WR Rome Odunze

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When? Just because they're buddies doesn't mean he advocated to get the guy, lol.
He and Brown talked about it all the time according to this article. Not a huge leap to think that Kyler talked about Hollywood to anyone else in the Cardinals' organization.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Go back a few years and check the board. I remember hearing a lot about it at the time.
Lmao man c’mon you can’t just tell me something else happened & want ME to do the digging for it.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Some people act like Harrison is a God and Odunze is a mere mortal. They are much closer in ability than you think.
Really depends on the tier level and need for this team.

For example, Devonta Smith and Jaylen Waddle are very good. However, Jamar Chase is just a level above them. As good as those other guys are it is a bit a letdown if you dont get "the guy"

Now the draft is a crapshoot. I was the least interested in Justin Jefferson (outside of Reagor) and he ended being the best so far from that 2020 class.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Lmao man c’mon you can’t just tell me something else happened & want ME to do the digging for it.
IDGAF if you believe me or not, so you can dig if you want to. I gave you my recollection and another person gave you theirs. If you don't want to check or believe it, don't. No skin off my back lol

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is honestly why his pedigree means so much to me.

Fitz had it. (grew up around the players and saw the grind).
McCaffrey has it.
Mahomes.
Kyler to some degree.
Paris Johnson
The Bosa family.
The Matthews family.
The Watts.

You just see differences when the son of a professional athlete is also a top-tier stud or the family is born and bred to be athletes. It's not a perfect science, but it checks out in my head. haha

And he's just so freaking good. Outside, inside, contested, separation, hands. All of it. Best WR prospect since the Julio & AJ Green draft IMHO.
You might throw in the Manning family. I think they did ok :biglaugh:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the gut feeling he will be the best receiver, but if I'm staking my career on a player, I'm taking the guy with the pedigree and the name recognition.
The odds are against him being a Hall of Famer, but who knows - maybe he becomes the first son to follow in his father's footsteps in the NFL.

Just have a feeling about Odunze. Love what I have seen about his family, work ethic, etc. besides his on the field talents.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The odds are against him being a Hall of Famer, but who knows - maybe he becomes the first son to follow in his father's footsteps in the NFL.

Just have a feeling about Odunze. Love what I have seen about his family, work ethic, etc. besides his on the field talents.
Daniel Jeremiah's stories about how good of a person Rome is really swayed me.

He's not just a fantastic football player, he is a really good person and citizen.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Unless it's Harrison, you trade back and get the extra picks!
I've read so much about MHJ, I've become convinced that we have to get him. And, while I'm convinced that he's VG, I think the same can be said about Rome Odunze. I'm far from an expert, and if you switched uni's, I'm not sure I could tell the difference.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I've read so much about MHJ, I've become convinced that we have to get him. And, while I'm convinced that he's VG, I think the same can be said about Rome Odunze. I'm far from an expert, and if you switched uni's, I'm not sure I could tell the difference.
I like Nabers the least. He has a gun arrest and just gives me, "Im going to get arrested," vibes.

Plus I like to have a big strong guy who you can't stop even when you know the ball is going to him. MHJ is sort of like that. Odunze fits that description to a tee.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have the gut feeling he will be the best receiver, but if I'm staking my career on a player, I'm taking the guy with the pedigree and the name recognition.

I don't think any careers are on the line.

At worse both MHJ and Odunze are going to be Olave level players, who works out best might come down to where they go and who their QB is.

I could absolutely see the Cards FO having nothing between the two players.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Nabers the least. He has a gun arrest and just gives me, "Im going to get arrested," vibes.

Plus I like to have a big strong guy who you can't stop even when you know the ball is going to him. MHJ is sort of like that. Odunze fits that description to a tee.

Odunze and MHJ are both good, willing run blockers too. Nabers is garbage.

Fans very rarely consider this, but teams have it right up there on their list of requirements.