Murray to Cards a "done deal"

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the combine over, the jets are starting to cool.....

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

What do you know something that actually makes sense

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
To get us out of this perpetual discussion vicious circle -

If Murray was 6-3, would you draft him at #1 and trade Rosen? Why?

Bottom line is they invested 3 picks into Rosen and they face a $8m cap hit if they trade him. There are a ton of great reasons to keep Rosen, regardless of Murray's size.

I am curious to see if they can figure out a way to trade down for extra picks. That seems like a pretty good plan if they can pull it off.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
Bottom line is they invested 3 picks into Rosen and they face a $8m cap hit if they trade him. There are a ton of great reasons to keep Rosen, regardless of Murray's size.

I am curious to see if they can figure out a way to trade down for extra picks. That seems like a pretty good plan if they can pull it off.

I think that is exactly what Keim is looking to do. Its become pretty obvious to me. If no one bites Bosa will be the pick. I think the drop off from Bosa to Williams(possibly better) or Allen may not be as much as some think imo. And if you can get one of them and 1 or 2 more of the top end talent in this draft its a win

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

It makes the most sense to keep Rosen but an extra 4m cap hit by trading him is way down the list of reasons not to. Insignificant factor.

As for the second part I agree. I think we’re trading down with NY and they groom Haskins.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So, who will be the better QB, Murray or Rosen? This is not the time to guess. The QB position is too important. Keep both options open until you know. Draft Murray, keep Rosen, figure it out, trade later.

If they are convinced they KNOW before the draft, fine. Pass on Murray or trade Rosen. But they better be 100% sure. I am not sure that is possible without having both of them on the roster playing first.

To put into perspective, Daniel Jeremiah wrote/said Rosen would be best QB in this draft because really he is the most polished QB of anyone in this year’s draft and arguably last year’s as well despite being the 4th QB taken. Teams looking to trade for him have leverage because he had a bad year under circumstances that were not under his control. Think about it this way, if a team can get him for a second rounder after he cost ARZ a swap of 1st rounders, a 3rd and 5th round pick last year you’re getting a steal even aside from the fact that he makes around $8M the next 3 years so if a guy like Jay Gruden can get a hold of him and do what the coaching juggernaut of Wilks/McCoy/Leftwich could not (wouldn’t take much) then ARZ will be a laughing stock for years if they replace him with a guy who isn’t even the consensus #1 pick and he goes out like he did at Texas A&M.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was wrong. Things have not yet cooled

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

No one tells Gambo or Casserly anything. They both hear voices. Gambo lives to lie to his listeners and do errands for his "pal" Sarver.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It makes the most sense to keep Rosen but an extra 4m cap hit by trading him is way down the list of reasons not to. Insignificant factor.

As for the second part I agree. I think we’re trading down with NY and they groom Haskins.

It’s 8 million not 4

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I just want to get this crap over with. If the Cardinals make the mistake of trading Rosen and drafting Murray so be it, lets just move on...tired of all the speculation, rumors, etc etc

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Leadership? They gleaned that from an interview with him eh? He led his high school team to 3 straight championships.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Leadership? They gleaned that from an interview with him eh? He led his high school team to 3 straight championships.

Yeah then kingsbury knows him very well
He cant be enormered with a guy who lacks those traits

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

I’ll just say that most pro QBs had significant success in high school. Rosen led Bosco to a state championship, so what a pro prospect does in high school has little bearing as to what he’ll do in college.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah then kingsbury knows him very well
He cant be enormered with a guy who lacks those traits

We have one on the Tech roster right now, lol...Jett Duffey, excellent athlete with a strong arm who can't read a defense to save his life and makes bad decisions with the ball.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard