X-Men: Days of Future Past

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Matthew Vaughn Drops X-Men Sequel, And Bryan Singer Could Replace Him

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Matt...uel-Bryan-Singer-Could-Replace-Him-33776.html

The X-Men fans who have wished that Bryan Singer would return to the movie franchise have gotten their wish, though I don't think any of them expected it to happen this way. Matthew Vaughn directed X-Men: First Class and was set to begin production on X-Men: Days of Future Past next spring. Now Vaughn is stepping away from the directing job, and 20th Century Fox's top choice to replace him is-- you guessed it-- Bryan Singer.

Singer was a producer on First Class and was planning to play the same role on the sequel; as Deadline notes, if Singer steps up as director, he and Vaughn will essentially be swapping roles, as Vaughn plans to stay on as producer. Vaughn's relationship with the studio isn't over yet either-- he's apparently planning to direct Secret Service, which would make his second adaptation of a Mark Millar graphic novel after Kick-Ass. As you might remember, Vaughn directed that film and then opted not to return for the sequel, which is now in production with Jeff Wadlow directing. We're detecting a trend here.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If its anything like First Class, Ill see it twice.

First class is a legit movie. Forget action, pop corn flicks. It is a really, really good film up there with the likes of Saving Private Ryan and There Will Be blood.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
McKellen & Stewart Return in X-Men: Days of Future Past

http://marvel.com/news/story/19754/...rn_in_x-men_days_of_future_past#ixzz2DTPRr6mI

Bryan Singer announced earlier today that Ian McKellen and Patrick are set to reprise their roles as Magneto and Professor X in "X-Men: Days of Future Past," hitting theaters everywhere July 18, 2014!

Singer also announced that McKellen and Stewart will join returning cast members James McAvoy (Professor X), Michael Fassbender (Magneto), Jennifer Lawrence (Mystique) and Nicholas Hoult (Beast), all of whom appeared in last year's "X-Men: First Class."

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hugh Jackman in Talks to Reprise Wolverine in New 'X-Men' Movie (Exclusive)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/x-men-hugh-jackman-talks-395364

Director Bryan Singer continues to merge past and present X-Men actors for Fox’s X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Sources confirm that Hugh Jackman is in negotiations to reprise his Wolverine role in the movie, which is ostensibly a sequel to X-Men: First Class but will prominently feature actors from the first X-Men trilogy (the first two of which Singer directed).

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hugh Jackman in Talks to Reprise Wolverine in New 'X-Men' Movie (Exclusive)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/x-men-hugh-jackman-talks-395364

Director Bryan Singer continues to merge past and present X-Men actors for Fox’s X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Sources confirm that Hugh Jackman is in negotiations to reprise his Wolverine role in the movie, which is ostensibly a sequel to X-Men: First Class but will prominently feature actors from the first X-Men trilogy (the first two of which Singer directed).

wow... this could be an EPIC X-MEN.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Needs to have Gambit in it. This will be basically Wolverine 2 if done right since Wolverine is the central character as the leader of the mutant rebellion.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the announced mix of the older cast and new cast. I think it's a great idea. This could be an awesome movie.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
off to see this in an hour! Cant wait!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Nailed it. Absolutely nailed it. I get very uncomfortable in theater seats, so I usually check my watch a lot. Only checked it twice this time. Enough said.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Release Date: May 22, 2014 (p.m. screenings)
Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: Bryan Singer
Screenwriter: Simon Kinberg
Genre: Action, Adventure
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for sequences of intense sci-fi violence and action, some suggestive material, nudity and language)
Website: X-Menmovies.com | Trask-Industries.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Starring: Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Hugh Jackman, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Halle Berry, Nicholas Hoult, Ellen Page, Shawn Ashmore, Peter Dinklage, Omar Sy, Daniel Cudmore, Fan Bingbing, Boo Boo Stewart, Adan Canto, Evan Peters, Josh Helman, Lucas Till, Evan Jonigkeit

Plot Summary: The ultimate X-Men ensemble fights a war for the survival of the species across two time periods in "X-Men: Days of Future Past." The beloved characters from the original "X-Men" film trilogy join forces with their younger selves from "X-Men: First Class," in an epic battle that must change the past – to save our future.

You must be registered for see images attach

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It was AWESOME! That's as thorough a review as I can muster I'm too tired!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fantastic movie. Not as much action as I thought there would be but there were many mini-action sequences wrapped in a pretty damn good story which more than made up for it. The best X-Men movie to date IMO. I think this just cracked my top 5 hero movies.

Hell if your a comic book fan, having two good ones in a row is awesome!

Even though they have not announced all the cast for the next movie, this really did feel like a swan song for the original cast. It wouldn't make any sense at all to see their future selves any longer. Would feel really really forced. Although from what I understand the character Apocalypse can travel through time?!? So maybe that's the hook there?!?!

I doubt it though. Seems to be a thank you and we fixed X-MEN United.

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree with everyone on here. Really a lot to love about this movie. I especially appreciated all the times the film would switch to a Zapruder film 8 MM style and show who was filming the scene.

Made it feel like you were half watching an old news film. I really don't know how the Avengers Quicksilver will match up to the X Men one. Stole every scene he was in.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Just got back. Soooooo good. Best of the series! Singer's return was welcome in so many ways! 3-for-3 on his contribution to the series.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty damn good...and wiped X3 from existence.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got to see it in the theater. Freaking AWESOME! My favorite of the series. Just blown away. What a great summer blockbuster!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The X-Men: Days Of Future Past Blu-Ray Will Add A Lot Of Rogue

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/X-Men-Days-Future-Past-Blu-Ray-Add-Lot-Rogue-70654.html

Since the release of X-Men: Days of Future Past last May, there has been a lot of talk of the so-called "Rogue Cut" of the film, featuring scenes of Anna Paquin’s character that had been excised from the theatrical version. An extended cut of the film hits Blu-ray soon and restores this footage, and also adds a significant amount of run time to the movie.

According to Digital Spy, the new extended version of director Bryan Singer’s latest foray into the realm of the super mutant team will be eleven minutes and eleven seconds longer than the original, and feature a bunch of heretofore unseen footage. This brings the full length of the movie up to 142 minutes.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The X-Men: Days Of Future Past Blu-Ray Will Add A Lot Of Rogue

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/X-Men-Days-Future-Past-Blu-Ray-Add-Lot-Rogue-70654.html

Since the release of X-Men: Days of Future Past last May, there has been a lot of talk of the so-called "Rogue Cut" of the film, featuring scenes of Anna Paquin’s character that had been excised from the theatrical version. An extended cut of the film hits Blu-ray soon and restores this footage, and also adds a significant amount of run time to the movie.

According to Digital Spy, the new extended version of director Bryan Singer’s latest foray into the realm of the super mutant team will be eleven minutes and eleven seconds longer than the original, and feature a bunch of heretofore unseen footage. This brings the full length of the movie up to 142 minutes.

Cool. Anyone seen it yet? The extra footage I mean.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Just recently watched it. I agree with you guys, flippin fantastic. Best of the series. Nominated for an academy award for visual effects, but what made it great was the writing/story. Nearly perfect for a superhero movie.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard