Wk 11-Arizona Cardinals @ Seattle Seahawks Pre Game Thread 11/15/21-11/20/21

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree, with the caveat that our OL can't be a MASH unit, but...the above is a big ask ATM. When WILL KM be playing again? Even when he's back, will he be MVP KM or will he be struggles playing injured KM? The latter isn't a good player, from what we've seen. I'm all kinds of nervous and worried that we'll hit another huge slide mostly because of the KM injury. It's not because of one game, although I of course reacted badly to that one game. It's our star QB. If he's not back and healthy enough to be himself, I don't care who else we have--we're toast.

We could put Blake Bortles in at QB and still crawl our way into the playoffs.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree, with the caveat that our OL can't be a MASH unit, but...the above is a big ask ATM. When WILL KM be playing again? Even when he's back, will he be MVP KM or will he be struggles playing injured KM? The latter isn't a good player, from what we've seen. I'm all kinds of nervous and worried that we'll hit another huge slide mostly because of the KM injury. It's not because of one game, although I of course reacted badly to that one game. It's our star QB. If he's not back and healthy enough to be himself, I don't care who else we have--we're toast.
I'm concerned about him being rusty

We've seen that before and his throws are off

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
I’m amazed at some of the koolaiders jumping off the team. Other than watt none of our injuries are season ending and it’s only week 10 in a 17 game season. We have 7 weeks, including our bye, to get everyone back, and back to full health, before the playoffs even start. That’s plenty of time to keep the super bowl aspirations alive.
Desperately hope youre correct, the middle of this season so far has an incredible amount of upsets and ( sadly ) injuries for many teams.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rams plays Green Bay next week. Win - Win for us.

Seahawks game is huge in that context which is why I think Kyler and Nuk will be back.

I should be clear GB have Vikings THIS week. Rams is during our bye week. Got that mixed up.

Rams are on a BYE this week. Still an important game to put us 2.5 wins up and put the pressure on them.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Desperately hope youre correct, the middle of this season so far has an incredible amount of upsets and ( sadly ) injuries for many teams.
But we are going to be the following players back:

Kyler
Hop
Pugh
Garcia
Edmonds
Lawrence (was he still out?)

And AJ will get further from covid, Collins further from shoulder injury.

In essence if we have some luck we will be healthy sans watt and some of the players won’t have the full season wear and tear for having missed 2-5 games here and there.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Rams plays Green Bay next week. Win - Win for us.

Seahawks game is huge in that context which is why I think Kyler and Nuk will be back.
If we beat Seattle we move to 4-0 in the division. I think that means we can only be tied on the division record front if we get there.

HUGE GAME.

I'd risk Kyler at 80 or 95% personally knowing that we have the bye then the Bears on the road. That could give him 3 more weeks off after that game if needed before Monday night at home versus the Rams.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we beat Seattle we move to 4-0 in the division. I think that means we can only be tied on the division record front if we get there.

HUGE GAME.

I'd risk Kyler at 80 or 95% personally knowing that we have the bye then the Bears on the road. That could give him 3 more weeks off after that game if needed before Monday night at home versus the Rams.

This game is huge on so many levels:

-Keeping Seattle out of the playoffs
-Staying ahead of the Rams so that even if we lose against them on Monday night we could still be ahead of them if our records are tied
-Keeping up with GB for the 1st round bye

This game is everything!!! Free K1!!!

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
This game is huge on so many levels:

-Keeping Seattle out of the playoffs
-Staying ahead of the Rams so that even if we lose against them on Monday night we could still be ahead of them if our records are tied
-Keeping up with GB for the 1st round bye

This game is everything!!! Free K1!!!
At some point, you need to go out and play the damn game ( or LET him go out and play the damn game ).

TheCardinal

Veteran
Reaction score

HUGE GAME.

Excellent point about the division tie-breakers. We’d be very close to clinching tie-breakers over the Rams should we beat Seattle. Due to H2H, Division, and Common Games records, the only way I see for the Rams to then reclaim the tie-breaker advantage would be for:

- Cards lose to LAR and SEA, but beat Dallas

PLUS

- Rams beat SEA and SF, but lose to Baltimore

The Dallas/Baltimore outcomes would be necessary to force a tie in common games (our loss to Carolina hurts less since it was a non-common game). I believe it is only in this scenario (should we win this weekend) would the Rams win a tie-breaker over us, winning on conference record.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excellent point about the division tie-breakers. We’d be very close to clinching tie-breakers over the Rams should we beat Seattle. Due to H2H, Division, and Common Games records, the only way I see for the Rams to then reclaim the tie-breaker advantage would be for:

- Cards lose to LAR and SEA, but beat Dallas

PLUS

- Rams beat SEA and SF, but lose to Baltimore

The Dallas/Baltimore outcomes would be necessary to force a tie in common games (our loss to Carolina hurts less since it was a non-common game). I believe it is only in this scenario (should we win this weekend) would the Rams win a tie-breaker over us, winning on conference record.

Ahhh, the mind-numbing permutations of playoff possibilities commences!! My brain can't absorb it!!

o_O

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn