Your vote on Levi Brown trade

Your vote on the Levi trade to Pittsburgh

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
so now Gambo is reporting the Levi had a reputation as a guy who didnt work very hard, not a high motor guy...

which makes me think this is another factor is sending him packing mid-season: sending a message to the rest of the offense

its always interesting what comes out after a guy leaves
This is hardly news - Levi Brown is lazy, and has always been lazy. He used to aggravate the hell out of Paterno at Penn State, because the potential to be among the best ever was always there, but Brown refused to work for it, and instead prefered to do just enough. . .

I continued to hope for the longest time, that Brown would become motivated and finally, finally put some effort into his craft. But this season has been the last straw, and I am glad that the Cardinals staff has decided that they would rather work with someone that is going to put some effort into their profession, than continue with Brown who will never amount to more than a tease.

What's truly sad, and I know there are many on this board that will disagree but, is that if Brown would have put forth the effort he could have been special.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I voted dislike mainly because Levi was a very good run blocker and that aspect is going to be missed.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Immediate drug test for anyone who voted for anything but the top choice.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I voted dislike mainly because Levi was a very good run blocker and that aspect is going to be missed.

Either that's a joke, or you've never seen a Cards game with Levi in the lineup. The guy's a freaking matador.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's some thoughts on the trade..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380764596396.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380764596396.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 133
  • uploadfromtaptalk1380764607945.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380764607945.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 131
  • uploadfromtaptalk1380764617935.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380764617935.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 131

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
first post in the cards forum. about freakin time we got rid of this guy. amen

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

Mike Adams isn't much worse than Levi IMO. Thank goodness we didn't draft him a few years back when many here wanted us to.

The Stealers just benched a bad LT & traded for a bad LT as his replacement. :D

Buckybird

Reaction score
Those guys are right.

Mike Adams isn't much worse than Levi IMO. Thank goodness we didn't draft him a few years back when many here wanted us to.

The Stealers just benched a bad LT & traded for a bad LT as his replacement. :D

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will not miss this.

Attachments

• Levi-1.jpg
    Levi-1.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 112

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Levi goes from destroying my favorite team of all-time to destroying one of my least favorite teams of all-time. How can I not love this trade?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Please... allow me to repeat a quote a said often about Levi Brown...

Ahem...

"False start, number 75, on the offense. Five yard penalty, remains 1st down."

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Arians and Keim don't hold back their disdain for Levi's play in their presser. They said no matter how Sowell plays, the LT play can't get any worse, both in the run and pass game.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Maybe bask is just as right about this move as they were about Rashard Mendenhall, Eric Winston and Carson Palmer and everything will be just great.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Sure didn't take long for the board to switch from bashing Bucky to bashing Brown.

:)

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
attachment.php

I dont care for Gambo, but that right there is hysterical.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Yea John Cooper may need to learn Tackle- I think the Steelers treated BASK like punks- like we wouldn't give up 5th rounder for a starting LT- or Kolb or Porter -

Maybe they'll coach the Cardinal out of him like McFadden? I mean if we had like one successful Ex Steeler out of 10 since ST Morey, I might feel more inclined.

I think it was immature by new GM Keim- if he follows the fans and our stupid local radio shows He'll see the door soon enough.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea John Cooper may need to learn Tackle- I think the Steelers treated BASK like punks- like we wouldn't give up 5th rounder for a starting LT- or Kolb or Porter -

Maybe they'll coach the Cardinal out of him like McFadden? I mean if we had like one successful Ex Steeler out of 10 since ST Morey, I might feel more inclined.

I think it was immature by new GM Keim- if he follows the fans and our stupid local radio shows He'll see the door soon enough.
:doi:

Buckybird

Reaction score

Yeah & I guess the rest of the NFL are idiots too for not thinking Leenart & Wells are elite on the Smel scale .;)

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Good opportunity to ban the number 75 for good.

I am concerned about the position going forward (devil you know and all that) but if he was going to be benched anyway better to save on the salary.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good opportunity to ban the number 75 for good.

I am concerned about the position going forward (devil you know and all that) but if he was going to be benched anyway better to save on the salary.

doesn't look like we did save on the salary. apparently we had to pay him 3.1 million to get rid of his ass as the Steelers only could take on 500k because of their cap position. at least that's what they were saying on the radio today.