Dolphins vs. Texans

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Probably a jinx on my part but I've been wondering if Osweiler has found the "right" match with Adam Gase? Gase is a Martz protege and Osweiler has been pretty terrible for much of his career but since subbing for the injured Tannehill, he's actually been pretty good.

It'll be interesting to see if Osweiler continues to be productive and if so, have his troubles been more scheme/coaching related than I thought?

ReasonableMan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Probably a jinx on my part but I've been wondering if Osweiler has found the "right" match with Adam Gase? Gase is a Martz protege and Osweiler has been pretty terrible for much of his career but since subbing for the injured Tannehill, he's actually been pretty good.

It'll be interesting to see if Osweiler continues to be productive and if so, have his troubles been more scheme/coaching related than I thought?
See what you did?!

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
What? Did he throw an int?
Yes. Probably should have been PI on the defense but it was a poor throw either way. IMO, he should have thrown it to the guy running deep who looked wide open but he seemed like he predetermined that he was going to throw it to Amendola.

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Gase's offense actually looks like it has potential. Osweiller's just missing throws and making questionable choices. Drake and Gore look good their WR that's back healthy and Amendola should be enough to score some points. Gotta have timing and accuracy at QB and it seems Brock and Ryan are not up to the task.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trubiscuit really went ahead of Mahomes & Watson.

Hilarious.
Trubisky got off to a slower start than the other two, and i would definitely prefer Mahomes, but Trubisky is looking pretty darned good this season without the likes of Tyreek Hill, Deandre Hopkins, or Will Fuller.

...dbs

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Trubisky got off to a slower start than the other two, and i would definitely prefer Mahomes, but Trubisky is looking pretty darned good this season without the likes of Tyreek Hill, Deandre Hopkins, or Will Fuller.

...dbs

Ehh...I don't know about that, he gets some hot streaks, but nothing out-worldly and his lack of consistency is disturbing. I would have drafted him, but not ahead of Mahomes or Watson - not sure how you evaluate him ahead of those two, TBH.

Watson had a track record of elevating his game and Mahomes had a higher ceiling, IMO.

***and NM, I just reread that you would have taken Mahomes***

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
I wasn't watching too closely but Matheiu looked like he was playing well. Around the ball quite a bit.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

...dbs
He had a fantastic game against Tampa(I mean, who didn’t against a Mike Smith-led defense) & good game against Miami. Outside of that, he’s been ordinary at best.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ehh...I don't know about that, he gets some hot streaks, but nothing out-worldly and his lack of consistency is disturbing. I would have drafted him, but not ahead of Mahomes or Watson - not sure how you evaluate him ahead of those two, TBH.

Watson had a track record of elevating his game and Mahomes had a higher ceiling, IMO.

***and NM, I just reread that you would have taken Mahomes***
Well i don't follow college football, so as far as who i would've drafted, all i know comes from what the "experts" and people on this board say leading up to the draft. I remember not being too excited by Trubisky, thinking maybe Mahomes would be great but as a "gunslinger" had some bust potential, and hoping Watson would be available for the Cardinals.

But regardless - i was just responding to DVontel's comment that it's "Hilarious" that Trubisky went before Mahomes and Watson. With 20/20 hindsight i would for sure take both guys ahead of Trubisky - just saying, Trubisky seems to be coming along after a bad start last year. Yep he's been inconsistent - but then, Watson has had some monster games and some clunkers too (e.g. 17-34-176-1-1 vs. NE, 15-25-177-1-2 vs. Buffalo!) and Watson has (had) two superstar WRs. And sure, Watson just threw 5 TDs vs. 0 INTs last night - but Trubisky went 6:0 a few weeks ago! So, he's not looking like chopped liver, so i don't see how it's "Hilarious" that he was taken ahead of Watson - especially given the risk that comes with Watson's greater proclivity to run.

Now Mahomes, on the other hand, is just plain ridiculous, and as much as i'm optimistic about Rosen and glad the Cards got him... boy would i love for them to have traded up for Mahomes last year!

...dave

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He had a fantastic game against Tampa(I mean, who didn’t against a Mike Smith-led defense) & good game against Miami. Outside of that, he’s been ordinary at best.
Yeah, Watson has had some clunkers mixed in with his great games, too. Averaging it all out, Trubisky has a 97 passer rating and Watson 98 for the season.

Personally, i would probably prefer to have Watson and cross my fingers that his style won't lead to a shorter career than Trubisky's. And i had Watson as my #1 rated QB in FFL this season (didn't get him, but took Hopkins in one league and Fuller in BOTH of my leagues. :bang:)

But, your "Hilarious" comment would've looked a lot better around the middle of game 7 last year, when Trubisky looked like dog poo and Watson looked spectacular. Then came the injury. And now Trubisky's looking a lot better now than he did then.

...dave

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
This all day long. I wanted Mahomes bad last year.
But is Mahommes still worth having outside of KC? Seems like more of a perfect storm to me than Mahoomes transforming any offense he shows up in.

I'm more optimistic about the long term future of Rosen than I am of Mahommes. I know it's crazy to say anything against him right now but I'm just not convinced that he isn't just benefiting from all the right planets being in alignment...for now.

Reaction score
But is Mahommes still worth having outside of KC? Seems like more of a perfect storm to me than Mahoomes transforming any offense he shows up in.

I'm more optimistic about the long term future of Rosen than I am of Mahommes. I know it's crazy to say anything against him right now but I'm just not convinced that he isn't just benefiting from all the right planets being in alignment...for now.
I think Mahomes (correct spelling btw) would work in pretty much any system with the exception of McCoy's of course. ;)

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

McNabb would have been reasonably successful in the NFL, but was made very successful because of Reid. Just like Palmer was very good under BA, but ordinary in Oakland. Only so much a QB can transcend...

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
McNabb would have been reasonably successful in the NFL, but was made very successful because of Reid. Just like Palmer was very good under BA, but ordinary in Oakland. Only so much a QB can transcend...
I agree but it's just a weird time in the NFL right now. Can't hit receivers over the middle, can't touch them past the LOS, can't hit the QB high, can't hit the QB low, can't tackle the QB, etc. It all plays right into the strengths of guys like PM and Watson. Perhaps the league stays that way but I get the feeling there's enough of us old coots that can't stand the Arena League type of football that is currently going on that it will have to revert back a little bit. All of these guys who aren't being forced to do all of the things that a QB used to have to do will come crashing back down.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree but it's just a weird time in the NFL right now. Can't hit receivers over the middle, can't touch them past the LOS, can't hit the QB high, can't hit the QB low, can't tackle the QB, etc. It all plays right into the strengths of guys like PM and Watson. Perhaps the league stays that way but I get the feeling there's enough of us old coots that can't stand the Arena League type of football that is currently going on that it will have to revert back a little bit. All of these guys who aren't being forced to do all of the things that a QB used to have to do will come crashing back down.
Like what?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Schlereth had the best observations of Osweiler I’ve heard. He said he’s 6’8” but throws like he’s 5’10”. :lol:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard