Why you fire Kingsbury now

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Well, you can't know!

What we do know is that under KK we've progressed from 5 to 8 to 11, and we don't know what year #4 will bring.

I don't think Bidwill and/or Keim have any reservations about considering changes after a proper post-mortem. However, they will likely conclude that in this case, KK deserves another season at the helm.
You're confusing correlation with causation. 5>8>11 could be a simple reflection of an improving roster and QB, and really is the only leg someone would have to stand on at this point.

Kliff has gotten 3 years, and his teams are consistently undisciplined and fall apart. This year was a failure -just ask JJ. Do you really think another year will fix Kliff's inadequacies as a head coach?

QuebecCard

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You're confusing correlation with causation. 5>8>11 could be a simple reflection of an improving roster and QB, and really is the only leg someone would have to stand on at this point.

Kliff has gotten 3 years, and his teams are consistently undisciplined and fall apart. This year was a failure -just ask JJ. Do you really think another year will fix Kliff's inadequacies as a head coach?

I never confuse correlation with causation and offered the increase in wins as an illustration of a factor that could enter into the decision regarding KK immediate future.

Do I think another year will fix KK shortcomings? Don't know, but will certainly attempt to address that question when the results are in after season four.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, you can't know!

What we do know is that under KK we've progressed from 5 to 8 to 11, and we don't know what year #4 will bring.

I don't think Bidwill and/or Keim have any reservations about considering changes after a proper post-mortem. However, they will likely conclude that in this case, KK deserves another season at the helm.
Of course we can’t know. Yes the wins have increased. But if your going to use that as your only measuring stick then you have to include the record of the team in the second half of the season.
We are 0-8 in game clinching situations. 0-8! If we won one of our last two games last year we would have been in the playoffs. If we on 2 of our last 5 games this year we would have won the division. Do you see the trend? Losses to the Lions, Panthers, Colts and Seahawks, all teams that are not playoff teams.
We lost Hopkins and our offense goes to hell. Is that lack of talent or lack of adjustments? I understand Hopkins value but it’s not like you’re forced to play with 10 guys. I can understand a little drop off but a total collapse has seriously got to evaluated.
If you had a boxer that always won the first 7 rounds but gets knocked out in the 10th is that successful? After a few times you would have to change your strategy or keep watching him to get knocked out.
Eight meaningful games in two year and we couldn’t win one. And then we are told the playoff game is what Kyler lives for. Then we hear Kliff claim inexperience in playoff games.
I respect your opinion Q, but I am no longer going to let this organization piss on me and tell me it’s raining. Every decision made here on out that includes Keim and Kingsbury will be defined by me as the wrong decision until proven otherwise. That’s all they deserve from me.

DaHilg

Veteran
Reaction score

There is plenty of facts that support causation...I fully feel this team has improved more so based on the talent and not selecting a bust as QB with our number 1 pick in 2019. The roster has elevated VASTLY from what it was in 2018 - even with Kiems blunders in the draft. I don't think it would have mattered if we had CoachBro or Coach JoeSchmo, this team had a good odds of being a playoff team within 3 years.

Fun fact.. From 1989 to 2020, 20 teams selected a QB as their #1 overall pick. 14 of those teams made the playoffs within 3 years from selecting their QB as the #1 overall pick. 70% of the teams went from worst in the league to being a playoff team within 3 years.

The 6 teams that did not make the playoffs, selected Quarterbacks that most would probably deem being colossal busts or had extenuating circumstances;

1. Jeff George - Bust...But actually took the team from 1 win to 9 wins in year 2.
2. Tim Couch - Bust...although almost qualified for the above fact in taking the Browns to playoffs in year 4.
3. David Carr - Not sure if you can consider him a bust or more of a factor of Texans being a brand new franchise.
4. Jamarcus Russell... perhaps the biggest bust of all time?
5. Sam Bradford...injury riddled.
6. Jameis Winston... Bust.. although led the Bucs to 9 wins in his second season.

Point being, I highly doubt coaching was the correlation of 70% of the teams making the playoffs like us within 3 seasons selecting a QB #1 overall in the last ~30 years. Strong evidence suggest your team and roster will improve enough within that 3 year span to improve enough to make the playoffs - baring you selected a colossal QB bust as your #1 pick. Heck, history suggest that you have an 80% chance of having at least a 9 win season within 3 years of selecting a QB #1 overall.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I never confuse correlation with causation and offered the increase in wins as an illustration of a factor that could enter into the decision regarding KK immediate future.

Do I think another year will fix KK shortcomings? Don't know, but will certainly attempt to address that question when the results are in after season four.
If the same thing happens again, I'm sure there will be people who see nothing wrong, and want to give KK another shot.

Brian in Mesa

I Want To Believe
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It reminds me of the shot they had during the game showing Murray and Kirk chatting on the sidelines when the game was basically over. I wish I could have read their lips. It appeared as they were kind of being quiet about what they were talking about.
Kirk: "Unlimited lives? No way."
Murray: "Way, man. Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start"

QuebecCard

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Of course we can’t know. Yes the wins have increased. But if your going to use that as your only measuring stick then you have to include the record of the team in the second half of the season.
We are 0-8 in game clinching situations. 0-8! If we won one of our last two games last year we would have been in the playoffs. If we on 2 of our last 5 games this year we would have won the division. Do you see the trend? Losses to the Lions, Panthers, Colts and Seahawks, all teams that are not playoff teams.
We lost Hopkins and our offense goes to hell. Is that lack of talent or lack of adjustments? I understand Hopkins value but it’s not like you’re forced to play with 10 guys. I can understand a little drop off but a total collapse has seriously got to evaluated.
If you had a boxer that always won the first 7 rounds but gets knocked out in the 10th is that successful? After a few times you would have to change your strategy or keep watching him to get knocked out.
Eight meaningful games in two year and we couldn’t win one. And then we are told the playoff game is what Kyler lives for. Then we hear Kliff claim inexperience in playoff games.
I respect your opinion Q, but I am no longer going to let this organization piss on me and tell me it’s raining. Every decision made here on out that includes Keim and Kingsbury will be defined by me as the wrong decision until proven otherwise. That’s all they deserve from me.

I share your frustration.

But, I'm a glass-half-full kind of guy and don't think that they'll walk away from KK just yet.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Again james Conner was not evaluated to be the starter, made pro bowl as a back up, 2nd stringer. Never seen a carry until the game was over, 5- 3 and outs an interception and another pick 6 in the first 1/2. this was against the 2 best pass rushers in history and top pass defense in the NFL. Cards were utterly obliterate, players and coached report they don’t know why? Above their pay grade!

Keim got the talent under the cap, but has not supervised any corrections to this over multiple coaches, he is a yes man Not a boss, he is Staffs only boss. We do not run early in most losses , winning teams do! we lose big games, without running, most teams do.
ain’t not secret rocket science. trick is none have corrected or even had he insight to recognize this fatal flaw. In public or private. Gotta go, get GM and staff that knows why they collapse, you know during the collapse! Not balls out lie to fans, media. Not really AZ media never asked, or even mention it until this Bickly piece, that gave it 1/3 of sentence.
Too often, Kingsbury gets swallowed by these moments. And on Monday, he failed to get his quarterback in a comfort zone, failed to get James Conner rolling early, failed to get Zach Ertz involved in the offense.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Too often, Kingsbury gets swallowed by these moments. And on Monday, he failed to get his quarterback in a comfort zone, failed to get James Conner rolling early, failed to get Zach Ertz involved in the offense.
The problems I'm seeing with Kyler, I don't think anyone can fix that other than Kyler.

He has as much potential as I've ever seen in a QB, but it's on him to make plays and plenty are available for him to make.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
The problems I'm seeing with Kyler, I don't think anyone can fix that other than Kyler.

He has as much potential as I've ever seen in a QB, but it's on him to make plays and plenty are available for him to make.
You do understand cards didn’t run and Rams raced at him like cards were behind by 21 to start the game? With von Miller and AAron Donald! We went for 5 3 and outs and 2 picks in the first 1/2! No QB had a chance! no oline! No defense! No special teams! That was their game plan and we knew it! They knew ours also!

no excuse for that in the payoffs, or any game for that matter. None

Brian in Mesa

I Want To Believe
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
In Bidwill vs Murray meeting, Keim will be under the desk. Bidwill doesn't sneeze at a football without Keim around. Keim in all likelihood will prevent a Bidwill Murray meet.

Well, I guess it's the time of year where we break out the tin foil hats and keep an eye out for black helicopters.

Last edited: