WK 4 Arizona Cardinals @ Carolina Panthers Pre Game Thread. 09/28/20-10/3/20

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd like to see K1 stop throwing it in to squares and start practicing roll outs in each direction, setting his feet to throw, and chucking it 20 yards down field to a WR.

Or at least, make the squares move laterally so he can practice not throwing behind his target

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to see K1 stop throwing it in to squares and start practicing roll outs in each direction, setting his feet to throw, and chucking it 20 yards down field to a WR.
You must be registered for see images

Guarantee the 49ers and Rams (maybe even the Seahawks) work on this extensively.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
His interceptions were thrown into what looked like double or triple coverage last game. That was the entire difference in the game last week. There were open receivers on each of those plays. Gotta see them.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Things I want to see vs the Panthers

A dominant O line - We don't have one, but the Panthers line is poor. They are the worse in the league at getting sacks and they are bottom 3rd in yards allowed vs the run.
Improved CB play - The Panthers have some good receivers and they are all quick but Teddy B is a limited QB. I want to see our CB's mirror better (they have been really poor) and make some plays that most CB's wouldn't be expected to make.
A more varied passing game - The Panthers are 24th in passing yards allowed. They have rookie Troy Pride starting at CB (should be on Kirk) and he has been poor. I want to see Kirk shine. Donte Jackson should be in Nuk's pocket all game. Jackson is decent but he isn't Nuk level.

We do all that. We win comfortably.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If i had to make a guess, and it is just that, I would say that the focus is on Kyler moving UP in the pocket more than moving laterally out of the pocket. That said, I would not object to some designed roll-outs.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Darren Urban
@Cardschatter

·
31m

Couple things to keep an eye on after open part of #AZCardinals practice. WR DeAndre Hopkins (ankle) went inside as practice was starting. Didn't see LB Devon Kennard (calf). Both S Budda Baker (thumb) and Chris Banjo (hamstring) not present, not a surprise.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Josh Weinfuss
@joshweinfuss

·
33m

Cardinals WR DeAndre Hopkins went into the facility at the start of open practice today. No S Chris Banjo, LB Devon Kennard or S Budda Baker again. WR Larry Fitzgerald and DT Corey Peters were back today.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Kyle Odegard
@Kyle_Odegard

·
19s

Patrick Peterson said rookie Isaiah Simmons hasn’t been practicing at safety for the Cardinals this week.
I am not sure I trust anyone on the team to give inside info, but it will be more shocking for me to see Vance switch Simmons to S vs not. Vance is stubborn and about assignment football. I don't see him playing a rookie at S that he hasn't had practicing at S and does not know the S coverage assignments. Vance would rather go with a less talented vet or someone who has been in the DB room.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Josh Weinfuss
@joshweinfuss

·
4m

Larry Fitzgerald on whether he thinks DeAndre Hopkins will play Sunday despite his ankle injury: “I'm not a doctor. I'm not a medical physician. I dont know how to assess and diagnose injuries.” And then: “We need him. We need him for his playmaking abilities."

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Darren Urban
@Cardschatter

·
10m

Larry Fitzgerald (1 catch, 0 yards) on Kliff Kingsbury saying he needs to do better job getting Fitz the ball. "I do appreciate him saying that but I don't want my head coach answering questions about any one player being targeted. ... Wherever the ball goes, it goes."

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
John McClain
@McClain_on_NFL
· 43m
For all those worried about DeAndre Hopkins missing practice with an ankle injury: He always answers the bell! As Aaron Rodgers might say: R-E-L-A-X!

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Darren Urban
@Cardschatter

·
10m

Larry Fitzgerald (1 catch, 0 yards) on Kliff Kingsbury saying he needs to do better job getting Fitz the ball. "I do appreciate him saying that but I don't want my head coach answering questions about any one player being targeted. ... Wherever the ball goes, it goes."
What a class act.

Larry has the right attitude for all players.

We are so fortunate to have someone like him on out team.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard