Big Shot Bob strikes again!

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
this is not so much a threat, but i might seriously consider taking a looooong break from this board just b/c i'd rather talk basketball instead of reading garbage like this. and i think most of the better long-term posters will likely be doing the same if this continues to ensue.

I took a few months off for the same reason earlier this year. I'm not sure i'm up for this all summer and next season. We need some resident Grizzlies or some other crappy teams fans that can give unbiased opinions. Spurs fans will defend their boys until they are blue in the face, and so will some Suns fans. I don't think either side will sway the other, but insults and personal attacks will go on for another 20 pages.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
Yeah, cause no one else in the NBA flops or travels. :rolleyes:

Yes other players in the NBA do it. That doesn't make the Spurs LESS of a team of floppers and travelers (I like how you didn't touch the whining accusation...good call...you won't win that debate). Classic tactic, distract the argument by saying "Everyone else does it!"

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
Yes other players in the NBA do it. That doesn't make the Spurs LESS of a team of floppers and travelers (I like how you didn't touch the whining accusation...good call...you won't win that debate). Classic tactic, distract the argument by saying "Everyone else does it!"

Oh yeah, I forgot. No one else whines other than the Spurs. Puh-lease.

Is that better?

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score

That also doesn't also make them more of a team that does.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
The first article I read this morning about the foul said otherwise.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-080516

What national papers are you reading? Perhaps you can pick up ESPN, I am pretty sure it's not a local San Antonio paper.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HUh1kJLrYu8

Did you hear anybody talk about a dirty play there? Wasn't Mark Jackson saying that he has no problem with the play at all? A good playoff play? A winning play? Oh right, I have never met a TV in my life.

Really? The opposing coach said it was dirty? Oh my, then it MUST be dirty, because we all know opposing coaches never ever side with their own teams.

Hold on, I have to go watch replays of Chandler flooring Tony Parker of Game 5, apparently, nobody here ever talks about that being a dirty play, because that happens TO a Spurs player, they deserve it.
THAT'S the article you muster up to prove your point??? What a sad specimen you are.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Chandler flooring Parker huh? Your a freakin moron Parker was running down the court backwards and his TEAMMATES did not warn him and HE ran into Chandler, that should have been a no call, but yet not in Spurs land they gave Chandler the foul. Your just so much of a Spurs homer you can't even see the ridiculous way your team plays, and the Refs let them. So last night very few fouls called, oh what a shock a Spurs home game and they let them play rough and dirty and have the fewest fouls called in a game this series, YEP sounds about right for the SA Sterns!

Yeah with so few fouls called it was just stunning to see them ring up CP3 for 2 fouls and david west for 3 in a space of like 1:30. I thought the refs got religion, decided to call everything, flops and all. But then it calmed down to "no call ville". I am glad I am not a hornets fan, and see no reason to believe anything has changed in the NBA vis a vis consistent officiating. And now home teams are 20-1 in the second round. Damn, never knew home court was so powerful an advantage.

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
if you dont think the Spurs whine..

watch after any call the refs make against the spurs.. i guarantee there is someone complaining..

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
ah.

In related news, Jim Rome is BLASTING Horry, AND spurs fans

"Even the Eagle fans who cheered when Micheal Irvin lay motionless on the field THINK THATS MESSED UP"!!!

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
The goon off the bench takes out another starter.

If the Spurs were to be trusted and admired, they wouldn't have a designated goon.

It's an age-old philosophy, but the honorable teams (yes, I mean among NBA champions) keep away from that type of cheap shot.

West didn't move into a pick. *****-y hit him in the back with both arms.

What do the Spurs have on David Stern for this type of behavior to be condoned?

Does every team in the league have to designate one roster spot to a cheap shot bench-warmer to go after starters?

Last edited:

nowagimp

Reaction score
Ok, so your a soccer fan.. Lemme ask you this.. Do even remember the the showtime era? Even though the lakers are worst in my book, that is the way basketball is supposed to be played.. And in direct effect why people are tuning out the NBA.. Too many crybabies and leg kicks.. Its not what it was, and it sucks now..

Yup, and in the showtime era AC green was a big strong PF. Today, they work out like the gubernator, look like weightlifters and cant shoot. In the showtime days a guy like horry, playing 14 minutes with 5 fouls and zero points would be an awful bench player. That "low skill player" is today part of the championship formula, the thug.

btimsah

My Name Is Robert!
Reaction score
I don't think you Spur apologist's realize the entire situation. This is like O.J. suddenly ending up with another dead girlfriend. It just looks bad.. Horry now has a history of this. Aiming at someones back like that, would not be a problem were it ANY OTHER PLAYER OR TEAM. Rightfully so. The Spurs have earned a certain reputation and don't need idiots defending them. It doesn't matter, the Hornets will win game 7 anyways.

Bigdez22

Registered
Reaction score

:computer:

I hate the spurs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If u dont think that play with west was dirty, go do that in a pick up b-ball game. What do you think will go down?

Thats how I judge it. If that was to ever happen in a pick up game. someone would be knocked out cold. one of the reasons i love hockey,
You can do that crap but your time will come when you have to man up for it.

Horry is a punk, always was a punk, and will always be a punk...I just hope he has to man up for his actions before he goes

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
seriously mods - i understand, and am usually the champion, of free speech, but this sort of trolling is meant only to encite - is this even necessary? i'm all for healthy debate, but i restrain myself from calling names as much as i can . . . but you can only expect so much from us when fans of other teams come and bait, and bait, and bait.

this is not so much a threat, but i might seriously consider taking a looooong break from this board just b/c i'd rather talk basketball instead of reading garbage like this. and i think most of the better long-term posters will likely be doing the same if this continues to ensue.

Not trolling or trying to incite anything. If it bothers you that i call out the people that CONSISTANTLY whine about the refs and NBA conspiricies..... then I guess your too thin skinned. If west doesnt crumble... there is no issue. Its just another foul in a tough game. He had a previous injury. So be it. Why are there no "hes faking it" cries like we heard with Kobes back spasms? Because it was Horry everyone has a fit and brings up last years incident. The media is doing nothing more that stirring the pot to create a ruckus and therfore a story. And you are all buying into it.

I am no spurs fan. I am rooting for the Hornets. I just call the plays how i see them and no way do i see that pick as being dirty or cheap. If it was any other player, or any other team, there would not have been a mention of a "cheap" shot on this board. The fact that it was the spurs and horry is the only reason its getting air time at all.

So if you dont want to post here, because others have opinions that dont share the "the world is out to get us" attitude of so many here, then don't. I am certainly not going to hold my tongue just because you think im a troll or that im trying to incite you. Im kind of curious why my opinion would bother you so much if you think my whole purpose is to incite. Wouldnt that be giving in to your perception of me? Hmmmmmm

nowagimp

Reaction score
Not trolling or trying to incite anything. If it bothers you that i call out the people that CONSISTANTLY whine about the refs and NBA conspiricies..... then I guess your too thin skinned. If west doesnt crumble... there is no issue. Its just another foul in a tough game. He had a previous injury. So be it. Why are there no "hes faking it" cries like we heard with Kobes back spasms? Because it was Horry everyone has a fit and brings up last years incident. The media is doing nothing more that stirring the pot to create a ruckus and therfore a story. And you are all buying into it.

I am no spurs fan. I am rooting for the Hornets. I just call the plays how i see them and no way do i see that pick as being dirty or cheap. If it was any other player, or any other team, there would not have been a mention of a "cheap" shot on this board. The fact that it was the spurs and horry is the only reason its getting air time at all.

So if you dont want to post here, because others have opinions that dont share the "the world is out to get us" attitude of so many here, then don't. I am certainly not going to hold my tongue just because you think im a troll or that im trying to incite you. Im kind of curious why my opinion would bother you so much if you think my whole purpose is to incite. Wouldnt that be giving in to your perception of me? Hmmmmmm

Basketball content =0,

How about those celtics, they gonna win it all!!!!

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Basketball content =0,

Wanna talk basketball...im all ears and will converse with you about any team, any play. Wanna dwell on the past and whine about calls, ill point it out and defend my actions doing so.

The basketbal content by the way was the part about it being a common foul you will see many many times to come in these playoffs from ALL teams and their respective players.

As for the celts.... I have the lakers playing the pistons in the final. I'll stick with it.

Last edited:

btimsah

My Name Is Robert!
Reaction score

Hey Cobbler.. did you pick the Spurs to beat the Hornets in the "Pick and Roll" challenge thing?

Trophytown

Registered
Reaction score
Basketball content =0,

That "All" would include some road games, which Boston has a mountain of trouble winning. If Detroit takes just a single game in Boston, we all might be penciling the Pistons as the E Conf representative to play for the Larry O Brien trophy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard