2019 Draft Prospects...

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ricky Davis! hahaha

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Why am I not that surprised he would do something like that? He had defenders right on his tail also. He was such a showboat. I remember when he took a shot at his own basket to get a rebound for a triple double. They didn't count that rebound for him though. Then the opponent fouled him even though the game only had a few seconds left and the Cav's were up 25.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why am I not that surprised he would do something like that? He had defenders right on his tail also. He was such a showboat. I remember when he took a shot at his own basket to get a rebound for a triple double. They didn't count that rebound for him though. Then the opponent fouled him even though the game only had a few seconds left and the Cav's were up 25.

Yeah. I remember that too. Thanks for posting the clip. I added it to my post right after posting the dunk because that is immediately what I thought of too. That moment really stuck with me for whatever reason.

Ricky Davis would have been a perfect addition to the 2018-2019 Lakers!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I have seen possibly hundreds of "free throw line" dunks. Even the revered Dr J really was over the line, MJ, too! That was really impressive. Especially like most people point out he does almost everything wrong and still blasts it from the free throw line!

I still would take Dr. J's Statue of Liberty Dunk over MJ's gliding almost free throw line dunk, any day! (I would take Michael over the Doctor in a pick up game, though. :) )

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've wanted to see someone take the ball through their legs during a game. I don't think that's been done yet either. I think JR Rider was the first to nail that dunk in a dunk contest but since he did it it's been something you see every year in the contest and by multiple people. That's a good example of how much more flexible and athletic some players are compared to 2 decades ago.

I'm surprised others have not done this besides Ricky Davis. I think it takes a bit of showmanship though.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm surprised others have not done this besides Ricky Davis. I think it takes a bit of showmanship though.

Glancing through Youtube, a lot of people have done it in games...just not NBA games.

Probably because they don't want to end up like Josh Smith.

Back on track, Duke played Ryerson (easy competition, but still) and Barrett and Zion dominated. Jones and Reddish didn't play.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Goaltending doesn't get much better than this.

Williamson and Barrett scored 37 of Duke's 40 points at the half. Barrett ended up with 34.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glancing through Youtube, a lot of people have done it in games...just not NBA games.

Probably because they don't want to end up like Josh Smith.

Back on track, Duke played Ryerson (easy competition, but still) and Barrett and Zion dominated. Jones and Reddish didn't play.

Josh Smith was exactly the type player I was thinking about. :wink2:

I'm surprised other players like Kobe or Zach Lavine haven't tried the between the legs dunk thing.

Barrett and Zion are going to be a handful in the NBA.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Goaltending doesn't get much better than this.

Williamson and Barrett scored 37 of Duke's 40 points at the half. Barrett ended up with 34.

Blocks/goaltends do not get much better than this.

Zion can be a tremendous player with his size and athleticism in the NBA. He will need to keep his weight under control to achieve his maximum potential.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is the closest I could find. He was a foot over the line, but he could have made the FT dunk easily.

Possibly but we've never seen it. He's had some long dunks where's he more than a foot or two over the FT line, and a lot from the dotted-line. I looked too.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Stay away from the stuffed crust pizza, the drugs, and the orthopedic surgeon and this kid can be meteoric. This was his first game out of high school. Remember it, and you can say you saw him back when.

Hope he likes Cleveland.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually what impressed me the most is his quick second leap. There are guys who can jump out of the gym but guys that can make a move, leap from almost a standing position and put his own miss back like that?

DAMN!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Actually what impressed me the most is his quick second leap. There are guys who can jump out of the gym but guys that can make a move, leap from almost a standing position and put his own miss back like that?

DAMN!
Yep. There are people who develop leaping ability and those who seem to have it naturally, the second leap is the tell.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If PHX gets the #1 pick then its a foregone conclusion that Williamson is the pick but if they don't then trading the pick or trading down makes most sense as neither Barrett or Reddish make sense unless PHX is trading Jackson.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gotta wonder if RJ could get Stevie back in the fold in some role.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Zion will be the first player in the draft. He is by far the most marketable player to enter the league in some time. He is going to make an NBA owner a LOT of money.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Gotta wonder if RJ could get Stevie back in the fold in some role.

I think you go this route if you see Point Book as a long term thing. Barrett is a very good shooter and would also be a good secondary facilitator next to Booker. Obviously you take Zion if you have the #1 pick, but with pick 2-3 I would probably take Barrett. Even without Point Book he would be a good pickup due to being a good prospect, but I don't know how good the fit would be otherwise.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think you go this route if you see Point Book as a long term thing. Barrett is a very good shooter and would also be a good secondary facilitator next to Booker. Obviously you take Zion if you have the #1 pick, but with pick 2-3 I would probably take Barrett. Even without Point Book he would be a good pickup due to being a good prospect, but I don't know how good the fit would be otherwise.

I think you are right. Zion has to be the first pick though. I was more neutral on Zion earlier, but after watching him for a month, I must say I am blown away so far.

1. His game is electric. He will be a marketing wonder. He will put a team on the map even if the rest of the team does not play well.
2. He plays efficiently. More efficient than Reddish or Barrett.
3. He is a mismatch. His bulk, athleticism, speed, and low center of gravity will make it nearly impossible for ANY nba player to push him off of his spot. He has leverage that we have not seen in this league since Charles Barkley--he might have more leverage than Barkley.
4. His passing and defensive skills (but not consistency) make him a useful swiss army knife type of player.
5. His rebounding and rim protection would really be helpful for the Suns.

There are aspects of Zion's game that remind me of Barkley, Draymond, and also LeBron. Oh, there are lots of differences I know, but the bulk, speed, combined with explosiveness.

Also, Zion just absolutely loves to play basketball. He goes at it with a huge smile on his face and reckless abandon. His joy is a joy to watch.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you are right. Zion has to be the first pick though. I was more neutral on Zion earlier, but after watching him for a month, I must say I am blown away so far.

1. His game is electric. He will be a marketing wonder. He will put a team on the map even if the rest of the team does not play well.
3. He is a mismatch. His bulk, athleticism, speed, and low center of gravity will make it nearly impossible for ANY nba player to push him off of his spot. He has leverage that we have not seen in this league since Charles Barkley--he might have more leverage than Barkley.
4. His passing and defensive skills (but not consistency) make him a useful swiss army knife type of player.

There are aspects of Zion's game that remind me of Barkley, Draymond, and also LeBron. Oh, there are lots of differences I know, but the bulk, speed, combined with explosiveness.

Also, Zion just absolutely loves to play basketball. He goes at it with a huge smile on his face and reckless abandon. His joy is a joy to watch.

Welcome to Team Zion. Now you're one of us, one of us.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I am on team Zion as well, but both Barrett and Reddish would be very good as well. Barrett would help as a ball handler and another shot creator, while Reddish will likely be a lights out shooter.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Correctlon Barrett is a good SCORER, he's not a good shooter that's actually his weakness. He has a very weird shot, it's gotten better but the mechanics are still not good, 35% from 3 61 from the line and people dare him to shoot 3's.

Reddish IMO is a better long term prospect than Barrett but he doesn't play as hard as the other 2 do and that's the knock on him. Reddish is a much better shooter than Barrett but he takes a ton of bad shots so his overall FG% is lower despite shooting 43% from 3.

What you love about Barrett is his personality, the I'm the best player out here nobody can stop me, what you don't like about him is he still feels that way when he's 4-15 and Zion is killing his man, Barrett has played 29 more minutes than Zion this year and taken 58 more shots, and only made 5 more. It's a pretty open secret right now that one of the big issues Duke might have this year is that Barrett is a bit too ball dominant and it already cost them the Gonzaga game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave