the two inches...and at this point I hope the cards trade out of the position and keep Rosen. Based on what I've read on here today, you guys deserve to keep Jay Cutler Jr (Rosen) and to watch highlights of Murray on another team next year. I took a few screenshots of some of the statements I've read so I can repost them in reflection next year...just as I did for browns fans and Mayfield last year .

Having an opinion and not liking a player is one thing ...but midget jokes and hot takes based on the interviews is another.
Don't bring up his pedigree or his HS accomplishments. I have found that in Kyler's case...... Nothing mattered before now and since we can't predict the future.... he can't be better than Rosen.

p.s. It's also a fools errand to lecture people on a message board. Passive aggressiveness though.... It's a requirement!

Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
There are plenty of athletes that have god given talent that will be drafted high, doesn't mean that I can't question some of their mental make up or decision making.

A red flag for me is he gains 20 lbs and then won't run the 40. How many draftee's. top ten or not refuse to run the 40? Either he is hiding something or thinks he is special, either way I don't like it and I'm guessing decision makers in the NFL have concerns as well.

Plenty of fantastic talents that have flamed out because they don't have the right mental make up. Murray has some red flags based on his decisions during the draft process. He may prove to be the exception to the rule but he may not.

That's a fair concern. He probably added some weight for his combine weigh in. Played around 195 during the season. If he didnt run bc of the added weight, then that is a business decision. If you knew it wasn't going to help you to run after the added weight, then why run? To satisfy curious minds? The only people that matter are the dudes writing the checks. And If they don't care about the 40, then it is what it is.

His attitude if a fair concern . He's a terrible interview. But you have to go off that his teammates and coaches say...and they have been unanimously positive at every level. Dan Patrick interviews really don't mean **** in regards to being a leader or his character.

Why do we still let people exaggerate freely like this? He didn't gain 20lbs. At worst it was 10 to 12. And it was less than 5lbs between combine and pro day. this is the same crap the 5'8"ers were spouting before the combine.

He isn't running because we have all seen him run on tape. He has nothing to gain by running. the dude is already known to be fast and 10lbs isn't changing that. In fact, if it is the right weight, it may make him faster.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Why do we still let people exaggerate freely like this? He didn't gain 20lbs. At worst it was 10 to 12. And it was less than 5lbs between combine and pro day. this is the same crap the 5'8"ers were spouting before the combine.

He isn't running because we have all seen him run on tape. He has nothing to gain by running. the dude is already known to be fast and 10lbs isn't changing that. In fact, if it is the right weight, it may make him faster.

The anti-Murray crowd are throwing lots of ridiculous arguments.

There are legitimate ones and those arguments are undermined by the ridiculous ones.

Small sample size.
Lack of film in adverse situations.
Poor competition defensively

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
I do not want the Cards to draft Murray but if they do I think he will be good and play well.

Just ask yourself would you rather have Russell Wilson or Matt Ryan and Von Miller? That’s the decision.

Personally I want Rosen and Bosa.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Johnny Manziel played pretty well for him.

Manziel is the reason he recruited Kyler and Mahomes. I think Kliff viewed Kyler as a better version of Manziel. Stronger arm, faster legs, none of the druggie baggage off the field.

I remember the first time I saw Mahomes' film when Kliff offered him a scholarship. "He scrambles around like Manziel, but slower. Stronger arm than Manziel." That was my initial impression of him from a glimpse at a couple plays. I had no idea Pat's arm was off the charts strong until he got to Tech and started doing otherworldly stuff on the field. Nobody in our fanbase expected him to do anything besides ride the bench behind Davis Webb and Jarrett Stidham.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Your last paragraph might be some of the silliest logic I’ve ever heard… Based on that logic every person in the country has been seen running on tape and shouldn’t have to run the 40 every single running back we should just know how fast they are wide receivers cornerbacks etc.…

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I do not want the Cards to draft Murray but if they do I think he will be good and play well.

Just ask yourself would you rather have Russell Wilson or Matt Ryan and Von Miller? That’s the decision.

Personally I want Rosen and Bosa.
More insanity. Two SB MVP's and one who probably would have been if his OC called a run play or two at the end of the game.

There is little to no empirical data that says Rosen will become a Matt Ryan level passer at this point in his NFL career.

Furthermore: there is literally zero evidence that Bosa becomes Vonn Miller. I.E. the most dominating speed rusher in the league since LT.

The more fair comparison would probably be a Matt Stafford or Jared Goff level passer combined with a Joey Bosa level rusher. Nick & Joey are almost identical from a speed and power perspective.

Matt Ryan even in his rookie season alone had 3400 yards, a 94 rating, and a positive TD to INT ratio.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Your last paragraph might be some of the silliest logic I’ve ever heard… Based on that logic every person in the country has been seen running on tape and shouldn’t have to run the 40 every single running back we should just know how fast they are wide receivers cornerbacks etc.…
Every GM worth their salt (including ours who was videotaped saying it on the last episode of flight plan) knows that you can't allow yourself to get swayed by men running in spandex. that's not football.

They all say "Watch the tape". In fact, they shout it from the rooftops. What they do wish, is that a prospect will PROVE to them what they saw on tape. Kyler chose not to do that because (I would guess) his tape was so insanely dominating that it would do nothing but hurt him in the process (or maybe even injure him doing it).

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Baker Mayfield got 32 million guaranteed.

If he leaves for baseball he would have to pay a lot back.

The idea of him going back to baseball is devoid of any real logic.
Do you think the "he might go back to baseball" crowd is really implying he's going to cut and run after one season?

The guy taking a few knocks that lead to 2-3 concussions and waking up Monday morning with a broken body, especially if the team isn't playing well, is very easy for the guy to get to year 3-4 and decide that paying back a % of his NFL bonus money for baseball ain't such a bad idea. At #1, this needs to be a guy that stars for us for 10+ years.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Every GM worth their salt (including ours who was videotaped saying it on the last episode of flight plan) knows that you can't allow yourself to get swayed by men running in spandex. that's not football.

They all say "Watch the tape". In fact, they shout it from the rooftops. What they do wish, is that a prospect will PROVE to them what they saw on tape. Kyler chose not to do that because (I would guess) his tape was so insanely dominating that it would do nothing but hurt him in the process (or maybe even injure him doing it).
If every GM worth their salt says this, why do we even have the Combine? Why are guys like Metcalf from Ole Miss earning themselves millions of dollars for dominating in the 40?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
If every GM worth their salt says this, why do we even have the Combine? Why are guys like Metcalf from Ole Miss earning themselves millions of dollars for dominating in the 40?
Because people continue to romanticize a persons measurables. And then impulsiveness clouds your ability to see behind the curtain to look at the fact that DK has a serious injury history (foot & neck) combined with a Bryant Johnson level ability to drop passes.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Because people continue to romanticize a persons measurables. And then impulsiveness clouds your ability to see behind the curtain to look at the fact that DK has a serious injury history (foot & neck) combined with a Bryant Johnson level ability to drop passes.
So they aren't listening to their own advice, by just watching the tape.....hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It is now trending for college FB players to skip bowl games to avoid injury before entering the draft. Bosa gets injured and makes a business decision to get healed up and ready to start his NFL career. Maybe not ideal but not a concern IMO. Then Bosa works out at the combine and does all the drills etc. He is standing on his numbers from the combine and not repeating them at his pro day.

Murray picks and chooses what drills he will participate in and never runs a 40 yd dash and refused to get his height measured at his pro day. This feels like someone trying to hide something or at the least showing a prima dona attitude. Comparing what Bosa has done to Murray in the draft process is unfair and inaccurate.

Bosa gets a B for his actions and Murray gets a C-.
Eh, actually if I’m trying to analyze two guys the dude that shuts down his season is the dude I’m more concerned about than the guy who skips a few skills-related workouts. You know, that whole valuing what you can see on the field verses in the underwear olympics that most football guys espouse unless it’s trying to denigrate Murray.

Murray only has a season under his belt but at least it was a full and highly decorated season. There’s almost no negatives from his season. Bosa has more than one season but it’s widely recognized that he played less than a full amount in any season due to the talent pool at his position at OSU, he shut down his last season after injury and he never had more than 8 sacks in a season. So it’s a TON of conjecture that he’s this “safe” deluxe pass rusher everyone is making him out to be.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
So they aren't listening to their own advice, by just watching the tape.....hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Yep. people are funny that way.

Imagine how many times you were in a bar..... Knew the hot girl was stone cold crazy....... but hit on her anyway.

I would like to think that we drafted Nkemdiche for that exact reason. Or why we wanted Troy Niklas. Or why Al Davis draft Darius Heyward Bey.

the list goes on and on and on. Still doesn't mean they shouldn't hold on tighter to their own advice.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Well I did read he played at 185 and IIRC that's his listed weight and my math says 185 + 20 = 205. Thorough bred race horses have weights added to them to even the playing field, as little as 5 lbs. So if a thousand lb horse can be impacted by as little as 5 lbs...…. I think the same holds true for nascar.

How come Murray gets to pass on running the 40 and pretty much every other player entering the draft runs the 40, is he that special?

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Teams care more about the hits he can endure than the difference between 4.35 and 4.47. You can tell he’s definitely been adding significant bulk.

You must be registered for see images attach

I don't disagree but it screams the question, Why won't he run the 40?????

Even if he runs a 4.6 it wouldn't hurt his stock much or at all, run Rich - I mean Murray, run .

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Well I did read he played at 185 and IIRC that's his listed weight and my math says 185 + 20 = 205. Thorough bred race horses have weights added to them to even the playing field, as little as 5 lbs. So if a thousand lb horse can be impacted by as little as 5 lbs...…. I think the same holds true for nascar.

How come Murray gets to pass on running the 40 and pretty much every other player entering the draft runs the 40, is he that special?
The official Oklahoma page has him at 195. http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=211452796
Sooners fans continue to say he played around 195.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard