Murray to Cards a "done deal"

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plus Bosa is a safer pick or you could trade down a couple of slots probably and get still get a safer player than Murray plus a cache of picks in the process. It makes no sense to take Murray when you have a young and talented QB on roster who got the short end of the stick last year with a coaching staff who had no idea what they were doing and no line and a lack of WRs to throw to. If Kingsbury was hired because he is an offensive genius then he should be able to get Rosen to a Goff /Wentz type level.
We’re all going to need therapy before this is over. If we pass on Murray and he is everything as advertised we are going to kick ourselves for years.if we pass on Bosa and he terrorizes our backfield for 10 years we will be kicking ourselves too.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
We’re all going to need therapy before this is over. If we pass on Murray and he is everything as advertised we are going to kick ourselves for years.if we pass on Bosa and he terrorizes our backfield for 10 years we will be kicking ourselves too.

Or if you take Murray, ditch Rosen, and Rosen turns into a GOAT level QB somewhere else...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you owned an Escalade and a great deal on a Lexus SUV came along you probably would want to sell the Escalade. However, the Lexus SUV is only available today. So you buy the Lexus SUV and you sell the Escalade somewhere down the road. I am warming up to the idea of drafting Murray and keeping Rosen. Dump Glennon.

If the Cardinals like Murray then you draft him. Franchise quarterbacks are hard to find.

However, even if they don't, it's too their advantage to make other teams think they are interested for the possibility of trading down.

I could enjoy the Escalade and Lexus SUV for now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Rosen is only worth a 3rd now, if he loses out to Murray he won't be worth a 5th...lol

I'm not locked into how other teams perceive Rosen but rather finding the right quarterback for the Cardinals. It would be nice not to have to worry about the position for years to come.

If Rosen is only worth a 3rd rounder, this speaks for itself.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
You’re the guy talking about drafting Murray #1 overall and letting him compete with Rosen. So yeah wow.
If he’s only garnering a second or third round pick, the Cards would be bests served keeping both...

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
So fan run site follows the media driven frenzy . I:barf:Don`t buy it CW.

lol... You're right BW52 that, at this point, the mock is worth about as much as the bandwidth it took to produce it. :)

Just thought I would throw it out there to see if it would generate some discussion about picks 2 - 5 or 6.

IF we do take Murray, I sure hope SF screws it up and takes a WR or something silly like that. Or trades out of the pick.

I definitely don't want either of the two defensive studs going there.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Now you have two vehicles but can't afford tabs or insurance for it. Missed your mortgage payment so they sit outside getting hailed on. I've met people like this. Their lives do remind me of this franchise.

So, who will be the better QB, Murray or Rosen? This is not the time to guess. The QB position is too important. Keep both options open until you know. Draft Murray, keep Rosen, figure it out, trade later.

If they are convinced they KNOW before the draft, fine. Pass on Murray or trade Rosen. But they better be 100% sure. I am not sure that is possible without having both of them on the roster playing first.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
lol... You're right BW52 that, at this point, the mock is worth about as much as the bandwidth it took to produce it. :)

Just thought I would throw it out there to see if it would generate some discussion about picks 2 - 5 or 6.

IF we do take Murray, I sure hope SF screws it up and takes a WR or something silly like that. Or trades out of the pick.

I definitely don't want either of the two defensive studs going there.

CW the next 7 weeks are going to be crazy.Everybody quessing/Arguing/etc; it will be nuts on the board.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
CW the next 7 weeks are going to be crazy.Everybody quessing/Arguing/etc; it will be nuts on the board.

you know what helps? A big drink and posters sprinkling a dust of facts now and then in their posts.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To get us out of this perpetual discussion vicious circle -

If Murray was 6-3, would you draft him at #1 and trade Rosen? Why?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think we all have used our opinions over facts at one time or the other.:lol:

Without opinion there is no sports forum. Using facts now and then will keep the discussions mostly civil and stimulating

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If he was 7-6, I would draft him as a center for the Suns and keep Rosen.

Smart aleck comments aside, I would keep both QBs.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

If Murray was 6’3” he’d be a different player... If he had another inch and a half and a little bit wider frame he’d be the unanimous #1 pick. The difference between 5’10” and 6’ is significant. Imagine if Wilson had 2” without sacrificing much mobility... Heck Drew Brees throws from his tiptoes...

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
With the combine over, the jets are starting to cool.....

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
If only Murray had decided to throw or run at the combine, the hype train would be en fuego.
You must be registered for see images

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
If he was 7-6, I would draft him as a center for the Suns and keep Rosen.

Smart aleck comments aside, I would keep both QBs.

But Ayton played great last 2 games? So you gonna draft Murray and trade Ayton now for a 2nd rd pick!!!