Why you fire Kingsbury now

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
While I do think that could force Michael’s hand I just can’t root for the Rams. Watching us get dismantled last week should’ve been enough though.

The way the Rams were cheap-shotting us in the playoff game? I hope they get beat 70-0 today. @ssholes. F those pr!cks.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We're in a tough spot.

I don't think canning KK would leave us in great shape. But taking a "go slo" approach to coaching changes won't change our sorry situation either,

Ideally, MB and KK should have an honest, frank sitdown to air actions and policies that warrant serious change from this past year. (In a healthier environment, MB should bring in the entire staff). If a staff member doesn't agree to change course...can him and bring in a more aggressive replacement.

I realize walking the middle road isn't very sexy, but tweaking rather than blowing the whole deal up may be the wiser way to go.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is now a full week after the end of the season and it is totally obvious to me no changes are going to be made. Twenty five percent of jobs are open in the NFL. So, if Bidwill is going to make changes you can't sit on your hands this long. No moves so far.

Think about it...

After the Dallas game they were publicly touting that Kingsbury should be coach of the year. That is not a franchise that is thinking about shaking it up. And, I am sure the last two games only effect is to put more pressure on Kingsbury going into next season.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is today, but not early in the season and probably not forever. Lots of young abs have early success nothing gaurantees those guys stay the same level. Kyler needs to get better but has progressed from his rookie camp sumo doubt, one has to wonder how good he could be with solid legitimate NFL coaching. Kliff has done him no favors IMO we need better coaching, shoot with a solid defense we probably win 14 this season. Our putrid D makes us need to score 30 to win that’s not sustainable in the NFL! Hence our late season collapses a few injuries here or there and boom your offense takes a hit and the D can’t be trusted to stop anyone! We consistently make back ups look like ******* pro bowlers! We need to sign Ertz as besides Dhop he is the only legitimate receiver we have! Green sucks and disappears far too often, Kirk can’t be trusted, rondale is a question mark but staying healthy may be a huge concern with his size. I mean I watch other teams and receivers consistently make great catches to help their QBs out, our idiots drop balls hitting them in the hands? It’s frustrating as they drop balls don’t get separation regularly! It’s like this team doesn’t get coached properly, consistently making dumb mistakes and penalties, being out of position, I mean we come out of time outs and commit penalties all the time what the hell is going on with this staff?
This falls on Keim big time. Hopkins is great. Kirk is a weak #3 at best WHEN Hopkins is in the lineup. There are a dozen wr’s that could have done what Green did this year.
I think the offense is closer to getting to a point of very good.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This falls on Keim big time. Hopkins is great. Kirk is a weak #3 at best WHEN Hopkins is in the lineup. There are a dozen wr’s that could have done what Green did this year.
I think the offense is closer to getting to a point of very good.
Agreed we sat around and haven’t gotten much better at WR, Larry spoiled them for years, I don’t think even Larry had a quality running mate since Boldin! Man Lamb would have looked good in Cardinal red, but we’d rather draft players and not play them geesh!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He is today, but not early in the season and probably not forever. Lots of young abs have early success nothing gaurantees those guys stay the same level. Kyler needs to get better but has progressed from his rookie camp sumo doubt, one has to wonder how good he could be with solid legitimate NFL coaching. Kliff has done him no favors IMO we need better coaching, shoot with a solid defense we probably win 14 this season. Our putrid D makes us need to score 30 to win that’s not sustainable in the NFL! Hence our late season collapses a few injuries here or there and boom your offense takes a hit and the D can’t be trusted to stop anyone! We consistently make back ups look like ******* pro bowlers! We need to sign Ertz as besides Dhop he is the only legitimate receiver we have! Green sucks and disappears far too often, Kirk can’t be trusted, rondale is a question mark but staying healthy may be a huge concern with his size. I mean I watch other teams and receivers consistently make great catches to help their QBs out, our idiots drop balls hitting them in the hands? It’s frustrating as they drop balls don’t get separation regularly! It’s like this team doesn’t get coached properly, consistently making dumb mistakes and penalties, being out of position, I mean we come out of time outs and commit penalties all the time what the hell is going on with this staff?
The only person holding Kyler back is Kyler.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
A lot of posters want to look at the season as a whole (I don’t know if you’re one). On that level these guys are better than kyler. I also don’t think we see the same volatility (great to awful) in performance that we see with kyler.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Let’s face it, this is why the Cards are now sitting at home and having to watch their division rivals succeed where they have failed: Shanahan and McVay are solid, creative HCs. KK, on the other hand, is not. His hiring was sadly based on the fact that he looks like (i.e. resembles) them. Nothing more.
Lol. I give keim and mine more credit than that and I’m no kliff fan.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For all the Kliff hate, if Kyler plays good, but u spectacularly, the Cardinals probably win two more games at a minimum.

I think fan expectations on Kliff are completely unreasonable as far as Kyler is concerned.
The same could be said if the D didn’t routinely give up 30+ we would win more games as well. Coaching staff sucks!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The same could be said if the D didn’t routinely give up 30+ we would win more games as well. Coaching staff sucks!
You don't win 11 games with:

No talent
A terrible GM
terrible offensive play calling
Terrible offensive game plan
Terrible game management
Terrible defensive scheme
Terrible defensive play calling

This is what the near consensus on this board is right now. A bad coaching staff and front office doesn't do this. There are some issues, sure, but this chicken little routine is hilarious.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

No talent
A terrible GM
Terrible game management

This is what the near consensus on this board is right now. A bad coaching staff and front office doesn't do this. There are some issues, sure, but this chicken little routine is hilarious.
There are a bunch of very reactionary fans on this board and if they had hiring/firing power this team would go 0-16 every season.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

No talent
A terrible GM
Terrible game management

You win 11 games but still aren't good enough by:
Not having enough talent, especially in depth, but some stellar players at key positions
A terrible GM that hasn't delivered enough in the 1st one
Inconsistent play calling that can be great but is often poorly coordinated
Inconsistent game planning with seemingly none in some games but good plans in others
DEFINITELY terrible game management
Bend but don't break defensive scheme that is so inflexible Stout could do yoga better than it
Refer to the last one on defensive play calling

When the offense was clicking, bend but don't break worked. It doesn't work when it needs to pick up the offense's slack. Make KK an offensive coordinator that has to answer to and gameplan with a head coach, and he might excel. He simply isn't a head coach.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

No talent
A terrible GM
Terrible game management

You’re right. But when you do an el foldo something went awry. The issue is, none of us really know the primary culprit. Some think it’s all kliff. Some think it’s all kyler. Some want vance’s head. Personally I think we have a bad mix. I think kliff and Kyler both have shortcomings as leaders which makes them a bad pairing. I also think they are a bad pairing for each other, as stated before in the board. I think kliff needs a QB who is more self-motivated and and a grinder. I think kyler needs a coach that’s going to hold him accountable and not be totally bro’ed out. I think Keim’s draft record speaks for itself and his free agent record this past offseason was spotty at best. And I think in spite of his record this year I’m not impressed with vance’s defensive calls/scheme.

I think the failure is a result of both talent and coaching deficiencies. The fact that it’s happened in 13 straight seasons to kliff is, to me, deafening.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You’re right. But when you do an el foldo something went awry. The issue is, none of us really know the primary culprit. Some think it’s all kliff. Some think it’s all kyler. Some want vance’s head. Personally I think we have a bad mix. I think kliff and Kyler both have shortcomings as leaders which makes them a bad pairing. I also think they are a bad pairing for each other, as stated before in the board. I think kliff needs a QB who is more self-motivated and and a grinder. I think kyler needs a coach that’s going to hold him accountable and not be totally bro’ed out. I think Keim’s draft record speaks for itself and his free agent record this past offseason was spotty at best. And I think in spite of his record this year I’m not impressed with vance’s defensive calls/scheme.

I think the failure is a result of both talent and coaching deficiencies. The fact that it’s happened in 13 straight seasons to kliff is, to me, deafening.
Well put.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
We're in a tough spot.

I don't think canning KK would leave us in great shape. But taking a "go slo" approach to coaching changes won't change our sorry situation either,

Ideally, MB and KK should have an honest, frank sitdown to air actions and policies that warrant serious change from this past year. (In a healthier environment, MB should bring in the entire staff). If a staff member doesn't agree to change course...can him and bring in a more aggressive replacement.

I realize walking the middle road isn't very sexy, but tweaking rather than blowing the whole deal up may be the wiser way to go.
I think we are waiting on Leftwich tbh

This.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson