Big Shot Bob strikes again!

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
Phil Jackson was their coach. You can guarantee they were physical enough when they needed to be.

Funny, that's all you had to say. How about all the other teams I mentioned???????

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I hope for the sake of the Suns fans, the new Suns coach and his coaching staff don't have the same "weak" mindset as all of you have. If he does, your Suns will NEVER win a Championship.

No one is denying that Horry didn't mean to lean in and foul him hard. But did the refs call anything more than a personal foul???? NO! Cause that's all it was!

For god sakes! This is the Playoffs! Your supposed to play hard! Do any of you remember "The Bad Boys" in Detroit???? What Horry did is NOTHING compared to how they played nightly! But did anybody whine like all of you do now??? NO! It's the freakin Playoffs!!

And funny how you haters out there take stock into what people like Colin Coward or Dan Patrick say. 2 people who have NEVER played an NBA game in their life! But if they say it, it must be true!

But during the game, 2 people who have been involved in the NBA for most of their career either coaching or playing who are calling the game said "Nothing Malicious about that. Just a hard foul." Oh what do they know? They don't have national radio shows. They don't know what their talking about.

dude ****.

I like the Spurs team and some fans here respect the Spurs, in fact most acknowledge how good the Spurs really are.

Why dwell to the bad boy Pistons.... bet you werent even around then.
And using them as an example... how does that prove what Horry wasn't "malicious".

Yes I agree back then no blood no foul..

but these days, you dont have to bleed to be OUT for the next game.

Fair enough, Horry got away with just a foul... but IT WAS a "hard" fould and it was "dirty" foul that he aimed for West back.
I would love to set a screen on your asz and give you a whiplash and lets see if you feel like its just a "hard foul".

A hard foul.. is no easy layups, hack em make em earn it from the free throw, enter the paint and expect contact... yes playoff basketball.

But when you set a "leaning" screen on someone's back who isnt expecting it and moving fairly quick... it can give you a bad injury.

Again, why bring up Suns into it.... apart from Spurs fans I think theres a big chunk of fans who will agree that it was a "bad" hard foul.

And which veterans call it just a hard foul....?.

Im sure half of them would say its a "bad" hard foul also...

Im all for hard fouls.... but trying to take them out is a bit different.

Horry cannot contribute anymore...and everyone knows it... he knows it... he's there to be the hip check, hard foul guy... fair enough but when someone gets badly injured due to it, dont give me any BS that it wasnt intentional... because going for hard fouls has a good chance on hurting someone.... in the playground, in organize basketball everywhere not just the NBA.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
It's as simple as this Suns fans, you MUST play physical in the NBA to achieve success. The Hornets coach knows it, hell, he was a part of it in the 80's with the Lakers. Phil Jackson in LA knows it & the Pistons know this. That is why your team fails. Cause your previous coach has had the same "weak, victim" mindset as all of you have. Lets hope your new coach has the brains to know this as well. I for one would LOVE to see the Suns come out and hit the Spurs back!
Let me preface this by saying I don't really think that Horry's shot on West was really that cheap. I think it was subtle, and I do think there was some intent behind it, but I'm willing to look the other way there because I don't think it's a huge deal.
I think the majority of Suns realize that physical play exists in the playoffs. However, teams have overcome physical play many times in the past. The Bulls overcame the Bad Boys, but not by being as physical as they were. They were physical, but they didn't go Bill Laimbeer on anyone. They just finally found ways to fight through it. Same with the Knicks, same with the Heat. The Bulls were never a real physical team. The Lakers of the early 2000's were a physical team, but not on the level that the Spurs are. They had a prime Shaq, and a player named Kobe coming into is own, and they surrounded them with great roleplayers, not really physical players. They're series with the Kings were more intense than physical.

Your Suns didn't lose to the Spurs last season cause of Diaw & Amare being suspended 1 game for leaving the bench. They were defeated cause your weak coach refused to play the Spurs as physical as they were playing them. Plain and simple. What Horry did to Nash last year WAS a cheap shot. No doubt about it. But what did the Suns do the next game or hell, the rest of the series to let the Spurs know that they werent gonna take that. They did NOTHING!!!! That falls on your weak coach who thankfully for the Suns is now gone. You better hope they get someone with the Testicular Fortitude to step up to physical play and dish it back. If they don't, they will fail.
I think this is as ignorant as Suns fans saying the Horry check cost us a championship. There really is no way to really know. I do think the Suns had the better team though, and it's unfortunate that things shook out they way they did. The other two times they met, the Spurs were the better team.

Last edited:

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
I call shenanigans. Among your many posts in another recent Spurs thread, you profess to be a Raptors fan. Yet you haven't posted at all in the recent "Calderon wants out of Toronto" thread. You ARE a Spurs fan.

WOW! Another genius who caught me! Since I didn't post in that thread I MUST be a Spurs fan!

Comical, instead of replying with intelligence rational arguments, that's all you come in here with.

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying I don't really think that Horry's shot on West was really that cheap. I think it was subtle, and I do think there was some intent behind it, but I'm willing to look the other way there because I don't think it's a huge deal.
I think the majority of Suns realize that physical play exists in the playoffs. However, teams have overcome physical play many times in the past. The Bulls overcame the Bad Boys, but not by being as physical as they were. They were physical, but they didn't go Bill Laimbeer on anyone. They just finally found ways to fight through it. Same with the Knicks, same with the Heat. They were never a real physical team. The Lakers of the early 2000's were a physical team, but not on the level that the Spurs are. They had a prime Shaq, and a player named Kobe coming into is own, and they surrounded them with great roleplayers, not really physical players. They're series with the Kings were more intense than physical.

I think this is as ignorant as Suns fans saying the Horry check cost us a championship. There really is no way to really know. I do think the Suns had the better team though, and it's unfortunate that things shook out they way they did. The other two times they met, the Spurs were the better team.

I applaud your intelligent, insightful post. Really I do. No BS. I too thought the Suns were the better team last season as well. I just thought it a shame that they didn't fight back.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
I applaud your intelligent, insightful post. Really I do. No BS. I too thought the Suns were the better team last season as well. I just thought it a shame that they didn't fight back.

Pretty sure they wanted to on some cases. What if the refs didn't stop amare/diaw? I'm sure there would have been some kind of altercation.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I hope for the sake of the Suns fans, the new Suns coach and his coaching staff don't have the same "weak" mindset as all of you have. If he does, your Suns will NEVER win a Championship.

No one is denying that Horry didn't mean to lean in and foul him hard. But did the refs call anything more than a personal foul???? NO! Cause that's all it was!

For god sakes! This is the Playoffs! Your supposed to play hard! Do any of you remember "The Bad Boys" in Detroit???? What Horry did is NOTHING compared to how they played nightly! But did anybody whine like all of you do now??? NO! It's the freakin Playoffs!!

And funny how you haters out there take stock into what people like Colin Coward or Dan Patrick say. 2 people who have NEVER played an NBA game in their life! But if they say it, it must be true!

But during the game, 2 people who have been involved in the NBA for most of their career either coaching or playing who are calling the game said "Nothing Malicious about that. Just a hard foul." Oh what do they know? They don't have national radio shows. They don't know what their talking about.

so tell me about your nba career . . . how many years did you play? did you play in the era of buses or airplanes? you certainly have a lot to say about this . . .

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

btw, mychal thompson said he thought it was purposeful with intent and borderline dirty as well. but he didn't play in the nba, did he?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This thread once again shows the pscyhe and bias of some fans around here. That was a hard pick, nothing more nothing less, and for people to say Horry targetted West's back, what was he supposed to do when West is moving backwards?

When your teammate drives and your man is out to double him, it is absolute necessary to pick your man to free up your teammate, any assertion that the pick was not necessary is dubious at best.

Finally, posters have used the "because it is the Spurs" card as some sort of legitimate argument. Funny that the Spurs were viewed as soft as recently as 2006, then the second they have to play the Suns and a few fouls happened, fans go up in arms and talk about these big bad Spurs as if they have been known to be dirty all these years.

obviously it's not just the psyche and bias of some fans around here. as i said earlier, cowherd and patrick thought it was dirty, mychal thompson thought the same, and read that damn yahoo article someone just posted. those are media types w/o a "bias" as you claim. but you're right . . . you're the model of objectivity . . . sheesh.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is flawed logic.. Fight back is in how? They came off the bench to fight that scrub Horry.. Then you chastized them.. And said they were dumb.. Or should we have been devious and cry and moan and do things things in the course of the game that are soccer related?

I mean seriously.. What is fighting back to you?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The most baffling part of Spurs apologists is that they keep spinning every dirty play into a non-issue. Don't you think they would just simply embrace dirty gameplay at this point instead of going to bat for their team and trying to cloud the issue?

you'd never see a badboys pistons fan deny they were dirty. they manned-up to what they were. the spurs want to be thugs and loved at the same time. too bad that's never really worked for them.

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
dude ****.

I like the Spurs team and some fans here respect the Spurs, in fact most acknowledge how good the Spurs really are.

Why dwell to the bad boy Pistons.... bet you werent even around then.
And using them as an example... how does that prove what Horry wasn't "malicious".

