The 2015 NFL Draft Thread

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
It's very hard to believe this was our real draft and not some kind of performance art.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
So this draft does absolutely nothing to close the gap with Seattle in the immediate future. Must be stocking up for the Logan Thomas era.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Like they say. Hope like hell he knows what he is doing. I certainly don't get it. Some CB's and Bennett still on the board?

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
Gonna have to add an ilb and cb after the draft. Pretty slim pickings though

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've never been so baffled by a draft as long as I can remember that's for sure. Oh well makes me anticipate July even more in hopes of being wowed, expectations about as low as it gets

Unsterblich856

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's not a far stretch to say that I could've operated a better draft than Steve Keim.

Every year, people that don't do this for a living say that [x] did a terrible job, they should have drafted [x], [x] had a great/terrible draft. And then time proves why they don't do it for a living. Let the picks play before you think you can replace the GM that's been bringing us winning records.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
I think it is safe to say the Cards had many of these picks planned before the draft. I just don't think they reacted to players that fell in the draft.

For whatever reason, it appears Keim switched from the BPA strategy he employed well two years ago in getting us Matheiu, Okafor, and Ellington.

Other than Humpheries, I think every single one of these players could have been picked 1-2 rounds later.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I think it is safe to say the Cards had many of these picks planned before the draft. I just don't think they reacted to players that fell in the draft.

For whatever reason, it appears Keim switched from the BPA strategy he employed well two years ago in getting us Matheiu, Okafor, and Ellington.

Other than Humpheries, I think every single one of these players could have been picked 1-2 rounds later.
200% agree.

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
Every year, people that don't do this for a living say that [x] did a terrible job, they should have drafted [x], [x] had a great/terrible draft. And then time proves why they don't do it for a living. Let the picks play before you think you can replace the GM that's been bringing us winning records.

No, time proves that most GMs have no idea what they're doing either. Look at our past drafts, or any other team's for that matter.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Just shocked that someone that size will play in the NFL as a returner. He could be seriously injured or killed if someone hit him hard enough.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Keim completely ignored key positions in which we're lacking depth, like ILB and CB. There were much better players in those positions every time we picked. Keim forecasting in this draft has been awful. He didn't need to trade up for Gunter. He could've waited on some of these guys with those picks we burned.

He's either going to look like a hero or a moron. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I've never been so baffled by a draft as long as I can remember that's for sure. Oh well makes me anticipate July even more in hopes of being wowed, expectations about as low as it gets

Trading down and drafting Skillet Hands and Calvin Pace was the single strangest move I can remember, but as an entire draft, this is the most bizarre I have seen

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Here is what I will say...

Every year I get super excited by nearly every pick we make and the experts say we had a great draft...only to be disappointed with the players once they put on the pads.

This year, I am definitely disappointed with the players we drafted and the ones we missed but hopeful that we picked some guys that can help us.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

That is because, we have never had to draft for a team that has no glaring needs. Usually we are filling needed holes and picking in the top 5.

Unsterblich856

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No, time proves that most GMs have no idea what they're doing either. Look at our past drafts, or any other team's for that matter.

Yeah, GMs get it wrong too, that much is obvious. I'm saying that fans and commentators can't hold a candle to the average GM though. The worst part is the complete lack of self-awareness, as if the old draft threads on this board aren't a constant reminder why we're all just NFL fans watching the draft. Or why Mel Kiper still feels like he can even talk after there's clip after clip of him being dead wrong (Russell being the next Elway and such).

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Hey, anyone else get the feeling that Keim just left his Yahoo account on auto draft? :D