Wonder Woman

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.filmfetish.com/2010/10/01/new-wonder-woman-television-show-in-the-works-at-warner-bros/

Wonder Woman may be headed to the small screen instead of the big screen, according to LiveFeed. The report indicates that Warner Bros. Television is developing a modern-day reboot of the classic DC comic book heroine and has nabbed David E. Kelley, the showrunner behind legal dramas such as Ally McBeal, Boston Legal and The Practice, to steer the project.

This comes after nearly a decade of attempts by Warner Bros. and producer Joel Silver to mount a big-screen version of the heroine’s adventures.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'd think DC would want this done in both formats. It's really one of the only avenues for girls to get into comic books and the various associated media.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
You'd think DC would want this done in both formats. It's really one of the only avenues for girls to get into comic books and the various associated media.

You might think so, but Wonder Woman really isn't a good property for movies. Why do you think it's taken so long to get the movie project off the ground? I've been hearing about it for years and years.

Girls and superhero movies just don't translate to box office numbers. Even if the lead is a woman. Television is a much smarter way to go.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
. Television is a much smarter way to go.
I'll take your word for it; just seems odd to me.

But if I were a DC exec, I'd be pushing for a wonder woman to show up in all sorts of things--from Green Lantern and Batman to taking a bigger part in the JLA cartoon.

JMHO

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
David E. Kelley's "Wonder Woman" television series has failed to find a network pickup at NBC, says a story at The Hollywood Reporter.

The pilot was written by Kelley and directed by Jeffrey Reiner ("The Event") and also featured Elizabeth Hurley, Pedro Pascal, Tracie Thoms and Cary Elwes in the cast.

Read more: NBC Passes on Wonder Woman - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=77500#ixzz1MF4yNNPo

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to be honest...sort of relieved. I didn't like the casting of WW one bit and then there were lots of stories about how "camp" the pilot being shot was. I think audiences don't want to see campy Superhero shows anymore or movies for that matter. This one had camp written all over it.

I know the diehards wouldn't like it but IMO for a character like this to thrive and shed the camp it has to be re-imagined. They should have stuck with the new costume and went with a fresh approach. They should have stuck to their guns and ignored the LOUD but few "traditionalist" screaming about the show.

The TV show never would have made it based on die hard fan base anyway. Shows like this only make it when they appeal to a wider audience.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Supergirl > Wonderwoman anyways! :p