Yes I agree back then no blood no foul..

but these days, you dont have to bleed to be OUT for the next game.

Fair enough, Horry got away with just a foul... but IT WAS a "hard" fould and it was "dirty" foul that he aimed for West back.
I would love to set a screen on your asz and give you a whiplash and lets see if you feel like its just a "hard foul".

A hard foul.. is no easy layups, hack em make em earn it from the free throw, enter the paint and expect contact... yes playoff basketball.

But when you set a "leaning" screen on someone's back who isnt expecting it and moving fairly quick... it can give you a bad injury.

Again, why bring up Suns into it.... apart from Spurs fans I think theres a big chunk of fans who will agree that it was a "bad" hard foul.

And which veterans call it just a hard foul....?.

Im sure half of them would say its a "bad" hard foul also...

Im all for hard fouls.... but trying to take them out is a bit different.

Horry cannot contribute anymore...and everyone knows it... he knows it... he's there to be the hip check, hard foul guy... fair enough but when someone gets badly injured due to it, dont give me any BS that it wasnt intentional... because going for hard fouls has a good chance on hurting someone.... in the playground, in organize basketball everywhere not just the NBA.

I was around back then. I obviously wasn't watching the Raptors due to the fact that they weren't around back then. But I did indeed watch the NBA in those days.

So if a player is playing hurt like West was, the Spurs should not play him physical and try to inflict pain on him? Why not?

So your ok when a PG or SG comes into the paint top speed and gets hammered and drilled to the floor from the Center or PF who is playing him hard and physical. But in the same breath, don't lean in on a screen. OhhhKayyy.

I bring the Suns into it, cause they have gone through this last season with this exact same team.

How about the 2 veterans Jeff Van Gundy & Mark Jackson. Or is their profeesional insight in the NBA not as qualified as Colin Coward or Dan Patrick?

And I disagree, you are NOT at all for physical play. And give me a break, Horry wasn't trying to take West out.

So when a player who is playing with a nagging injury decides to continue to play, should the NBA set rules to NOT allow physical play on them cause their injured? I mean after all, we don't want anybody feeling any pain in the playoffs.

scXfreakX

Huh?
Reaction score
The Spurs are dirty and they know it. I mean, its way too obvious, and fishy incidents happen way too often for anybody to try and deny it. It worked for them. I think its sick and it does disgust me. I just hope they get their due crap from someone. I would love to see NO eliminate them.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
WOW! Another genius who caught me! Since I didn't post in that thread I MUST be a Spurs fan!

Comical, instead of replying with intelligence rational arguments, that's all you come in here with.

That last line set the hook! Of your 67 posts, only 12 are in non-Spurs specific threads, and most of those 12 posts are dealing with an issue that is Suns-Spurs related. Several of your posts actually begin with "I'm not a Spurs fan..." I think you protest too much. Not only do I think you are a Spurs fan, I think you are ambchang. Just fess up so we can consider the source of your "argument".

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You would think a debacle like last year would toughen you up and make you stand up like men and say were standing our ground. Noooooo, just whine whine whine... as losers always do.

seriously mods - i understand, and am usually the champion, of free speech, but this sort of trolling is meant only to encite - is this even necessary? i'm all for healthy debate, but i restrain myself from calling names as much as i can . . . but you can only expect so much from us when fans of other teams come and bait, and bait, and bait.

this is not so much a threat, but i might seriously consider taking a looooong break from this board just b/c i'd rather talk basketball instead of reading garbage like this. and i think most of the better long-term posters will likely be doing the same if this continues to ensue.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you'd never see a badboys pistons fan deny they were dirty. they manned-up to what they were. the spurs want to be thugs and loved at the same time. too bad that's never really worked for them.

And here is the differnce in the mind frames of these two cities.. Detriot has pride in what they are .. San Antonio is bunch of wanna bes that got 2 tropheys, and now magically that have catipuled themselves to the likes of powerhouses.. They dont know how they got there, they just embrace it, for bad or worse.. Hate to say it, but they only have one pro sports team, so they a complex thinking this somehow puts them on par with other cities that have all 4 pro sports.. When, in reality, it doesnt.. So they will continue to follow the line of the spurs and they can do no wrong..

How do I know this? Cuz once upon a time in the early 80's, Phoenix was San Antonio.. But we grew up..

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
This is flawed logic.. Fight back is in how? They came off the bench to fight that scrub Horry.. Then you chastized them.. And said they were dumb.. Or should we have been devious and cry and moan and do things things in the course of the game that are soccer related?

I mean seriously.. What is fighting back to you?

Fouling back just as hard or harder. Leaning into a pick a bit more. Hack the guard good coming in for a layup and make him think twice.

Instead, DA just looked puzzled and whined to the refs. "They can't do that!" Nut up, foul them back harder.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Can you imagine the NBA playoffs without physical play?? BORING.

actually, i can, it would be beautiful. watch the old 70's games. they were incredibly free-flowing and graceful. they were not wrestling matches. is there a physical element to hoops? of course there is. and there is a place for it. but thuggery is another thing entirely. it degrades the beauty of the game.

this is not football. it is not hockey. it is basketball where physical contact meant to gain an advantage is supposed to be a foul. there is an actual rule about the physical contact. is it enforced enough? not to my liking. if it were players would adapt and the game would become more aesthetically pleasing again. sort of like when the nfl tightened the rules on physical play with WRs - the play became more graceful and skill-oriented. thuggish corners went by the wayside and skilled corners became the premium.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fouling back just as hard or harder. Leaning into a pick a bit more. Hack the guard good coming in for a layup and make him think twice.

Instead, DA just looked puzzled and whined to the refs. "They can't do that!" Nut up, foul them back harder.

Ok, so your a soccer fan.. Lemme ask you this.. Do even remember the the showtime era? Even though the lakers are worst in my book, that is the way basketball is supposed to be played.. And in direct effect why people are tuning out the NBA.. Too many crybabies and leg kicks.. Its not what it was, and it sucks now..

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

i will say that i thought DA was a wus. but this year shaq did do what you're saying. was is manu that he crushed or parker? fat lot of good it did the suns.

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
And here is the differnce in the mind frames of these two cities.. Detriot has pride in what they are .. San Antonio is bunch of wanna bes that got 2 tropheys, and now magically that have catipuled themselves to the likes of powerhouses.. They dont know how they got there, they just embrace it, for bad or worse.. Hate to say it, but they only have one pro sports team, so they a complex thinking this somehow puts them on par with other cities that have all 4 pro sports.. When, in reality, it doesnt.. So they will continue to follow the line of the spurs and they can do no wrong..

How do I know this? Cuz once upon a time in the early 80's, Phoenix was San Antonio.. But we grew up..

For the record, I belive the Spurs have won 4 Championships. Not 2. As far as the Spurs being the thugs in the NBA, I remember watching the playoffs when the Spurs won their first 2 tropheys and they were labeled "the most boring team in the league." Now, because of 1 series against the Suns last season, they suddenly went to "the thugs of the NBA." Wow. What a change.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the record, I belive the Spurs have won 4 Championships. Not 2. As far as the Spurs being the thugs in the NBA, I remember watching the playoffs when the Spurs won their first 2 tropheys and they were labeled "the most boring team in the league." Now, because of 1 series against the Suns last season, they suddenly went to "the thugs of the NBA." Wow. What a change.

Half a season asterik.. Horry thug ball another asterik.. I stand by my 2 championships and everything I said.. No dynasty for you..

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

dude, how many complaints have other teams and players have about bowen? it's not so much that the entire team is thugs, they're not. it's more a marriage of horry and bowen being thugs, parker and duncan being whiners, duncan getting away with travels and small pushes in the post, and ginobili, parker, and oberto being expert floppers . . . oh, and parker's wife admitting to the press that he flops all the time - it's about a collective of concepts that individually may be one or two bad things, but in their entirety muddy the game.

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
Ok, so your a soccer fan.. Lemme ask you this.. Do even remember the the showtime era? Even though the lakers are worst in my book, that is the way basketball is supposed to be played.. And in direct effect why people are tuning out the NBA.. Too many crybabies and leg kicks.. Its not what it was, and it sucks now..

I do remember the "Showtime" Lakers. And it was a ton of fun watching those classic Lakers vs Celtics Finals. But what I loved the most about it was not only the skill level of the players back then, but the brutality that those series brought. Did you read that yahoo article someone posted earlier in this thread? Byron Scott pointed that out. He thinks this physicality is good for his team. He also noted that those physical days are gone from the game now. That is why I enjoy watching the Spurs play. They remind me somewhat of those good ol physical days. That is also why I think Byron Scott is a hell of a coach. He's teaching his young team now how important it is to be in a physical series such as the one their in now. It's only gonna make the Hornets better in the future.

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
dude, how many complaints have other teams and players have about bowen? it's not so much that the entire team is thugs, they're not. it's more a marriage of horry and bowen being thugs, parker and duncan being whiners, duncan getting away with travels and small pushes in the post, and ginobili, parker, and oberto being expert floppers . . . oh, and parker's wife admitting to the press that he flops all the time - it's about a collective of concepts that individually may be one or two bad things, but in their entirety muddy the game.

Yeah, cause no one else in the NBA flops or travels. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison