Your 2008 MVP....

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
I'm far from a Kobe apologist, but this is simply the Alpha dog getting his crew in order.

Move along.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
That Curt Shilling blog was very interesting - nothing new, tho. Most people know his teammates dislike him (for actions like in that video - which reminded me of how you slap your kid when mad at them).

Kobe seems to go into these uncontrollable fits of rage (Phil Jackson's quote - not mine) and you can see them manifest themselves on the court.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Geez, man, are you serious with this crap? Sometimes a leader has to kick his teammates in the butt when they need it.

Substitute 'rape' for 'kick', and 'hotel staff memeber' for 'teammates'..

Sorry, I just had to go there. In my eyes, that is who Kobe really is.

Trophytown

Registered
Reaction score
Why do Suns fans care?

Listen Donald............everything youve heard/witnessed from some folks with regards to the Lakers is all predicated on envy. The worst......i mean the absolute worst thing for a Suns fan today is to witness the Lakers adding yet another world title to their resume. SO they will resort to cheapening the moment, grandstanding any event past or present and belittle the franchise's accomplishments or their marquee player's accomplishment. So you have someone trying to highlight a motivational jab to get his teammates fired up and paint him as some thug. Perhaps thats what the Suns need.....someone in that huddle that cares and really gives a damn. I see the Suns team as a passive bunch with no fire, little heart and their fans have this "victim" mentality. Fact is no one on that Suns roster has a 10th of the fire to win that Kobe has.

I'll donate multiple packets of sugar and leave em on the table by the door. This haterade served is simply bitter. Very very bitter.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
That Curt Shilling blog was very interesting - nothing new, tho. Most people know his teammates dislike him (for actions like in that video - which reminded me of how you slap your kid when mad at them).

Kobe seems to go into these uncontrollable fits of rage (Phil Jackson's quote - not mine) and you can see them manifest themselves on the court.

Wrong. If you follow the Lakers at all, you would know that Kobe's teammates do like him.

In The Finals, look at the numbers. Kobe is the only player who has shown up in the series. He has been the only guy keeping the Lakers in the thing. He has a right to be pissed off.

OP
OP
D

da_suns_fan

Registered
Reaction score
Wrong. If you follow the Lakers at all, you would know that Kobe's teammates do like him.

In The Finals, look at the numbers. Kobe is the only player who has shown up in the series. He has been the only guy keeping the Lakers in the thing. He has a right to be pissed off.

If you think that Kobe's teammates "like" him, or he "likes" any of them, then youre just naive.

Kobe "likes" them so much he demanded a trade to another team a year ago. Im sure they all LOVED him for that. Especially Andrew "ship his ass out" Bynum.

Phil Jackson detailed how much Kobe and his teammates get along. But Im sure Kobe's changed since then.

Oh wait, he hasn't (see link in the first post of this thread).

Kobe would throw all of them under a bus in a heart-beat if it meant more posetive press for himself.

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you think that Kobe's teammates "like" him, or he "likes" any of them, then youre just naive.

Kobe "likes" them so much he demanded a trade to another team a year ago. Im sure they all LOVED him for that. Especially Andrew "ship his ass out" Bynum.

Phil Jackson detailed how much Kobe and his teammates get along. But Im sure Kobe's changed since then.

Oh wait, he hasn't (see link in the first post of this thread).

Kobe would throw all of them under a bus in a heart-beat if it meant more posetive press for himself.

Again, why do Suns fans care? For all the whining about Lakerfans on this forum, posting threads like this makes absolutely no sense. Obsess much?

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
Again, why do Suns fans care? For all the whining about Lakerfans on this forum, posting threads like this makes absolutely no sense. Obsess much?

It makes perfect sense. If you have drawn a conclusion that a player is a selfish, megalomaniac and you are glad he's not on your team, evidence to support your belief is worth noting. Also it brings a topic into conversation...not long ago the possibility of Bryant becoming a Suns player was out there.

I know you WISH Suns fans would stop posting about it...but there it is.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
You are an idiot. One who also thinks he knows a hell of a lot more than he actually does.

So to recap how Laker fans get a free pass:
I get banned for calling ambchang "dumbchang" but Laker fan directly calls another poster an idiot and it's cool?

Rule #2 isn't it?

OP
OP
D

da_suns_fan

Registered
Reaction score

No joke. Its almost as if wer'e posting on a NBA message board!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get banned for calling ambchang "dumbchang" but Laker fan directly calls another poster an idiot and it's cool?

Rule #2 isn't it?

Not cool, I got reprimanded for it.

OP
OP
D

da_suns_fan

Registered
Reaction score
From the latest Simmons Blog:

Q: What has been the funniest subplot of the Finals so far?
A: Curt Schilling's colorful blog post about sitting next to the Lakers' bench for Game 2. My three favorite things about this one:

1. You have to love the year 2008, when baseball players blog about their experiences at NBA games. I don't know how we got here, but it's fantastic.

2. The Kobe anecdotes are so damning you have to read them to fully grasp the significance. All I can say is I sat close to the court for Games 1 and 2 and can confirm everything -- the glares, the yelling, the extended staring, the poisonous body language and everything else. If this had been pickup hoops, some of Kobe's teammates would have intentionally thrown a game just to get back to the sidelines, then done the "No, I'm running with these four guys" routine when he came over to ask if they wanted "Next" with him.

3. It has been hysterical to watch the city of Los Angeles rush to Kobe's defense by ripping Schilling -- as evidenced by this T.J. Simers column Wednesday -- instead of coming to grips with the fact the last five months of hunky-dory, "Good Ship Lollipop" Lakers stories was Hollywood's biggest B.S. story of the year other than everyone in the Writer's Guild pretending they liked how the strike turned out. Kobe is a wonderful basketball player. We all concede this point. Just don't keep trying to sell us on the fact he's a good teammate. We have a decade's worth of evidence that says otherwise. When the going gets tough, he goes into "me mode" and it's way too late for him to change. Sorry.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Listen Donald............everything youve heard/witnessed from some folks with regards to the Lakers is all predicated on envy. The worst......i mean the absolute worst thing for a Suns fan today is to witness the Lakers adding yet another world title to their resume. SO they will resort to cheapening the moment, grandstanding any event past or present and belittle the franchise's accomplishments or their marquee player's accomplishment. So you have someone trying to highlight a motivational jab to get his teammates fired up and paint him as some thug. Perhaps thats what the Suns need.....someone in that huddle that cares and really gives a damn. I see the Suns team as a passive bunch with no fire, little heart and their fans have this "victim" mentality. Fact is no one on that Suns roster has a 10th of the fire to win that Kobe has.

I'll donate multiple packets of sugar and leave em on the table by the door. This haterade served is simply bitter. Very very bitter.

If we are such pathetic folks, why dont you go to a Lakers board, no wait.... you must be gracing this board with your presence. Kobe has so much fire he couldnt get past the Suns 2 years in a row. I guess the poor passive bunch found a way to tame the flame. You seem to believe it is envy, when Amare has been criticize on this board for doing same thing. You have such myopic view you wont even consider if Kobe is taking it too far, this is a guy that practically threw his team mate under the bus at the beginning of the season, add short term memory to that vision defect of your.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Rule #2 isn't it?
It's the "good 'ole boys" factor. If you browse the rest of this site you'll see what i'm talking about. It's a great site but there are....inconsistency's.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still. Not quite a 3 day ban now is it?

No, it is not, but I've had my share of bans as well as you have. We should all probably stop goading each other so much into Internet slap fights and just discuss the games or topics. I'm as guilty of not doing so as many others are, Suns and Lakers fans alike. The mods are doing their job, and have given us fair warning to tone it down. So we should. I'm game. It is only the Internet, after all. Right?

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
X-RATED KOBE
BRYANT DEFENDS RIPPING TEAMMATES
By MARC BERMAN
nypost.com

June 12, 2008 -- LOS ANGELES - Kobe Bryant has become a YankeesNew York Yankees fan because of Curtis Schilling's blog.

Asked by The Post his reaction to the Red Sox pitcher portraying him in an unflattering light for screaming at his teammates during the Lakers' 108-102 loss in Game 2 of the Finals, Bryant said,

"You're asking for my response to it? Go Yankees."

Bryant had admitted before an X-rated diatribe on his teammates after the third quarter. The Lakers responded by slicing a 24-point deficit to two in the final minute of their loss. Schilling sat behind the Lakers' bench in Boston.

"Look, I know my team," said Bryant, whose Lakers play host to the Celtics in Game 4 tonight trailing 2-1 amidst the dark cloud of Tim Donaghy's playoff-fixing allegations. "After all those bleeps, we almost pulled off one of the greatest comebacks in history. It seemed to motivate the team pretty well."

Schilling's blog attack seemed to motivate Bryant pretty well too in Game 3 at the celebrity-studded Staples Center, his MVP-esque performance lifting the Lakers back into the series with an 87-81 victory. Bryant notched 36 points, 10 in the fourth quarter, hitting two crucial buckets in the final 1:06. Kobe barreled to the hole and got to the line for 17 free throws.

"You could tell from the first quarter, Kobe was going to be aggressive and wasn't going to shoot too many jump shots," Kevin Garnett said.

Bryant will not take Schilling's advice and let up on his mates. Schilling reported Lakers players were rolling their eyes at his verbal attacks and that he never offered words of encouragement, just negativity.

"They're used to it and we all have thick skin around here on the team," Bryant said. "That's just how we, we're brutally honest with each other. Our team is built for that. We all love it."

Though Bryant saved his explosion for the rim Tuesday, with help from Sasha Vujacic's 3-point stroke, Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett were Hollywood busts. They combined to shoot 7 of 35, and the Celtics were still in contention in the final minute.

But Boston coach Doc Rivers wasn't buying that as a positive, especially with point guard Rajon Rondo (sprained ankle) sitting out practice, questionable for tonight.

"The losing team always says, as bad as we played, we had a chance to win the game," Rivers said. "I see our team liked to hear that. I said, well, the Lakers are saying as bad as they played, they won the game. The Lakers didn't play well either."

June 12, 2008 -- LOS ANGELES - Kobe Bryant has become a YankeesNew York Yankees fan because of Curtis Schilling's blog.

Asked by The Post his reaction to the Red Sox pitcher portraying him in an unflattering light for screaming at his teammates during the Lakers' 108-102 loss in Game 2 of the Finals, Bryant said,

"You're asking for my response to it? Go Yankees."

Bryant had admitted before an X-rated diatribe on his teammates after the third quarter. The Lakers responded by slicing a 24-point deficit to two in the final minute of their loss. Schilling sat behind the Lakers' bench in Boston.

"Look, I know my team," said Bryant, whose Lakers play host to the Celtics in Game 4 tonight trailing 2-1 amidst the dark cloud of Tim Donaghy's playoff-fixing allegations. "After all those bleeps, we almost pulled off one of the greatest comebacks in history. It seemed to motivate the team pretty well."

Schilling's blog attack seemed to motivate Bryant pretty well too in Game 3 at the celebrity-studded Staples Center, his MVP-esque performance lifting the Lakers back into the series with an 87-81 victory. Bryant notched 36 points, 10 in the fourth quarter, hitting two crucial buckets in the final 1:06. Kobe barreled to the hole and got to the line for 17 free throws.

"You could tell from the first quarter, Kobe was going to be aggressive and wasn't going to shoot too many jump shots," Kevin Garnett said.

Bryant will not take Schilling's advice and let up on his mates. Schilling reported Lakers players were rolling their eyes at his verbal attacks and that he never offered words of encouragement, just negativity.

"They're used to it and we all have thick skin around here on the team," Bryant said. "That's just how we, we're brutally honest with each other. Our team is built for that. We all love it."

Though Bryant saved his explosion for the rim Tuesday, with help from Sasha Vujacic's 3-point stroke, Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett were Hollywood busts. They combined to shoot 7 of 35, and the Celtics were still in contention in the final minute.

But Boston coach Doc Rivers wasn't buying that as a positive, especially with point guard Rajon Rondo (sprained ankle) sitting out practice, questionable for tonight.

"The losing team always says, as bad as we played, we had a chance to win the game," Rivers said. "I see our team liked to hear that. I said, well, the Lakers are saying as bad as they played, they won the game. The Lakers didn't play well either."

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
week. I want to read the full transcripts. Where are they abomb?