xtra 910 or ktar

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sad that a former player says the Cardinals won't spend the money to win...

?!?!?

Is this Bartel speaking?

Whiz was one of the 10 highest paid coaches in ANY sport, Cards used up virtually all their cap space. Anyone claiming the Cards wont pay to win is willfully ignorant to the situation.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they have blown that notion out of the water a couple of years ago and especially today. I am not buying that anymore.

I think he means on a coach. Also upgrades could have been done this year and were not done.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
?!?!?

Is this Bartel speaking?

Whiz was one of the 10 highest paid coaches in ANY sport, Cards used up virtually all their cap space. Anyone claiming the Cards wont pay to win is willfully ignorant to the situation.

Yes Bartel says he will believe Andy Reid will cost a lot of money and he will believe it when he sees it. Said some stuff about the Organization spending money and that translating into wins.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think he means on a coach. Also upgrades could have been done this year and were not done.

I know and am still calling bs. Whisenhunt was well paid as was his staff. Money will not be a precluding factor from the Cardinals getting the best coach possible for their team.

You don't pull a move like the one pulled today to nickle and dime the successors.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bartel approached the organization about his release during the off season. Felt he wouldn't be given a chance to be in the mix for a job.

Asked for his release. Was told that it would happen and it would be an amicable split. When he found a team to take him, organization refused to release him.

Blames Skelton and Kolb for neither being able to win the job outright so the organization just basically stashed him on IR.

Was baited a bit and held on a string and got caught holding the bag.

Realizes he is the only QB since Warner to not get a chance to start.

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Could have came back right when Kolb went down. Sounds pretty bitter about it, but not hyperbully style.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes Bartel says he will believe Andy Reid will cost a lot of money and he will believe it when he sees it. Said some stuff about the Organization spending money and that translating into wins.

Well, then Bartel is a dope. Whiz was paid a ton, Grimm had a very high salary.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eddf45hdfm/ken-whisenhunt/

9th highest paid coach in ALL sports, 6th highest paid in the NFL... and higher paid than Andy Reid.

And unless he is going to resurrect Jim Johnson from the grave I dont want Andy Reid anywhere near this team. Gross. I'd rather have kept Whiz.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals would have to pay all that Salary plus Reid's salary.

It isn't an even exchange.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If they were that concerned about the one year salary hit from Whiz in relation to their future coach then they wouldnt have fired Whiz in the first place. Any concern about money and the coaching staff is completely unfounded and really contradicts the reality we have seen in recent years.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Commercial now, no new updates. I am going to old town for dinner and some drinks so I am TOTALLY OUT (for a couple hours).

This interview is depressing me anyway.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Commercial now, no new updates. I am going to old town for dinner and some drinks so I am TOTALLY OUT (for a couple hours).

This interview is depressing me anyway.

I wouldnt take too much to heart about what one dude with an axe to grind has to say. Especially when he will almost never have this soapbox again.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

They only pay all of that if those guys don't get jobs this season. If those guys all get jobs with other teams whatever money they get paid elsewhere will be taken off of how much the Cardinals owe.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Crazy to hear that the system is actually really easy to learn, but the QB struggles had a lot more to do with the lack of player development.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bartel is actually decent on the radio. Could he please, please, PLEASE replace bickley? I might listen to the show.

I about fell down when he said the system was easy to learn. Then laughed and said "figures" when he said they didn't coach anyone on how to perform in it, improve, develop.

I pictured Whis handing a playbook saying "dude, it's SIMPLE...wtf is wrong with you? Read the book and perform!" No wonder why he was always so adamant about the system...but even a simple system will suck if you don't actually coach the damn players up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen