X-Men: Apocalypse

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
X-Men: Apocalypse

Plot: The mutant forefather, En Sabah Nur, returns with plans to plunge the world into an apocalypse to ensure supremacy. Bryan Singer has confirmed the film will take place in the 1980's and will feature other familiar characters in their youth.

Cast (so far): Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult, and James McAvoy

Channing Tatum is supposed to appear as Gambit in this and then get his own spinoff film as well.

Release date: May 27, 2016

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oscar Isaac to Play Villain in ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/oscar-isaac-x-men-apocalypse-casting-1201342774/

Oscar Isaac has closed a deal to play the titular comicbook villain in 20th Century Fox’s “X-Men: Apocalypse.”

Bryan Singer will direct to direct the superhero pic with Simon Kinberg writing the script.

Singer has described the upcoming X-Men film, which is expected to feature all cast members including Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence and James McAvoy, as the most destructive movie in the franchise.

“‘Apocalypse’ will have more of the mass destruction that ‘X-Men’ films, to date, have not relied upon,” he recently said. “There’s definitely now a character and a story that allow room for that kind of spectacle.”

Singer also suggested that “Apocalypse,” set in the 1980s, could feature younger versions of familiar characters.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh dear lord. There is a rumor Kat Graham from Vampire Diaries is being considered for the part of a younger Storm. Yes people this could be your next Storm.

Last edited:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
She's terrible...at singing at least, can't see how her acting could be worse.

asudevil83

Reaction score
Oh dear lord. There is a rumor Kat Graham from Vampire Diaries is being considered for the part of a younger storm. Yes people this could be your next Storm.

Oh my. that was BAD. Did i just watch a middle school talent show? Lyrics/Dance/Singing/Beat/Costume.....it was ALL TERRIBLE. Please dont post that again for everyone's sake.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh my. that was BAD. Did i just watch a middle school talent show? Lyrics/Dance/Singing/Beat/Costume.....it was ALL TERRIBLE. Please dont post that again for everyone's sake.

Yeah unfortunately my wife was watching that episode and it seared a horrifying memory of her in my mind FOREVER. This has to be one of the worst TV performances I have ever seen.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish Marvel had the rights.

Many things are right, Psylocke, Magneto, the younger Storm, etc. but if this first look at Apocalypse is any indication...UGH.

Apocalypse is huge...like Thanos huge. This looks like some Power Ranger villain.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
THIS is Apocalypse:

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty good IMO. I personally don't care about the color of Apocalypse. Although the grey looks a bit more menacing to me. Also, looks like Jennifer Lawrence is going to be front and center milking her for all the screen time they can give her.

She is done with X-men after this according to her recent interviews so I guess they figured why not.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Looks pretty good IMO. I personally don't care about the color of Apocalypse. Although the grey looks a bit more menacing to me. Also, looks like Jennifer Lawrence is going to be front and center milking her for all the screen time they can give her.

She is done with X-men after this according to her recent interviews so I guess they figured why not.

Bad decision, IMO. Mystique is such an obscure and outlying character, it doesn't make sense to make her front and center. And she's not very interesting, regardless of how good an actress she is.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bad decision, IMO. Mystique is such an obscure and outlying character, it doesn't make sense to make her front and center. And she's not very interesting, regardless of how good an actress she is.

Normally you and I agree on much but I am the complete opposite here. I think Mystique is one of the most interesting characters in the verse. What makes her tick, the struggle between the light and darkness in her.

Jennifer Lawrence has added some humanity to the character where before she was just this smiling menacing bad guy. In the comics they do the same thing and explore her relationships and background.

I am going to miss her playing the part. My guess is they recast it and push the character back in future films.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Normally you and I agree on much but I am the complete opposite here. I think Mystique is one of the most interesting characters in the verse. What makes her tick, the struggle between the light and darkness in her.

Jennifer Lawrence has added some humanity to the character where before she was just this smiling menacing bad guy. In the comics they do the same thing and explore her relationships and background.

I am going to miss her playing the part. My guess is they recast it and push the character back in future films.

Yeah we definitely disagree. I think she was bland in DOFP and Magneto/Prof X are much more interesting. Now you add in Jean Grey and she should further be pushed back in the pecking order. And with no Wolverine, she's going to stand out more as a boring character. I think the light/dark dynamic is MUCH better in Magneto.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really look forward to this. Also happy to hear that Jennifer Lawrence has softened her stance on returning to the franchise.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
She is awful in the blue paint and they've revised the character to match the fact that she's a big movie star. Come on, you actually LIKE that??

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
She is awful in the blue paint and they've revised the character to match the fact that she's a big movie star. Come on, you actually LIKE that??

I think the original way they did the body paint was better but that has nothing to do with her character. Do I mind that they give her more time because she is a huge star now? No. Just like I didn't mind them making Wolverine the focus on all the previous movies because Hugh Jackman became a huge star.

Like I said before she was a grinning one dimensional villain in the previous films. I love the fact they are exploring her more. Her backstory and journey is one of the best things they cover in the comics.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think the original way they did the body paint was better but that has nothing to do with her character. Do I mind that they give her more time because she is a huge star now? No. Just like I didn't mind them making Wolverine the focus on all the previous movies because Hugh Jackman became a huge star.

Like I said before she was a grinning 2 dimensional villain in the previous films. I love the fact they are exploring her more. Her backstory and journey is one of the best things they cover in the comics.

I think the sacrifice they make of other characters in order to expand hers is a mistake and a problem in the new movies. And as I said, when she is in the blue paint, she is pretty awful. Rebecca Romaijn was better in that part of the role. Plus, there's something to be said for having a henchman that is mysterious and weird.