DCU: Justice League

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Affleck wants out for sure. I doubt they kill him though. This movie losing money will probably lead to several reboots/rethinks in the DC universe. The only sure things right now for DC is WW2 and Aquaman, since it's already in production.

The biggest problem with this movie was it was just so damn BLAND. Literally, just a CGI villain, no one knew and made zero impact. No amazing set-piece that people could talk about like the Airport brawl in Civil War. No big surprises... except how weird Superman's CGI face looked in some of the obvious reshoots where they had to eras his mustache... a hodge-podge look to the movie that veered from real to cartoonish.

It was just so damn MEH. I got home from the movie and The Dark Knight ended up being on and I watched five minutes of it and a scene between Jim Gordon and Ramirez was literally more interesting than anything in this movie save Wonder Woman's first kick-ass scene that we already saw in the previews.

Bingo.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Affleck wants out for sure. I doubt they kill him though. This movie losing money will probably lead to several reboots/rethinks in the DC universe. The only sure things right now for DC is WW2 and Aquaman, since it's already in production.

The biggest problem with this movie was it was just so damn BLAND. Literally, just a CGI villain, no one knew and made zero impact. No amazing set-piece that people could talk about like the Airport brawl in Civil War. No big surprises... except how weird Superman's CGI face looked in some of the obvious reshoots where they had to eras his mustache... a hodge-podge look to the movie that veered from real to cartoonish.

It was just so damn MEH. I got home from the movie and The Dark Knight ended up being on and I watched five minutes of it and a scene between Jim Gordon and Ramirez was literally more interesting than anything in this movie save Wonder Woman's first kick-ass scene that we already saw in the previews.

see I never got "Meh"... I really enjoyed it. Possibly because I was tentative going in and partially expecting a trainwreck like BvS..
The villain was weak,.. but it wasnt about the villain... his only purpose was to help assemble the team.
I noticed supes lip during the movie and was wondering wtf?? they could have done a better job on that I think... and step looked like a talking action figure, lol

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
see I never got "Meh"... I really enjoyed it. Possibly because I was tentative going in and partially expecting a trainwreck like BvS..
The villain was weak,.. but it wasnt about the villain... his only purpose was to help assemble the team.
I noticed supes lip during the movie and was wondering wtf?? they could have done a better job on that I think... and step looked like a talking action figure, lol

See... therein lied the problem for me. It’s like... if you have to get the entire Justice League together, the Villain should be AWESOME/TERRIFYING/FEROCIOUS. Some challenge so great that you needed the best of the best to come together.

When in reality, none of them had to come back together because one character completely took care of the villain by himself... easily.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
See... therein lied the problem for me. It’s like... if you have to get the entire Justice League together, the Villain should be AWESOME/TERRIFYING/FEROCIOUS. Some challenge so great that you needed the best of the best to come together.

When in reality, none of them had to come back together because one character completely took care of the villain by himself... easily.

But that’s always been the rub with Superman, even in the comics . . . sans kryptonite he’s really virtually unstoppable. So if the villain doesn’t know about kryptonite Supes wins. When he was first created it was like someone sat down and said, what’s the most powerful thing I can make : he can fly, hold his breathe under water, has limitless strength, has limitless speed, can shoot lasers from eyes, can freeze things with breath. If they could’ve conceptualized teleportation, telepathy, and telekinesis back then I’m sure they would have given him those powers as well.

Stout

Reaction score
But that’s always been the rub with Superman, even in the comics . . . sans kryptonite he’s really virtually unstoppable. So if the villain doesn’t know about kryptonite Supes wins. When he was first created it was like someone sat down and said, what’s the most powerful thing I can make : he can fly, hold his breathe under water, has limitless strength, has limitless speed, can shoot lasers from eyes, can freeze things with breath. If they could’ve conceptualized teleportation, telepathy, and telekinesis back then I’m sure they would have given him those powers as well.

Actually, no, he wasn't that powerful at creation. He couldn't fly, for instance. "Can leap tall buildings in a single bound" was the truth, like John Carter of Mars.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

Hysterical

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
and he can travel back in time and undo anything that he happens to screw up

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
brings up the debate whether supes flying is a matter of strength or of will.
if he flies by will... he may actually be telekenetic also

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, no, he wasn't that powerful at creation. He couldn't fly, for instance. "Can leap tall buildings in a single bound" was the truth, like John Carter of Mars.

Shut up, dork!:D

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Good, not great. Not as good as Wonder Woman, but definitely better than BvsS and Suicide Squad. Biggest issues were the terrible CGI on Steppenwolf's face and some of the editing was too frenetic to tell what was going on, especially in some of the underwater scenes.

Stout

Reaction score
Good, not great. Not as good as Wonder Woman, but definitely better than BvsS and Suicide Squad. Biggest issues were the terrible CGI on Steppenwolf's face and some of the editing was too frenetic to tell what was going on, especially in some of the underwater scenes.

It's not just not in the same ball park as WW; it's not even the same sport.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not just not in the same ball park as WW; it's not even the same sport.

Agreed.

I’m actually kind of mystified at great WW turned out considering everything else produced by DC since the second half of Man Of Steel.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
I don't understand the critics... JL was just as good/bad as Thor, yet has a significantly lower score. Zach Snyder should not be allowed to direct/write any more big budget films...his story telling leaves a lot to be desired.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Sounds like Henry Cavill has dropped out of playing Superman.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He was good as Superman as was Batfleck. Looks like they both could be gone. Let’s hope the casting director that chose Jesse Eisenberg as Luthor isn’t going to be part of this.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was good as Superman as was Batfleck. Looks like they both could be gone. Let’s hope the casting director that chose Jesse Eisenberg as Luthor isn’t going to be part of this.
This is easily fixed in the next movie. For Batman, at the end of JL, Bruce Wayne was showing signs of age and talked of giving it up so they could cast someone as Dick Grayson shedding his Nightwing attire to become The Dark Knight or even be Nightwing. Replacing Superman might be a tad more problematic. They could bring back Brandon Routh as I thought he played the role well.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This is easily fixed in the next movie. For Batman, at the end of JL, Bruce Wayne was showing signs of age and talked of giving it up so they could cast someone as Dick Grayson shedding his Nightwing attire to become The Dark Knight or even be Nightwing. Replacing Superman might be a tad more problematic. They could bring back Brandon Routh as I thought he played the role well.
there was a scene in JL towards the end where WW mentioned Bruce getting older... I forget the exact words... but bruce stated something and the word Night was prominent then WW followed with a comment in which Wing was prominent.
probably means nothing...I just found it curious the words Night Wing would be used so closely together like that.
I might go find it...just not sure I want to sit through it all again, lol

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

these aren't easy fixes. First this is no established Dick Grayson or Nightwing in this universe and if anything, the previous movies established if there was, he's dead (that bronze statue Batman stared at that the Joker defaced was a Robyn/Nightwing suit in Bats V. Supes). And they sure as hell ain't bringing back Routh, the guy who's only Superman movie was a close to a bomb over a decade ago.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson