Zack Randolph

HooverDam

Reaction score
I haven't heard anything recently about if Portland is going to move Randolph, though I thought conventional wisdom is that they probably would, since they'd have Oden and Aldridge and a log jam if they kept Randolph. They also have capable back up pivots in Maglorie and Pryz. Has anyone heard any updated rumors on where Randolph might get shipped to?

Just for the sake of fun, a Randolph for Marion trade works salary wise. Though I dont think Randolph really fits the Suns style at all, its a deal I'm sure Portland would love to do, as they need some help at the SF position. Really Durant may be a better 'fit' for them, then they could keep Randolph, but they obviously don't want to pass up Oden.

EDIT: Here are some trades that work according to RealGm. I'm assuming Portland will want a SF type in return.

Randolph to Sacramento for Artest and John Salmons

Randolph to Seattle in a sign and trade for Rashard Lewis, though I doubt they'll want to do a intradivision trade. I actually would like that trade a lot, it would strengthen both teams:

Portland--------Seattle
Oden-----------Randolph
Aldridge--------K. Durant
Lewis----------D. Wilkins
Jack-----------R. Allen
Roy------------L. Ridnour

Randolph to Charlotte for Gerlad Wallace. Portland would probably want Wallace extended. It results in some interesting lineups:

Portland------Charlotte
Oden----------Okafor
Aldridge------Randolph
Wallace-------Morrison
Jack-----------M Carroll (they dont have a true shooting guard really)
Roy-----------Felton

Last edited:

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
no one will want to pass up oden..

and i think the blazers will have a hard time moving zach because of his contract and off-court antics..

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If you put together a list of characteritics of what makes someone a Suns type player, you'd discover he has virtually none of them.

1. Runs all the time - NO

2. Team oriented - NO

3. Active on defense - NO

4. Top physical condition - NO

5. High basketball intelligence - NO

6. Versatility - NO

7. Good ball handling - NO (Make Marion look like Magic Johnson)

8. Composure - NO

9. High character - NO

I could go on, but he's just not a Suns type guy.

OP
OP
H

HooverDam

Reaction score
Ok for all of those in this thread who can't read:

I'm not talking about Randolph coming to the Suns. Read my post, I mention he isn't a Suns type of guy. This thread has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PHOENIX SUNS.

Got it?

The point was to discuss where Randolph could go and fit in, and deals that would make sense for both teams.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ok for all of those in this thread who can't read:

I'm not talking about Randolph coming to the Suns. Read my post, I mention he isn't a Suns type of guy. This thread has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PHOENIX SUNS.

Got it?

The point was to discuss where Randolph could go and fit in, and deals that would make sense for both teams.

As soon as I read Randolph for Marion, I kinda thought the Suns would get him.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Take this at face value, but I've heard Randolph's name attached to the rumor which would net Portland the third pick in the draft. Specifically, it was Randolph, Jack and a first next year for the 3rd pick, Speedy Claxton and Lorenzen Wright but I don't know if Atlanta's wanting Randolph's contract on the books.

OP
OP
H

HooverDam

Reaction score
As soon as I read Randolph for Marion, I kinda thought the Suns would get him.

Sorry, wasn't trying to yell at you specifically, I've just been annoyed by how it seems like lately in all the off season trade talk it seems people have just stopped reading.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sorry, wasn't trying to yell at you specifically, I've just been annoyed by how it seems like lately in all the off season trade talk it seems people have just stopped reading.

After 70 pages of posts on KG, there might be a reason. :shock:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn