With James Conner Ailing, Cardinals Claim Running Back

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Doesn’t sound as though Conner will be returning anytime soon. I’ll just say it, we won’t win a game without him.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rondale Moore is not a running back. They will spot him there. He will never backup Conner. So running backs with speed never run between the tackles? Really?

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Want more evidence of a tank? When Mack was injured, knowing Gannon intended to run, no comparable backup was acquired. Now that Connor is injured, Gannon is compromised.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Rondale Moore is not a running back. They will spot him there. He will never backup Conner. So running backs with speed never run between the tackles? Really?
Again, we are talking about 10 touches a game in a RB role, not a 15 carry a game role. Evidence is that Moore is far more impactful as a RB. He has 81 yards receiving and 116 yards rushing this year. One or two carries between the tackles won't him either.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
On gimmick plays. He would get killed running between tackles.
A toss sweep with a faked end around action is a gimmick?

An inside zone run out of a trips formation is a gimmick?

Maybe I am misremembering his big plays but I am pretty sure that was it.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Jones acquisition is a waste. He’s slow and lacks agility. He can’t usually get to the outside. He’s strictly a downhill runner who needs holes but cannot make cuts to produce a significant gain. He’s a plodder. I don’t think this O-line is capable of creating useful holes often enough for this guy to help. He might be targeted at wearing down a D-line, but with rotations that rarely works. Finally he’s not much of a receiver. He is good at picking up blitzes.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Jones acquisition is a waste. He’s slow and lacks agility. He can’t usually get to the outside. He’s strictly a downhill runner who needs holes but cannot make cuts to produce a significant gain. He’s a plodder. I don’t think this O-line is capable of creating useful holes often enough for this guy to help. He might be targeted at wearing down a D-line, but with rotations that rarely works. Finally he’s not much of a receiver. He is good at picking up blitzes.
With Jordan McLaughlin and Perine in Denver, I would have made a call to the Broncos and see what Javonte Williams would cost. They might not or would want too much, but it would be worth a call.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In 4 years in the NFL he averaged 2.8 yards for carry

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard