I watched the tape again (carefully) and...

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
pete said:
That ball to Jones looked to have enough mustard on it but he needed to lead him about a half foot more instead of hitting him on the numbers. I think McCown is getting closer to being a good QB. At least he is taking more chances now.

That ball to Jones had "no" mustard on it. It was lofted intentionally.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Why? Zero tackles for Zellner and Pace is one reason. The blame rests in our front seven. It could even be our scheme. Its hard to point at Ronnie Mac when he led the team with nine tackles. All that is certain, is, we need to improve in this area. Most of the 49ers running plays were between the tackles and I didn't see Davis (4 tackles, not bad), Dockett (3 tackles, need more) or Berry (2 tackles?) doing much to stop the run.

Ronnie got credit for 9 tackles but on at least two of those he got run over by the 49er RB and ended up flat on his back with the RB on top of him. He's was a solid player for the Cards for years but he's just gotten older and its time for him to go. It's the LB's job to fill the holes to stop the run and our guys just don't do it on a consistent basis. Watch Wilson fill a gap. They need the LB's to be doing that as well.

Red Dawn

Go Big Red!
Reaction score
CW, nice breakdown. I watch the game last night...I agree with John H, if that ball was thrown harder, it would have been 6; the loft allowed the DB to recover IMO. I also noticed that it looked like Racker's plant foot slid a bit on his missed FG. I thought Josh played a very good 2nd half. And I sure like Edwards, I hope he gets more touches against the lambs. The 49er fumble that was not a fumble still irks me, that was a very quick whistle; the Fox coverage was so crappy they missed the play in real time (they had some players picture up). I could hear the crowd chanting "BS BS.." though. :D

OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
ChandlerCard said:
Josh' longer passes still aren't always in sync, but he's improving. The offseason QB choices will not be easy, because if you take away the elite QBs in this league there are a whole lot of decent players with known flaws.

Thanks, I totally agree with your comment about the offseason. It's not readily apparent that Josh will rise above "journeyman" level. Maybe Navarre is the answer, I don't know. But, it's not like Joe Montana is going to be available in FA. Plenty of tough choices for the offseason.

OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Red Dawn said:
CW, nice breakdown. I watch the game last night...I agree with John H, if that ball was thrown harder, it would have been 6; the loft allowed the DB to recover IMO. I also noticed that it looked like Racker's plant foot slid a bit on his missed FG. I thought Josh played a very good 2nd half. And I sure like Edwards, I hope he gets more touches against the lambs. The 49er fumble that was not a fumble still irks me, that was a very quick whistle; the Fox coverage was so crappy they missed the play in real time (they had some players picture up). I could hear the crowd chanting "BS BS.." though. :D

Thanks, Edwards was impressive, and agree that he should get some more snaps.

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The thing about the loft

1) it had some zip but not enough, /the reason, I think, is remember about 2maybe three games ago/ Ne end zone- josh fires the ball instead of lofting it to Q. Q comes away complaining, but had he run to the ball. no doubt, TD. He wanted it lofted like a fade.
This time, as I'm looking at it, the ball should have been tossed two feet deeper and there's no tip by the DB. Also that Db had to stay with Fitz most the whole play and gambled, correctly at the last second. Josh was looking fitz's way a bit and knew he was going to jones all the time. the Db, by all accounts I've heard, made a very good guess/read at the last second and either a harder toss or a little bit more of a lead on the pass would have got it done

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
DieHardFromMO said:
You referring to Mario Bates? Didn't he get arrested a couple years ago?
That's who i was talking about.I think at the time he probably ran 5.2 40.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison