WR Rome Odunze

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't think any careers are on the line.

At worse both MHJ and Odunze are going to be Olave level players, who works out best might come down to where they go and who their QB is.

I could absolutely see the Cards FO having nothing between the two players.
If your post is correct, and I think it is, then I would think it makes the most sense to trade with the Giants and select MHJ or Odunze at #6. The only downside is that most Cardinals' fans want MHJ and won't be happy. Of course, I'm not sure that matters.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If your post is correct, and I think it is, then I would think it makes the most sense to trade with the Giants and select MHJ or Odunze at #6. The only downside is that most Cardinals' fans want MHJ and won't be happy. Of course, I'm not sure that matters.

This is my problem. Far too many fans are locked in on it having to be MHJ and anything else is just not acceptable. I think that's a bad move because there really is hardly anything between Odunze and MHJ right now. I can see the FO loving both people, maybe even preferring Odunze, and I think there is a strong chance we trade back and Odunze is the pick.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

This is obviously what makes the most sense and is the position that I think Monti would take. I'm skeptical of the idea that the New York Giants want to trade up. The "smart" way to draft if and when you have multiple needs is to extract as much value from your draft position as possible while you can still get players of equivalent quality.

I feel confident that the Vikes would like to trade up, but I don't see the necessity for them to get up to #4 overall to do so, especially if the cost will be their 2025 first round pick along with the two current firsts they already hold.

I think that's a bad move because there really is hardly anything between Odunze and MHJ right now.

What has changed between now and January or February when you were very confident that MHJ would be at least as good as Justin Jefferson? Were there other games played?

I watched a bunch of plays from OSU-Notre Dame last year, and it was wild the way MHJ distorted the field on every snap. He had the highest percentage of double coverage ever tracked I believe. OSU's QB situation was a disaster last year; the offense in the Notre Dame game seemed to be "Take advantage of the attention that MHJ is drawing by going anywhere else."

I haven't seen that happen in a college game before.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This is obviously what makes the most sense and is the position that I think Monti would take. I'm skeptical of the idea that the New York Giants want to trade up. The "smart" way to draft if and when you have multiple needs is to extract as much value from your draft position as possible while you can still get players of equivalent quality.

I feel confident that the Vikes would like to trade up, but I don't see the necessity for them to get up to #4 overall to do so, especially if the cost will be their 2025 first round pick along with the two current firsts they already hold.

What has changed between now and January or February when you were very confident that MHJ would be at least as good as Justin Jefferson? Were there other games played?

I watched a bunch of plays from OSU-Notre Dame last year, and it was wild the way MHJ distorted the field on every snap. He had the highest percentage of double coverage ever tracked I believe. OSU's QB situation was a disaster last year; the offense in the Notre Dame game seemed to be "Take advantage of the attention that MHJ is drawing by going anywhere else."

I haven't seen that happen in a college game before.
This is actually the most compelling argument to take MHJ. He was double covered like 16% of the time. Next highest was like 8%.

As much as I like Odunze he didn't receive that level of defensive focus because teams had to worry about Polk and McMillan as well.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This is my problem. Far too many fans are locked in on it having to be MHJ and anything else is just not acceptable. I think that's a bad move because there really is hardly anything between Odunze and MHJ right now. I can see the FO loving both people, maybe even preferring Odunze, and I think there is a strong chance we trade back and Odunze is the pick.
I think most here have said they'd be okay with a trade back so long as they get Odunze. I prefer MHJ but would accept Odunze as well.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Odunze and MHJ are both good, willing run blockers too. Nabers is garbage.

Fans very rarely consider this, but teams have it right up there on their list of requirements.
I've read he is actually a fierce blocker. But you're the expert.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don't believe this is true.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I like Rome a lot but he doesn’t have MHJ’s break thru ceiling. If MHJ had a QB last year it’s not a conversation.

Giants - Two 2’s
Vikings - Three 3’s
Raiders - Three 3’s + #44 (and that’s still light)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Rome a lot but he doesn’t have MHJ’s break thru ceiling. If MHJ had a QB last year it’s not a conversation.

Giants - Two 2’s
Vikings - Three 3’s
Raiders - Three 3’s + #44 (and that’s still light)
It's all still a gamble. Many of the best college players never make it big in the pros or have some success and then fade away.

Rome very easily could be the better pro. Time will tell.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Everyone keep talking themselves into Rome is as good as Marvin.

He’s not.
I’ve gone full circle. Loved Marv, then Rome and some more draft picks sounds good. Then I watch Nabers and he looks like a game breaker just not big like we need. Now I’m back to thinking Maserati Marv should be the pick. So I know nothing John snow.

I’m going to sit back and enjoy what ever Monti decides. I’m just glad it isn’t Kiem & his misfits.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard