Wk 11-Arizona Cardinals @ Seattle Seahawks Pre Game Thread 11/15/21-11/20/21

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Back in august if someone had told any of you that the Redbirds would be 8-3 at the bye... you would have been thrilled.
I wanna win them all of course .... but I ain’t tripping if we sit our banged up starters and lose this game.
We would greatly benefit from going into the second half healthy. Iirc the hardest part of our schedule is past. So if we get back to 100% health we should breeze through the second half and build some momentum for the playoffs

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The fact they are reporting on McCoys injury status tells me he is slated to start against seahawks.

I think by now we can deduce that K1 has a moderate high ankle sprain. The only reason they didnt IR him was to see if he could make some semi miraculous recovery.

As for Hopkins i fear that they are hoping his severe hamstring injury heals up magically but I fear he will be shelved another 3-4 games.

This team will most likely be an 11 or 12 win team which is more than we probably could have hoped for but as it stands right now the injury bug just took this teams super bowl hopes and flushed them.
I’m amazed at some of the koolaiders jumping off the team. Other than watt none of our injuries are season ending and it’s only week 10 in a 17 game season. We have 7 weeks, including our bye, to get everyone back, and back to full health, before the playoffs even start. That’s plenty of time to keep the super bowl aspirations alive.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Back in august if someone had told any of you that the Redbirds would be 8-3 at the bye... you would have been thrilled.
I wanna win them all of course .... but I ain’t tripping if we sit our banged up starters and lose this game.
We would greatly benefit from going into the second half healthy. Iirc the hardest part of our schedule is past. So if we get back to 100% health we should breeze through the second half and build some momentum for the playoffs

Schedule is not bad, but not really great after the break. A couple of winnable games against CHI and DET, but tough ones against DAL, LA and IND. Throw in a division games vs. SEA...

HammerCards

Veteran
Reaction score
The fact they are reporting on McCoys injury status tells me he is slated to start against seahawks.

I think by now we can deduce that K1 has a moderate high ankle sprain. The only reason they didnt IR him was to see if he could make some semi miraculous recovery.

As for Hopkins i fear that they are hoping his severe hamstring injury heals up magically but I fear he will be shelved another 3-4 games.

This team will most likely be an 11 or 12 win team which is more than we probably could have hoped for but as it stands right now the injury bug just took this teams super bowl hopes and flushed them.
Hahahaha

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m amazed at some of the koolaiders jumping off the team. Other than watt none of our injuries are season ending and it’s only week 10 in a 17 game season. We have 7 weeks, including our bye, to get everyone back, and back to full health, before the playoffs even start. That’s plenty of time to keep the super bowl aspirations alive.

Yup. And the league is WIDE OPEN this year. Get Kyler and Hop healthy and I think we start ripping through people again.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would play Kyler because going with Streveler or an injured McCoy is basically forfeiting. Wilson won’t look that bad again. #ToradolTime
McCoy seems to be doing ok.

I could maybe understand having Streveler on the practice squad all year. However, no idea why he was using up a roster spot (pre-Kyler injury). No one would have claimed him. And I doubt anyone will claim him next year.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think by now we can deduce that K1 has a moderate high ankle sprain.
Nope, thankfully, it's just an eversion sprain.

...dave

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Does Kyler need to be 100% to play against Seattle?
If he is 95% can we just play him to avoid another loss?

If he’s 70% he needs to play. Is your body ever fully healthy over the course of an NFL season?

He needs to play period. The psychological boost that Carolina got by playing Cam was real. No more being cautious for January. Cards need to keep winning. Winning now matters. Winning this division matters.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Yeah, saying this team doesn’t have super bowl aspirations while having the best record in the league after week 10 is most definitely a stretch.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Fans are so fickle. 7 days ago McCoy was one of the best backups in the league and people had him ranked as a high priority to extend.

Now he's trash and always been trash.

Both are wrong. He's always been somewhere in between.
No he really is trash.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
If he’s 70% he needs to play. Is your body ever fully healthy over the course of an NFL season?

He needs to play period. The psychological boost that Carolina got by playing Cam was real. No more being cautious for January. Cards need to keep winning. Winning now matters. Winning this division matters.
Just get the feeling like Kliff wants him to still run around.

Seahawks will likely play soft coverage so its possible McCoy will be effective again. However, Im not too worried about Seattle's pass rush like the 49ers so I think Kyler could play. He did ok with a pulled hamstring vs the Rams his rookie year.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I barely watched but wasn't the weather a big factor too?

It stopped snowing before the game. It was cold, but then it was cold for everyone. The field was protected so no snow involved.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yup. And the league is WIDE OPEN this year. Get Kyler and Hop healthy and I think we start ripping through people again.
I agree, with the caveat that our OL can't be a MASH unit, but...the above is a big ask ATM. When WILL KM be playing again? Even when he's back, will he be MVP KM or will he be struggles playing injured KM? The latter isn't a good player, from what we've seen. I'm all kinds of nervous and worried that we'll hit another huge slide mostly because of the KM injury. It's not because of one game, although I of course reacted badly to that one game. It's our star QB. If he's not back and healthy enough to be himself, I don't care who else we have--we're toast.