Will there be a game tonight?

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I have a friend that has been stuck in Denver Airport since Tuesday and they said no one can even leave until Saturday. I don't know if we are going to have a game tonight and if we do how are we going to play being stuck in Denver then fligh home 2 hours before the game?

As of this morning (Dec. 22) the Suns are scheduled to depart from Denver at 2 p.m. The Suns are set to host the Washington Wizards tonight at US Airways Center beginning at 8:30 p.m.
In the event the game is postponed, tickets to the Suns-Wizards contest will be honored at the rescheduled game. At this time, no date has been determined for a rescheduled game. Check with Suns.com throughout the day for the latest updates.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a friend that has been stuck in Denver Airport since Tuesday and they said no one can even leave until Saturday. I don't know if we are going to have a game tonight and if we do how are we going to play being stuck in Denver then fligh home 2 hours before the game?

As of this morning (Dec. 22) the Suns are scheduled to depart from Denver at 2 p.m. The Suns are set to host the Washington Wizards tonight at US Airways Center beginning at 8:30 p.m.
In the event the game is postponed, tickets to the Suns-Wizards contest will be honored at the rescheduled game. At this time, no date has been determined for a rescheduled game. Check with Suns.com throughout the day for the latest updates.

If the Suns do not make this game either, not only will we miss the game, but we may miss the game in HD. :(

sunsfn

Reaction score
From suns.com
--------------------------------------
Suns Travel Update

Updated: Dec. 22, 2006, 1:30 p.m.
The Suns are now scheduled to depart from Colorado Springs at approximately 4 p.m. today. The team is set to arrive in Phoenix close to 5:30 p.m.
The Suns will host the Washington Wizards tonight at US Airways Center beginning at 8:30 p.m. Check with Suns.com throughout the day for the latest updates.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From suns.com
--------------------------------------
Suns Travel Update

Updated: Dec. 22, 2006, 1:30 p.m.
The Suns are now scheduled to depart from Colorado Springs at approximately 4 p.m. today. The team is set to arrive in Phoenix close to 5:30 p.m.
The Suns will host the Washington Wizards tonight at US Airways Center beginning at 8:30 p.m. Check with Suns.com throughout the day for the latest updates.

yeesh - that's cutting it a little close, no? if this game gets played tonight, it's definitely the end of the streak. Damn that blizzard!!!!

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
If the Nuggets game was on national TV there is no way they would have canceled it. As it stands, since tonight's is, the Suns are gonna get a raw deal and likely have to play.

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score
If the Nuggets game was on national TV there is no way they would have canceled it. As it stands, since tonight's is, the Suns are gonna get a raw deal and likely have to play.

even if it was game 7 of the finals it wouldn't of been played. The weather was that bad.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it was funny when Al McCoy was complaining about being stuck in the hotel room and running out of movies to watch. Meanwhile, all the players under 30 are probably relishing the opportunity to dedicate a whole day to their xBox/ps3/psp/computer games or whatever. I wonder if anyone got any sleep last night.

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
even if it was game 7 of the finals it wouldn't of been played. The weather was that bad.
I agree. They wouldn't have played any game in that sever of weather. No one could have gotten to the arena fan wise without risking their safety.

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
yeesh - that's cutting it a little close, no? if this game gets played tonight, it's definitely the end of the streak. Damn that blizzard!!!!

Tonight's game will be one whopper of a test for the Suns. Considering the chaos of the last two days, getting into town right before they're due at USAC, and Arenas' vendetta promise to drop at least 50 on Phoenix, it'll be a big accomplishment if they can pull out a win. I think they can do it.

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
I did read that they were able to get in a practice yesterday. And also passed some of their time with snowball fights..........

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I dont understand what everyone is talking about, in terms of how much the travel/etc.. is gonna cost us in terms of energy . Washington played a game last night, the suns haven't played one since tuesday.

Yeah travel sucks, but it was a 1.5 hour flight. If Washington had a day of rest, and was waiting in Phx then that is an excuse. If we lose tonight, I dont think we can use lack of energy as an excuse.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be upset if the Lakers had to travel and play like that. Raw deal for the Suns.

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
I dont understand what everyone is talking about, in terms of how much the travel/etc.. is gonna cost us in terms of energy . Washington played a game last night, the suns haven't played one since tuesday.

Yeah travel sucks, but it was a 1.5 hour flight. If Washington had a day of rest, and was waiting in Phx then that is an excuse. If we lose tonight, I dont think we can use lack of energy as an excuse.

I don't really think there will be any lack of energy -- Marion will probably be even more hyperactice than usual, if that's possible. I meant more the past few days with all the uncertainty about if, when, where, how, etc. -- one game cancelled, the next game "iffy" and all that. Could be disruptive. Come to think of it, though, there are so many people handling all the necessary arrangements and details that maybe they'll be just fine. Hope so.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort