Brady, Murray, Manning, not Carson

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I can't really argue with it. No one on the Cardinals is MVP worthy. A lot of that is due to potential MVPs getting hurt and missing time. Other factors is it seems its a different player stepping up and making a difference in a game from week to week. The closest player we have that could even sniff an MVP consideration is Foote as he has been the most consistent and when was the last time an ILB won a MVP award?

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The others you mention are having better years.

And the missed time kinda screws him on the MVP part, since we won and all, but if Palmer keeps his picks down and we continue to win I can see him sneaking up on this list. He wasn't even mentioned.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hes only played 5 games and should not be in MVP discussions yet.

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Sissyboy style, who will make their way up the list first? Palmer or Ellington? :D

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The others you mention are having better years.

Yup. I know that Carson threw 3 TDs Sunday, but Ben Roethlisberger has thrown 4 or 5 in each of the last two games.

Andre Ellington has a better case to make than Carson Palmer does as MVP of his own team, much less the league.

The only relevant passing categories that Palmer is even in the Top 10 in are passer rating (10th) and yards per game (T-8th and more than 50 fewer YPG than the leader, Andrew Luck).

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yup. I know that Carson threw 3 TDs Sunday, but Ben Roethlisberger has thrown 4 or 5 in each of the last two games.

Andre Ellington has a better case to make than Carson Palmer does as MVP of his own team, much less the league.

The only relevant passing categories that Palmer is even in the Top 10 in are passer rating (10th) and yards per game (T-8th and more than 50 fewer YPG than the leader, Andrew Luck).

Ben broke the NFL record with 12 tds in 2 games, 6/6. Amazing how well the Steelers offense is clicking.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hes only played 5 games and should not be in MVP discussions yet.

and he's having a good season, but he's not playing out of this world, leading a dominant offense.

we're much more a team that's all about the sum of it's parts over one player.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Last edited:

8ndkorner

Registered
Reaction score
We won two games with Drew Stanton. Including a huge win over our nemesis the Niners. That hurts his MVP chances for sure.

Senior passed the management responsibilities to Junior, who has done a credible job so far. His choices for coaching staff stand out to me as the big reason for the turn around.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Carson is playing well so far but not MVP level. I'm OK with him continuing to play well, the Cards going 14-2 and his not even sniffing the MVP award :)

Go Cards!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OROY and DROY candidates are on this team though in John Brown and Deone.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
if you like squads that play as a team, you have to love this year's Cards

forget MVP: can you even name a all pro player? Calais Campbell is as close as i can come. Bethel or Cantanzaro on special teams. Thats it

think about that. Usually the teams with the best records put 2,3,4 players on all pro first or second teams. The Cards might end up with the best record in the NFC and have no all pro players. Stunning.

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It is said ---- A picture is worth a thousand MVP awards ----- I'm talking about a picture of Carson (com Feb.) hoisting that Big Trophy overhead . MVP Award , give it to one of the aforementioned players , all will be well that ends well !!!!!!

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
We don't have a league MVP on this team and that is a good thing. Teams like Denver, NE and Dallas are toast if Manning, Brady or Murray go down. On the other hand, we've already proven that anyone can step up for us and we can still win.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison