Murray to Cards a "done deal"

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
According to draft insider Tony Pauline, Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury has told people at the NFL Combine that Arizona selecting Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray is already a "done deal."
Pauline acknowledges Kingsbury may not have final say on this decision -- GM Steve Keim technically has more power -- but Kingsbury is a quarterbacks coach by trade and should have just as much say regarding that position. Josh Rosen trade rumors are peaking with connections made to the Redskins and Dolphins, among others. Rosen isn't nearly as strong a fit for Kingsbury's Air Raid spread and would fit better in an offense like Jay Gruden's.

Related:
Source: Draft Analyst Blog
Mar 3, 2019, 3:37 PM

from rotoworld

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
According to draft insider Tony Pauline, Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury has told people at the NFL Combine that Arizona selecting Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray is already a "done deal."
Pauline acknowledges Kingsbury may not have final say on this decision -- GM Steve Keim technically has more power -- but Kingsbury is a quarterbacks coach by trade and should have just as much say regarding that position. Josh Rosen trade rumors are peaking with connections made to the Redskins and Dolphins, among others. Rosen isn't nearly as strong a fit for Kingsbury's Air Raid spread and would fit better in an offense like Jay Gruden's.

Related:
Source: Draft Analyst Blog
Mar 3, 2019, 3:37 PM

from rotoworld

No words... just.. no words. they should have sent a poet...

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If true at least we will know Keim will be gone next season if we can't win 6 games. Keim has had a pretty crappy run as GM in the last couple seasons and now add to that hiring the worst staff possible that didn't make it beyond year, spending 3 picks on a QB that didn't make it more than a year, hiring a HC with no NFL coaching or coaching success for that matter and then spending your #1 overall on a QB who doesn't fit the mold of a NFL QB but you get good feelz because he played in a similar offense to said coaches unproven offense.

If this really happens and Cards can't compete Keim is gone and going down as one of the biggest donkeys in modern GM history. The only thing that could add insult to injury is if Rosen tears it up with the Skins and Bosa goes to SF and takes Murray out for the season.

If this really happens I will cross my fingers but I ain't holding my breath that this team will be some juggernaut next year because of KK and Murray.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Tony Pauline has an impeccable rep. I’m sure KK has said this and I can’t picture Keim denying him.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kk probably did say it’s a done deal. But he said it with smile on his face and laughed afterwards. We really are supposed to believe that a coach would be openly telling others their draft intentions. Don’t push send with this smut next time Mr. Pauline unless you are wanting to be the next Skip Bayless.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still skeptical as hell. But, if you really buy into this you're saying Washington has to trade up, and then there's a deal in place. So the Cards take Bosa at #1, and IF Murray is still on the board when Washington's new and improved pick comes up, then Rosen for the pick happens. If Murray goes before the pick, then the deal is off the Cards keep Rosen and Washington uses their new and improved pick to take another QB.

I just don't buy it.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Kk probably did say it’s a done deal. But he said it with smile on his face and laughed afterwards. We really are supposed to believe that a coach would be openly telling others their draft intentions. Don’t push send with this smut next time Mr. Pauline unless you are wanting to be the next Skip Bayless.

Knowing how secretive Kliff was at Tech (he gave media the Belichick treatment), I would be very surprised if this rumor is true.

Only way I see it being true is if they want Gruden to get desperate for a move to #1 so he can get Murray.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
How many freakin' days till the draft?

And what's Rosen supposed to do all this time? Just lay low and avoid the media? I heard he removed everything Cardinals related from his Instagram account. Then I heard he said the account got hacked? What?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way the team is going to let this out. Besides I hope Murray isn't a given considering how fast the stock in Dwayne Haskins is rising right now.

Haskins actually might be the best prototypical QB in the draft. At the very least I hope the Cards are taking a long look.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
And what's Rosen supposed to do all this time? Just lay low and avoid the media? I heard he removed everything Cardinals related from his Instagram account. Then I heard he said the account got hacked? What?
The hacker removed everything except 2 pics not just Cardinals stuff.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
It’s back there. He was hacked

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is planned subterfuge. They are going to sell the sizzle on Murray to the moon before the draft. Then sell to the highest bidder.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard