Your QB Next Season?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I were in charge, I'd probably cut bait on Hall and Anderson, draft a guy in the first two rounds, and then go into the season with someone like Kellen Clemens/Tyler Thigpen, the draft pick, and Skelton in training camp competition.

Might as well keep Hall as a camp body. At least he will push the young guys at camp.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Honestly, I wouldn't want Max Hall near my camp if I were a GM. Coach Whiz has Final 53 authority built into his contract. I don't need him falling in love with Hall's moxie and rubber band arm all over again.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Honestly, I wouldn't want Max Hall near my camp if I were a GM. Coach Whiz has Final 53 authority built into his contract. I don't need him falling in love with Hall's moxie and rubber band arm all over again.
True, but if we keep any body besides Skelton, it is not a good sign. And that's probably just because we haven't seen Skelton play yet. ;)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
True, but if we keep any body besides Skelton, it is not a good sign. And that's probably just because we haven't seen Skelton play yet. ;)

We've seen Skelton play in a situation that I think he can succeed in: Against other teams' fourth or fifth strings. He'll eventually be given the whole playbook, but he's not going to be close to playing until later in his second or even his third year.

And that's fine. Tony Romo didn't attempt a pass in the NFL until his 4th season.

You know, Coach Mac LOVED Romo and tried to bring him in as a college FA. Hard to believe he'd go with the Cowboys over the Cards. :)