WR Rome Odunze

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice work!
Thanks !! I also did the 49ers since they're the biggest bully in our division. One first rounder.

San Francisco 49ers
Trent Williams - 1st round (FA signing)
Aaron Banks - 2nd round (SF)
Jake Brendel - UDFA (FA signing)
Spencer Burford - 4th round (SF)
Colton McKivitz - 5th round (SF)
Jaylon Moore - 5th round (SF)
Ben Bartch - 4th round (FA signing)
Jon Feliciano - 4th round (FA signing)
Matt Pryor - 6th round (FA signing)

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Was this take so hot that it couldn't have been posted in any of the current three threads talking about Odunze?

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

The reason I point this out - with multiple threads about the same subject, we all have to click into multiple conversations vs having it all in one thread.
Actually, I am tired of having to search for direct comments on certain players lumped into one, having to filter through one thread just to make a comment on a specific player and even when it does address a certain player the current situation of that player is different than when the thread was started. Threads about one player should have their own thread. Threads about Kyler and the stages of his being a Cardinal should have their own thread. This grouping all into one is doing the opposite, making the ability to address one's thoughts less efficient

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same.

I've gone through this before, but most of the successful teams in the NFL don't have many first-round offensive linemen on their rosters.

When the Cardinals win the SB next year teams will be drafting OL in the first round like crazy... :thumbup:

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Actually, I am tired of having to search for direct comments on certain players lumped into one, having to filter through one thread just to make a comment on a specific player and even when it does address a certain player the current situation of that player is different than when the thread was started. Threads about one player should have their own thread. Threads about Kyler and the stages of his being a Cardinal should have their own thread. This grouping all into one is doing the opposite, making the ability to address one's thoughts less efficient
Thanks for you kind words. I watched Dunze in the playoff games the past week and got excited about him as a fit for the Cards. I wanted opinions from others on him and did not want this buried in a thread that has so many posts that no one reads it any longer. Hey the main purpose of this forum is to share information on our favorite team the Cardinals!!

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Naw he's WR #2 for the Cardinals. Murray needs a big 50/50 ball catcher who is great at tracking the ball down field. Odunze and Nabers had virtually identifical numbers and he has a better size profile.

He's in play @ #4.
If this is true..... Monti is a fool.

Olu, Alt, MHJ, and Caleb are the only four who should be in contention for #4 if we are picking. Anything else is pure lunacy.

Trade back? Maybe. But I'm waiting for all of their numbers.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Why would it be pure lunacy?
Not picking BPA at #4 when our roster has so many holes is crazy to me. Picking the (at best) #2 wr when the #1 Wr, #1 OT, or #1 Qb is on the board is a bad idea. And Alt at #4 on my list because there is zero question that he is the #2OT (A much more important position to WR when making a guess) Nabers, to me and many, is a clear #2 wr but I’m giving the OP the benefit of the doubt that RO may be #2 because there is zero truth to him being WR 1.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Not picking BPA at #4 when our roster has so many holes is crazy to me. Picking the (at best) #2 wr when the #1 Wr, #1 OT, or #1 Qb is on the board is a bad idea. And Alt at #4 on my list because there is zero question that he is the #2OT (A much more important position to WR when making a guess) Nabers, to me and many, is a clear #2 wr but I’m giving the OP the benefit of the doubt that RO may be #2 because there is zero truth to him being WR 1.
Some people act like Harrison is a God and Odunze is a mere mortal. They are much closer in ability than you think.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not picking BPA at #4 when our roster has so many holes is crazy to me. Picking the (at best) #2 wr when the #1 Wr, #1 OT, or #1 Qb is on the board is a bad idea.
Caleb will clearly not make it to our pick so why even bring him up lol. Not even worth talking about.
A much more important position to WR when making a guess)
This is highly debatable, especially in todays league.

I don’t think anyone is debating Nabers or Odunze over MHJ. However, Odunze is very worthy of a top 10 pick. He could be the option in a trade back assuming we stay in the top 10.

Cards Crazy

Veteran
Reaction score
Looked at 20ish mocks and 2/3 of them had the big three QB's going 1,2,3 and the Cards taking MHJ. Which really means squat, but I like it....
Ive seen a lot of mocks saying that also which means MHJ will go #1 followed by the Qb's leaving Us to choose from the rest or trade down "not a bad idea " just like last Year

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
he is the #2OT (A much more important position to WR when making a guess)
There is a more and more widespread theory among former NFL employers and analysts that it is changing which position is in fact the most important. Whereas for many years it have been generally accepted that offensive tackles was the second most important position, now many view a dominant WR as equally- or more important to a offense' success. The thinking is that in the NFL nowadays quarterbacks are so athletic that they are not as dependant on their blockers as before (because they can elude rushers by themselves), while the game is so pass-oriented that pass catchers are more necessary than ever.

Whether you agree or not with the theory, Rome Odunze is very much in play at #4. Which I personally think is correct, but that is beside the point. :)

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a more and more widespread theory among former NFL employers and analysts that it is changing which position is in fact the most important. Whereas for many years it have been generally accepted that offensive tackles was the second most important position, now many view a dominant WR as equally- or more important to a offense' success. The thinking is that in the NFL nowadays quarterbacks are so athletic that they are not as dependant on their blockers as before (because they can elude rushers by themselves), while the game is so pass-oriented that pass catchers are more necessary than ever.

Whether you agree or not with the theory, Rome Odunze is very much in play at #4. Which I personally think is correct, but that is beside the point. :)
We will see how things shake out. The combine always jettison players up and down the board.
Just about Every team in the playoffs has a dynamic wr and some have two.
We have none. Please don’t say Wilson is suddenly going to be dynamic.
Odunze may very well be worth the 4th pick. However, supply and demand might push his value down. Is there that big of a drop from Odunze, Nabers, or Coleman? Do one of those players fit a teams system better than the other?
We need a dynamic Wr. Either in the draft or free agency. There will be great value of having a superstar WR under control for 5 years.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Some people act like Harrison is a God and Odunze is a mere mortal. They are much closer in ability than you think.
Not a mortal but not MHJ. MHJ is the best WR prospect in 10 to 12 years IMO. Nabers is the #1 WR last year. Odunze is a possible top WR last year as well.

Nabers is a top 10 lock IMO and Odunze is a top 15 talent IMO. In a draft with very limited top-tier pass rushers and no super-studs at the CB position, that leaves QB's, OL's, and bona-fide superstar prospects at any position.

Caleb will clearly not make it to our pick so why even bring him up lol. Not even worth talking about.
Because in a world where we are at #4, he must be included as the top 4. But I agree. He wont be there.
This is highly debatable, especially in todays league.
I'm not sure about that. WR's are let go in their prime often via trade or FA. Name a top 5 OT that has that happen. OT's are usually immediately re-upped or Franchised.

Diggs, Reek, AJ, and to a lesser extent, Hollywood all are examples of a teams #1 WR being moved instead of paid. And they have had extreme success elsewhere.

I don’t think anyone is debating Nabers or Odunze over MHJ. However, Odunze is very worthy of a top 10 pick. He could be the option in a trade back assuming we stay in the top 10.
The post right above yours is doing just that. He could be a top 10 pick for sure with the slim top-line pickings at other premium positions.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Not a mortal but not MHJ. MHJ is the best WR prospect in 10 to 12 years IMO. Nabers is the #1 WR last year. Odunze is a possible top WR last year as well.

Nabers is a top 10 lock IMO and Odunze is a top 15 talent IMO. In a draft with very limited top-tier pass rushers and no super-studs at the CB position, that leaves QB's, OL's, and bona-fide superstar prospects at any position.

Because in a world where we are at #4, he must be included as the top 4. But I agree. He wont be there.

I'm not sure about that. WR's are let go in their prime often via trade or FA. Name a top 5 OT that has that happen. OT's are usually immediately re-upped or Franchised.

Diggs, Reek, AJ, and to a lesser extent, Hollywood all are examples of a teams #1 WR being moved instead of paid. And they have had extreme success elsewhere.

The post right above yours is doing just that. He could be a top 10 pick for sure with the slim top-line pickings at other premium positions.
Eh the winds of draft season change things.

The idea of a universal board is a Mel Kiper abomination that no actual NFL team would agree with.

From what we've seen of Kyler, Odunze is 10 times a better fit for what Kyler likes out of a receiver.

Nabers isn't a 50/50 ball guy and Murray needs one in the worst way, not smooth silky YAC guy.

Even the great MHJ wasn't even in the same neighborhood as Odunze on 50/50 balls this year. MHJ caught like 1/3 while Odunze caught near 80%.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Eh the winds of draft season change things.

The idea of a universal board is a Mel Kiper abomination that no actual NFL team would agree with.

From what we've seen of Kyler, Odunze is 10 times a better fit for what Kyler likes out of a receiver.

Nabers isn't a 50/50 ball guy and Murray needs one in the worst way, not smooth silky YAC guy.

Even the great MHJ wasn't even in the same neighborhood as Odunze on 50/50 balls this year. MHJ caught like 1/3 while Odunze caught near 80%.
Dude..... I've been so wrong so many times about draft prospects in the past 10 years...... I could be dead wrong.

I think MHJ is super special. Everything else is deeply subjective in my book. You could be totally right. :shrug:

#IsaiahSimmonsBrain

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I think MHJ is the closest thing to Fitz since he came out of Pittsburgh. His hands, pedigree, and everything about him. He's not the freaks that Julio, Megatron, or AJ Green were but he makes up for that with insanely special aerial prowess and Fitz-level hands. He's plenty fast enough and is just mesmerizing on the field.

Time will tell but again..... take me with a grain of salt.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Trent Williams

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson