WK 4 Arizona Cardinals @ Carolina Panthers Pre Game Thread. 09/28/20-10/3/20

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Bridgewater looked good last week. I watched part of that game. We have top bring the rush! We need to be tighter coverage because he looked pretty accurate on his throws.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Could have avoided 2, maybe 3, interceptions this year if he just took the sack.

1 against WFT and that interception against Detroit (was still in FG range)

Obviously should have just ran instead of throwing cross his body to Hopkins since he's just no good at that yet.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
by game 5 we will know who this team is. At the moment it seems we have pretender...

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It doesn't take long to be brought back down to earth in the NFL. Prior to the Lions debacle, the national media was talking about the Cards perhaps being 6-0 going into the Seattle game and Kyler being in the MVP discussion. Hopefully KM takes his serving of humble pie and starts learning from his mistakes and gets serious about trying being a great passer. Is he going to calm down in the pocket and show the same poise and skill he does on designed runs? Is he going to go through his progressions consistenly, look off defenders and step into his throws? Far too often it seems he has decided who the ball is going to prior to the snap. It still feels like the game hasn't slowed down for KM as much as we'd like. When he does actually read the play he is too often missing his man high or putting too much mustard on the hotdog. This franchise (and almost all West Coast teams) are absolutely abysmal at early start games on the East Coast. Our secondary is in trouble this week with injuries killing the safty spot and I am a bit concernced about VJ's seeming complete lack of creativity in his playcalling. After being an incredible stregth the first two weeks the special teams were downright terrible vs. the Lions.

If the Lions game is any idication of the future for the rest of this season the Cards are literally going to have to paly mistake free football to win most games. I honestly do not feel positive about this game due the early east coast start and see this as a loss.

The real question now is, can this team get to the Seattle game at .500?

Carolina 24 Cardials 17.
Hell, right now I'd settle for KM just looking to see if Isabella is open on any passing down plus us outscoring them in a 55-52 shootout lol.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First game this season I have a bad feeling about.

I'm feeling upbeat about it IF we run Kyler more. Carolina are 21st in rushing yards allowed per game and 2th in passing yards allowed. They have one of the lowest QB hits in the league and are dead last in sacks with only 0.7 per game.

If we don't over think it we should win.

(Obvs now they have 5 sacks and limit us to 200 yards}

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
First game this season I have a bad feeling about.

Really? I am feeling the opposite, this team should be angry and they should come out and stomp the Panthers. Kyler especially.

I was much more worried about the Lions and that offense.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hop on the injury report isn’t good

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If they don't fix the mental mistakes, I can see Cards going all 1996 and giving JETS their only win this year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

No. The Jets is the one team I do not think there is any chance the cards lose to. They are abysmal.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson