WR Rome Odunze

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was 32 when this happened. Important context.
True, but he was still top 5 at the time. He asked for an example; I gave one. Trent should still be in his prime for 3 more years, so I think he qualifies.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Dude..... I've been so wrong so many times about draft prospects in the past 10 years...... I could be dead wrong.

I think MHJ is super special. Everything else is deeply subjective in my book. You could be totally right. :shrug:

#IsaiahSimmonsBrain
We are all wrong A LOT on the draft.

What we don't know is what these people are like. Rarely do we hear that a star college player is a jerk like he might actually be.

My brother knows a guy who used to do sports radio and was close to University of South Carolina's football team. He told my brother that the majority of players are pampered jerks. He spoke highly of Melvin Ingram, said he was a really good dude.

Some of these guys have been the best player every where they have ever been without putting in the work that other people have to. I think this happened to Kyler Murray coming into the NFL.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think MHJ is the closest thing to Fitz since he came out of Pittsburgh. His hands, pedigree, and everything about him. He's not the freaks that Julio, Megatron, or AJ Green were but he makes up for that with insanely special aerial prowess and Fitz-level hands. He's plenty fast enough and is just mesmerizing on the field.

Time will tell but again..... take me with a grain of salt.
I think Odunze is actually closer to how Fitz was in college. Fitz was a jump ball beast just like Odunze. MHJ wasn't this year based on counting stats.

I would actually compare Odunze more to Andre Johnson though. Big, physical and can run too. Fitz even coming out of college wasn't the most fluid of separators.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Trent Williams

He was 32 when this happened. Important context.

True, but he was still top 5 at the time. He asked for an example; I gave one. Trent should still be in his prime for 3 more years, so I think he qualifies.

Trent forced his way out of Washington.
This is the correct answer.

Trent Williams did the Carson Palmer to get out. This wasn't a normal situation where Washington DIDN'T want to sign him.

So technically correct. A top O-Lineman left. But this was a highly contentious fight between the player and the team and not merely a situation like Reek, AJ, Diggs, etc.

Williams, 31, blamed Washington team doctors for misdiagnosing and downplaying a growth on his head, which turned out to be cancer. That was why he skipped offseason activities, training camp, preseason, and the first eight weeks of the 2019 season.
For a brief moment, that looked to be changing, though. New Washington coach Ron Rivera tried his best to mend the relationship with Williams and bring the offensive tackle back.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
We are all wrong A LOT on the draft.

What we don't know is what these people are like. Rarely do we hear that a star college player is a jerk like he might actually be.

My brother knows a guy who used to do sports radio and was close to University of South Carolina's football team. He told my brother that the majority of players are pampered jerks. He spoke highly of Melvin Ingram, said he was a really good dude.

Some of these guys have been the best player every where they have ever been without putting in the work that other people have to. I think this happened to Kyler Murray coming into the NFL.
This is honestly why his pedigree means so much to me.

Fitz had it. (grew up around the players and saw the grind).
McCaffrey has it.
Mahomes.
Kyler to some degree.
Paris Johnson
The Bosa family.
The Matthews family.
The Watts.

You just see differences when the son of a professional athlete is also a top-tier stud or the family is born and bred to be athletes. It's not a perfect science, but it checks out in my head. haha

And he's just so freaking good. Outside, inside, contested, separation, hands. All of it. Best WR prospect since the Julio & AJ Green draft IMHO.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This is honestly why his pedigree means so much to me.

Fitz had it. (grew up around the players and saw the grind).
McCaffrey has it.
Mahomes.
Kyler to some degree.
Paris Johnson
The Bosa family.
The Matthews family.
The Watts.

You just see differences when the son of a professional athlete is also a top-tier stud or the family is born and bred to be athletes. It's not a perfect science, but it checks out in my head. haha

And he's just so freaking good. Outside, inside, contested, separation, hands. All of it. Best WR prospect since the Julio & AJ Green draft IMHO.
Eh he caught 1/3 of contested catches according to that stat that was posted the other day.

MHJ has a higher grade than Julio and AJ though. I'd put Odunze on their level. He really is that good. MHJ is close to Megatron.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do most people here have Odunze as our number 2 wr to get rather than Nabers if Marv is gone?
Good question as both are rated very high and although almost everyone rates Marv as number one they are mixed on both of these guys. I like Odunze higher because he is bigger but it certainly is debatable and I don't feel the Cards would go wrong on drafting either.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who does Kyler want? The team already ignored him once, with Lamb.
Well, he wanted Brown. That hasn’t worked out to well.
I believe Brown will be back. I guess it’s a pill I can swallow if we sign or draft a true #1…and don’t overpay.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When? Just because they're buddies doesn't mean he advocated to get the guy, lol.
Lol! It was very much implicated by the fat guy that was our GM. I’m going to assume Kyler was pretty happy when we got him. I’ll go as far as saying if they asked Kyler today he would like him to stay.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol! It was very much implicated by the fat guy that was our GM. I’m going to assume Kyler was pretty happy when we got him. I’ll go as far as saying if they asked Kyler today he would like him to stay.
So......you're just basing it off because Kyler and Hollywood are buddies, not because Kyler actually advocated for it. Alright, lol.

That's like folks on here saying Kyler doesn't like playing under center despite no evidence whatsoever of him admitting that.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So......you're just basing it off because Kyler and Hollywood are buddies, not because Kyler actually advocated for it. Alright, lol.

That's like folks on here saying Kyler doesn't like playing under center despite no evidence whatsoever of him admitting that.
Wouldn’t you like to work with your buddy? Lol!
Let’s put it this way. If MO asked Murray if we should re-sign Brown, I don’t think he would say no.
The biggest mistake is considering Brown as a true #1 wr. If we get MHJ or Odunze I’d still like a bigger #2. However, with Wilson flashing I’m afraid this staff is going to view this wr room with MHJ,( or Odunze) Brown and Wilson as good enough.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Well, he wanted Brown. That hasn’t worked out to well.
I believe Brown will be back. I guess it’s a pill I can swallow if we sign or draft a true #1…and don’t overpay.
He didn't even know about the trade until the day it happened. Brown had to keep it a secret.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Let’s put it this way. If MO asked Murray if we should re-sign Brown, I don’t think he would say no.
The biggest mistake is considering Brown as a true #1 wr. If we get MHJ or Odunze I’d still like a bigger #2. However, with Wilson flashing I’m afraid this staff is going to view this wr room with MHJ,( or Odunze) Brown and Wilson as good enough.
I've had very few buddies that I've actually wanted to work with, because the last thing I want is my friendship to get in the way of my job. It's kind of like working with your spouse.. more often than not it's a disaster.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Also asking Murray if he wants Brown back and him saying yes is not exactly the same as him vocally lobbying for guys like CeeDee Lamb. Kyler had a very strong opinion going into that draft about lamb. I'm not so sure he had the same opinion about Brown. I'm just saying asking him if he has a strong opinion regarding Harrison or Odunze or whomever, should at least be considered. He may very well say it doesn't matter to him as long as it's a wide receiver he can trust and that the team trusts.. but he also may be looking at tape and seeing the skill sets that each of these guys have and have an opinion on who he might work best with on the field.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had very few buddies that I've actually wanted to work with, because the last thing I want is my friendship to get in the way of my job. It's kind of like working with your spouse.. more often than not it's a disaster.
No comparison working with a spouse! Lol!
I’m retired but play in a band. Playing with a friend that is an “8” is way better than working with a jerk that’s a “9”.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

It was widely reported at the time.