2019 Draft Prospects...

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm actually looking forward to drafting in the late lottery/mid 1st round again. Hopefully this team can make that happen. I'd love to see them squeak into the 8th seed but at the same time, I'm not sure getting swept by Golden State will help their development much.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm actually looking forward to drafting in the late lottery/mid 1st round again. Hopefully this team can make that happen. I'd love to see them squeak into the 8th seed but at the same time, I'm not sure getting swept by Golden State will help their development much.

You gotta walk before you can run.

And besides, I kinda doubt Golden State gets the 1 seed. Three time champs don't tend to burn up a bunch of fuel chasing regular season goals.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
next years draft will have updated odds so the chance of moving up is higher even with a lower pick.

The draft class does not look very exciting however.

I expect us to move our picks in an effort to create more capspace and possibly dump Knight and/or Warren.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
next years draft will have updated odds so the chance of moving up is higher even with a lower pick.

The draft class does not look very exciting however.

I expect us to move our picks in an effort to create more capspace and possibly dump Knight and/or Warren.
I think that definitely is a viable option. Hard to see this team adding even more young players. We have officially entered the "fill out the team" portion of the rebuild. And with Ariza, Chandler and Dudley all coming off the books next year, our next oldest veteran is... Troy Daniels? Something will give next summer, that's for sure.

EDIT: Forgot about Knight. LOL

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If everything goes terribly wrong next year we could at least get our PF...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I've been watching this kid dunk for awhile but I've never seen him hit a jump shot

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If everything goes terribly wrong next year we could at least get our PF...

His ability to lift that much bulk that high is so freakish.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think that definitely is a viable option. Hard to see this team adding even more young players. We have officially entered the "fill out the team" portion of the rebuild. And with Ariza, Chandler and Dudley all coming off the books next year, our next oldest veteran is... Troy Daniels? Something will give next summer, that's for sure.

EDIT: Forgot about Knight. LOL
We have Ayton and Booker as stars. We need to establish who the third player of the big three will be. JJ has not proven it yet. Mikal has potential.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
You gotta walk before you can run.

And besides, I kinda doubt Golden State gets the 1 seed. Three time champs don't tend to burn up a bunch of fuel chasing regular season goals.

It's not about getting swept in the first round. It's about playing meaningful games in March and April and fighting for that playoff spot. That's where you start.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He’s getting in shape like Ayton before his freshman season but Zion has had weight issues.
I am interested to see where Coach K plays Williamson. I would assume PF because of his strength & his abilities around the basket but if he’s 6’5 there aren’t a lot of PFs & Cs that short in the NBA. Even if he is a man amongst boys in college unless he develops a perimeter game he may be position less at the next level.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am interested to see where Coach K plays Williamson. I would assume PF because of his strength & his abilities around the basket but if he’s 6’5 there aren’t a lot of PFs & Cs that short in the NBA. Even if he is a man amongst boys in college unless he develops a perimeter game he may be position less at the next level.

He is truly the latest next Barkley. He probably has a better chance than most because he's so athletic but yeah virtually all of his offense is within 5 feet of the basket and mostly dunks, will be very interesting to see how it translates.

The whole top of the draft is interesting IMO. Everyone loves Barrett but like Zion he's not a good shooter, will be very interesting to see if he falls at all, terrific player but if he can't improve his shot it'll limit him in the NBA. I actually think Reddish is a more talented kid he just doesn't play as hard consistently. Nassir Little is shooting up boards now but again not a great shooter, will be interesting to see how he fits in at UNC. I think Romeo Langford is a bit underrated he might wind up top 3.

As a UCLA fan the 3 kids in the draft potentially who most interest me are all Pac 12 guys. Bol Bol of Oregon, Kevin Porter Jr of USC, and Moses Brown of UCLA. Depending on what draft board you look at Bol is either a high lottery pick or a late first rounder, NBA scouts are torn he's not that strong, doesn't play hard, and likes to float and shoot 3's and while he's a terrific shooter they're just not that enamored with a guy that size who won't play in the paint at all. If you like him he's a bigger LaMarcus Aldridge, but many don't like him. Porter IMO is highly underrated, very athletic, terrific on the ball, and while I think Enfield is a horrible coach the one thing he's proven he can do is teach shooting, former NBA shooting coach, and that's a perfect fit for Porter. Brown is a kid who I was highly skeptical of when UCLA signed him but given the offseason workout footage that's out there and his recent play in the UCLA pickup games, it's widely assumed he'll be a 1 and done now and while he's still VERY raw, he looks like he's finally figuring it out. Doesn't consistenly play hard and always lacked lower body strength so he played smaller and got pushed around, he's gotten stronger, looks much more explosive, and suddenly looks like a very intriguing guy. The UCLA fan in me hopes he stays more than 1 year but he might not. It all depends on his defense, nobody is going to draft him for offense so he has to prove he's a good enough rim protector to play him while he learns on offense.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It will all depend upon whether he’s truly a transcendent talent. Some players talent is so unique that it allows them to play outside the typical league norms. Barkley was obviously suck and modern day we can look to Draymond Green. If he’s an unstoppable monster it won’t matter what his height is. That said, of course development of an outside game can’t do anything but vault his value.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Ky Bowman looks to be probably the best college PG right now. Became PG last year and looks to have made a smooth transition. Shooting %s went down from FR year but probably due to becoming more of a focal point on offense and creating for others. Could be option with MIL pick next year.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Zion came in at 280+ and at 6'7 holy crap. No thanks

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Zion came in at 280+ and at 6'7 holy crap. No thanks
Have you seen him move that bulk on the court? He is fast, has great handles, and can fly. It is just amazing to watch.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Have you seen him move that bulk on the court? He is fast, has great handles, and can fly. It is just amazing to watch.

Yeah I seen him play against high school kids and the weight is new. He's not 280 in those clips.

280 puts him as the 3rd heaviest player in the NBA behind Boban and Embiid

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Williamson needs to cut down weight. He may be a freak now but all that weight will eventually start wearing down his knees and back. Larry Johnson whom Williamson is often compared too had his career cut short because of back issues.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Man do i hope he keeps the weight under control. I know they’re just mix tapes, but what he is capable of doing with that mass is just crazy to behold.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How does a kid that heavy dunk from the free throw line? That athleticism at the LeBron level.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
That looks like a legit free throw line dunk. Most really do step past the FT line.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think one foot was partially in the paint.