Ryan Anderson

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree with Gator and Sir Steph. They traded Ryan for BK because Ryan is slightly more useful. They traded Chriss for Melton because they would rather have a pg prospect than a pf prospect. They have seen enough of Chriss and they think Melton may have some promise. That’s it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's interesting that Chriss' worth was a mid-second round pick.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not even. He was a salary filler they were willing to take in order to dump Anderson's contract.

The Suns did get the rights to a second round pick in the trade though.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is a lot of interest in this young pg. There might be something there.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
What young point guard? Melton? If there was interest in him, Houston would have found a better deal than what they got, no?

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
For Melton AND Ryan Anderson? Anderson’s value is one of the worst in the league.

Knight is not too far behind, though that's irrelevant. The point is that teams were not lining up to go after Melton. Every single team passed on him at least once. Some, including the Suns, more than once. Let's not pretend we are talking about Lillard here.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Knight is not too far behind, though that's irrelevant. The point is that teams were not lining up to go after Melton. Every single team passed on him at least once. Some, including the Suns, more than once. Let's not pretend we are talking about Lillard here.
Who’s pretending that?

And again, the only thing you need to know is 1) Anderson’s contract was massive, and 2) even D”Antoni dodnt want him—and is ok with having Knight.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was an unknown in the draft, but then really turned heads in summer league.

You cannot possibly be arguing that because he was a second rounder he cannot be a good player. The league has many great players who were drafted in the second round for whatever reason.

Its not guarantee of course, but as a prospect, he is really interesting.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
He was an unknown in the draft, but then really turned heads in summer league.

You cannot possibly be arguing that because he was a second rounder he cannot be a good player. The league has many great players who were drafted in the second round for whatever reason.

Its not guarantee of course, but as a prospect, he is really interesting.

That's a little different. You previously said:

There is a lot of interest in this young pg. There might be something there.

That is simply not true. As far as I know there hasn't been any interest in Melton. I am trying to figure out what you are basing the statement that there is a lot of interest in Melton because I have seen zero interest in Melton.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

That is simply not true. As far as I know there hasn't been any interest in Melton. I am trying to figure out what you are basing the statement that there is a lot of interest in Melton because I have seen zero interest in Melton.
I read quite a few articles online of draft people that rated him highly. His family was implicated in taking money related to his basketball playing. Supposedly one article said no GM would take him in the first round, not because of his talent, which some thought might be lottery level, but because of the scandal. Houston got high ratings in after draft polls partially due to the value pick of Melton.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I am trying to get the disconnect here. I did not mean TRADE interest. Is that what you thought I meant? I meant intrigue as as in a potential second round jewel based upon his summer league play. Sorry for the confusion if that was it.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I am trying to get the disconnect here. I did not mean TRADE interest. Is that what you thought I meant? I meant intrigue as as in a potential second round jewel based upon his summer league play. Sorry for the confusion if that was it.

Ah! That makes more sense. Sorry for the confusion- I misunderstood.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm still not convinced about Ryan Anderson on the court, but I must say after watching this interview he seems like a cool guy and a good fit personality-wise with this team:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm still not convinced about Ryan Anderson on the court, but I must say after watching this interview he seems like a cool guy and a good fit personality-wise with this team:

I really am warming to having him on the team. He is a better defender than I thought. He is an aggressive offensive player--a great model for Dragan.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
High hopes and low expectations. That's where I am with Anderson, Okobo, Melton, Bridges, Reed, King and Warren's 3 point shooting.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do think Anderson will help the Suns more than Knight and Chriss. At least Anderson can help spread the court and give Ayton room to work.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do think Anderson will help the Suns more than Knight and Chriss. At least Anderson can help spread the court and give Ayton room to work.
I like the fact that we are building around Booker and Ayton and are willing to make moves to make those two more effective. That is more important than winning a trade. The most important thing about a trade is what your team looks like when it is done. Sometimes you have to lose a trade to get the roster you need.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the fact that we are building around Booker and Ayton and are willing to make moves to make those two more effective. That is more important than winning a trade. The most important thing about a trade is what your team looks like when it is done. Sometimes you have to lose a trade to get the roster you need.

Until shown differently, I'm not thinking the Suns lost the Knight/Chriss trade. I agree, it is all about the finished product not how it looks on paper.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Until shown differently, I'm not thinking the Suns lost the Knight/Chriss trade. I agree, it is all about the finished product not how it looks on paper.
Yeah. Not saying they did, just even IF they did. . .