Yep I’m angry at Gannon the canon!

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Really I mean really , back to 11 Conner-runs, 13 total RB runs to 41 freaking passes. Cards deserve to lose and it ain’t no moral victory.
Dobbs had 12 rushes , back to hero ball, and will get cards smoked every time.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Niners run D is better than their pass D and we were 2 scores down inside 17 minutes. Nothing shocking here. I think the play calling was spot on.

We also had a bunch of Dobbs designed runs. He had 12 runs, of which at least 10 were designed and overall we had 25 rushes for 105 yards. That's the most rushing yards the Niners have given up so far.

We had 362 yards of total offense against the best defense in the league.

The Giants had 150 total yards of offense against this defense and only 29 rushing yards.

We had 5.4 yards per play, prior to this game the Niners allowed 3.3 per play vs the Giants, 4.9 vs the Rams and 3.9 vs the Steelers.

We should have put up more points, the Ertz drop should have been a TD, but otherwise I thought the offense did a fantastic job against the best defense in the league.

OP
OP
THESMEL

THESMEL

Reaction score
It doesn't take an expert to know when you fall behind, teams tend to pass more than they run. Believe it's covered in FB 101.
And lose most of the time, sorry that dog don’t hunt, it wasn’t that far behind - and end up with niners teeing off every down on the pass game, which gave them our playbook for the last 2 decades.
unacceptable

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It was a five point game in second half. Were some plays questionable sure but every game has those. My biggest gripe with the offense is no speed change of pace at RB. This game was lost on the defensive side. Couldn’t get off the field for the most part, looked overmatched most of the time.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And lose most of the time, sorry that dog don’t hunt, it wasn’t that far behind - and end up with niners teeing off every down on the pass game, which gave them our playbook for the last 2 decades.
unacceptable
For me we were that far behind when I saw, early on, that we had no answer for CMC.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
unacceptable
Sorry, but you can’t just run the ball to say you attempted to run the ball.
Stats showed the offense this game was managed effectively.
I don’t know if you noticed but many times the 49ers had 9 and sometimes 10 in the box.
You need a defense if you are going to try to win games running the ball. If we lost 35 to 3 trying to run the ball this site would be exploding asking why we were so dumb.
I also think if we showed any ability to stop the 49ers at all we probably would have run the ball a bit more.

Bottom line, this offense was and has been running efficiently.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
unacceptable
Running the ball chews up clock. Chewing up clock is the last thing you want to do when playing from 2+ TDs behind..

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sorry, but you can’t just run the ball to say you attempted to run the ball.
Stats showed the offense this game was managed effectively.
I don’t know if you noticed but many times the 49ers had 9 and sometimes 10 in the box.
You need a defense if you are going to try to win games running the ball. If we lost 35 to 3 trying to run the ball this site would be exploding asking why we were so dumb.
I also think if we showed any ability to stop the 49ers at all we probably would have run the ball a bit more.
You're 100% right, the Cardinals play hard but this roster is what it is because of SK, MO will fix that. I like the potential of this coaching staff. We can complain all we want about coulda shoulda woulda but at the end of the day the 49ers are stacked, we're just not, not enough talent on the DL & no depth there either. Quite honestly I'm surprised the game was close at one point so imo that's a credit to this coaching staff. It's obvious these guys play hard for their coaches & I'm excited about the future because of that.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Really I mean really , back to 11 Conner-runs, 13 total RB runs to 41 freaking passes. Cards deserve to lose and it ain’t no moral victory.
Dobbs had 12 rushes , back to hero ball, and will get cards smoked every time.

This is not why we lost. Running the ball and winning is not a simple equation in the modern NFL.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
unacceptable
This getting laughable. We run more early and we lost by a lot more--a LOT more. The coaches were right, you were wrong. More rush attempts absolutely is not a barometer of winning.

OP
OP
THESMEL

THESMEL

Reaction score
Every season is 1978 for SMEL lol
Yea I’m the problem For stating the obvious, you all defended it the same loss that whiz had, BA , KK - do you have any new evidence that passing like your hair is on fire wins games consistently? niners didn’t and never abandon the run , and win,

I think you all are the problem, come out of cellar, after tornado, saying nothing wrong here ms, ain’t it Grand the wind stopped blowing.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yea I’m the problem For stating the obvious, you all defended it the same loss that whiz had, BA , KK - do you have any new evidence that passing like your hair is on fire wins games consistently? niners didn’t and never abandon the run , and win,

I think you all are the problem, come out of cellar, after tornado, saying nothing wrong here ms, ain’t it Grand the wind stopped blowing.
Our offense was awesome last game, the defense couldn't get a stop and that is why we lost. We had 362 yards on offense to the 49ers 395. We had 104 rushing yards to the 49ers 124. We ran just as much as them! I think if we go with your game plan we end up with less than 200 yards on offense and 3 points max. The niners were stacking the box and their secondary is their weakness.

In the modern game you take what the defense gives you, and the rules gives the passing game an advantage now instead of running. You don't excessively run to win, you run when you've already won.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I agree Smelly. To an extent. Even when you are behind you have to throw in rushing attempts just to keep the defense honest and to slow down the pass rush.
But it's hard to call a run on 2nd and 12 when your back is slow...anytime really...but especially when your back is slow.

Keep beating that drum Smelly!

OP
OP
THESMEL

THESMEL

Reaction score
I agree Smelly. To an extent. Even when you are behind you have to throw in rushing attempts just to keep the defense honest and to slow down the pass rush.
But it's hard to call a run on 2nd and 12 when your back is slow...anytime really...but especially when your back is slow.

Keep beating that drum Smelly!
The run has a greater chance of success when pass is expected , people quoting the rushing yards is close? We had 12 qb runs , most are the result of broken pass plays, good coverage , because defense can play one dimensionally - rush harder, nickel and dime personnel , qb runs does not change the defense making for a more effective pass game, like play action or rpo! Only successful running back production forces a defense to adapt.
it is suppose to be hard to run, biggest risk is penalty from lack of discipline or run practice. much less risky then passing , incompletions are just next to tfl or sack and interceptions Or Qb fumbles.
like erectile dysfunction ads say
life is suppose to be hard!

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Niners run D is better than their pass D and we were 2 scores down inside 17 minutes. Nothing shocking here. I think the play calling was spot on.

We also had a bunch of Dobbs designed runs. He had 12 runs, of which at least 10 were designed and overall we had 25 rushes for 105 yards. That's the most rushing yards the Niners have given up so far.

We had 362 yards of total offense against the best defense in the league.

The Giants had 150 total yards of offense against this defense and only 29 rushing yards.

We had 5.4 yards per play, prior to this game the Niners allowed 3.3 per play vs the Giants, 4.9 vs the Rams and 3.9 vs the Steelers.

We should have put up more points, the Ertz drop should have been a TD, but otherwise I thought the offense did a fantastic job against the best defense in the league.
And we actually got better through the course of the game. Something KK could NEVER do.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson