BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use this to get into that territory:

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showpost.php?p=3203635&postcount=114

I would drop the tuning down to D also.

Considered that could be part of it for that song.

I thought about tuning to Eb on the two guitars that have a locking floyd rose on them as once locked, you dont have much range for tuning. I would think by tuning Eb I can tune up to E and down to D without any other adjustments being needed.

Does that work in your experience?

I just got a second cord so plan to finally get to try the pedal too :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
reading on google, no one seems to do that so maybe it wouldnt work. Might just have to make my floyd rose drop D and leave my daughters at E

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never owned a guitar with a Floyd and I have the tremolo on my strat locked down. I'm not the best person for advice on those fancy gizmos the kids are using. :D

I would guess that once you lock the nut (next to the neck tuners) that you only have a little play in the fine tuners (at the bridge). I also am lead to believe that you really need to set the whole tremolo up for a tuning (standard, drop D, etc) and leave it. I don't think they're meant to be adjusted up and down on the fly, but hopefully someone else will chime in with more experience.

You can still practice the tune and eventually get around to messing with drop tuning.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never owned a guitar with a Floyd and I have the tremolo on my strat locked down. I'm not the best person for advice on those fancy gizmos the kids are using. :D

I would guess that once you lock the nut (next to the neck tuners) that you only have a little play in the fine tuners (at the bridge). I also am lead to believe that you really need to set the whole tremolo up for a tuning (standard, drop D, etc) and leave it. I don't think they're meant to be adjusted up and down on the fly, but hopefully someone else will chime in with more experience.

You can still practice the tune and eventually get around to messing with drop tuning.

You can def change the tune a little bit, I was thinking maybe it would let me do half step changes with the floyd rose on but maybe not. I know it cannot do full step changes as I have tried on rocksmith.

In fact, I might have even not been able to do a half step as I think weezer is in eb and I couldnt get down to eb on rocksmith with my floyd rose guitar, only with my fender.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can def change the tune a little bit, I was thinking maybe it would let me do half step changes with the floyd rose on but maybe not. I know it cannot do full step changes as I have tried on rocksmith.

In fact, I might have even not been able to do a half step as I think weezer is in eb and I couldnt get down to eb on rocksmith with my floyd rose guitar, only with my fender.

I think the fine tuners are only meant to help with subtle temp and humidity changes that affect the neck ever so slightly. I would chat with the folks at Guitar Center or someone here before doing anything drastic. Once those trems get out, they can be a pain to get back.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a somewhat different subject, we tried a new singer last night and she's freakin' awesome. Young kid that has classical choir training but has no idea how to play with a band. So we jammed for the first time and we had a great time. All three of our voices sounded fantastic together. We were working on some 3-part harmonies for the first time in my life! Very fun.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a somewhat different subject, we tried a new singer last night and she's freakin' awesome. Young kid that has classical choir training but has no idea how to play with a band. So we jammed for the first time and we had a great time. All three of our voices sounded fantastic together. We were working on some 3-part harmonies for the first time in my life! Very fun.

:raccoon: :rockon:

Reaction score

Cool puck!

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So BRR, have you mastered the full Oasis catalog yet? :rockon:

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So BRR, have you mastered the full Oasis catalog yet? :rockon:

lol nope.

I was playing last night and was like man I have regressed. I need to get back on the wagon and remember all the songs I learned. After the whole tirade a few pages ago about not being a guitar god within 8 months I lost a bit of motivation because yes, I still suck at guitar after all this time due to lack of time.

I do still want to play though and I do still plan on playing more and more. I just haven't got a lot of play time in lately.

if I would stop playing so much Rocket league...

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about Rocksmith?

Need to do that too, haven't touched it in some time. My effort hasn't been there.

IMO I dont like the way rocksmith teaches to play songs, I prefer youtube and tabs to learn the songs. Rocksmith makes it very confusing.

What I do like about rocksmith is the arcade games that teach muscle memory, scales and etc. I need to get back into that too.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I've been performing solo at an acoustic open mic night near my house the last few weeks and I'm starting to relax a little. I had the bar clapping to the beat on In The Midnight Hour last night and I have to say it was a very rewarding and exciting feeling. They usually only let you do three songs, but last night they called me back at the end for two more! Good thing I had been practicing a new set!

It's weird how my heart is kind of pounding when I walk up there and then once I play the first few chords it's over in what feels like two seconds.

Anyway, it's a lot of fun. We should do an Oasis montage together one of these days, BRR. ;)

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I've been performing solo at an acoustic open mic night near my house the last few weeks and I'm starting to relax a little. I had the bar clapping to the beat on In The Midnight Hour last night and I have to say it was a very rewarding and exciting feeling. They usually only let you do three songs, but last night they called me back at the end for two more! Good thing I had been practicing a new set!

It's weird how my heart is kind of pounding when I walk up there and then once I play the first few chords it's over in what feels like two seconds.

Anyway, it's a lot of fun. We should do an Oasis montage together one of these days, BRR. ;)

We can play like 7 different song intros in a montage and then I will stand and bow :)

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is how I visualize BRR

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

:biglaugh:

Interesting fact, the actor playing the guitarist, Stephen Bishop, wrote and sang the Animal House theme song. I love that scene.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then why did I give it to you? It's a $700 guitar. I could have either sold it or given it to someone who would use it. :bang:
Just played some in your honor sir, will do more later with a damn pick lol, all my daughter's are missing since she decided to get fancy nails and can't play her guitars right now. Thanks again.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reign Blood

Tattooed Hundredaire
Reaction score
Guitar playing is fun but in a musical sense sophomoric. Been playing since I've been young and always enjoyed it and my advise is if you really want to learn the instrument take piano and apply it to the fret board. If you start with the guitar it's cool because when you take piano lessons your primary instrument goes to another level. Anyone who has done this knows what I'm talking about.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guitar playing is fun but in a musical sense sophomoric. Been playing since I've been young and always enjoyed it and my advise is if you really want to learn the instrument take piano and apply it to the fret board. If you start with the guitar it's cool because when you take piano lessons your primary instrument goes to another level. Anyone who has done this knows what I'm talking about.

Oh, sure. Maybe you haven't seen this:

You must be registered for see images attach

;)

P.S. I sing and play guitar.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson